Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 11

+2
Kevin
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

October 11 Empty October 11

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:42 am

hey guys!
i did my devos but didnt post it because i was at Suji's house for some prayer and praise! I learned a lot from last night, and we ended up sleeping over aha... so i just got home now.
i didnt get anything from the last chapter, much like all of you guys aha Razz,

hope we get something from todays service!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

October 11 Empty Re: October 11

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:52 pm

something that stuck out today was when he said "think to thank"
thats a concept i have never heard and it BLEW ME AWAY. The whole idea of thanks and thanksgiving is put in a new light now, for me that is.

Brap brap no school

peace out hommies

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 pm

when Pastor Noh spoke about how God never puts anyone in hell i thought about it and he was right. God doesn't put us into hell, we put ourselves into hell by the thigns we do. We can make the choices of what to do, we can choose where we wanna stand on judgement day so i want all of us to make good choices.

see you ebonyknights friday.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 pm

GODISNOWHERE

haha so even though isaac had to be a pessimist and ruin this analogy on a stupid technicality, i really liked the way pastor noh talked about different perspectives.. The thing is, thankfulnes can only happen in our hearts if we choose to look at things in the RIGHT perspective..
it all sort of really depends on the comparisons we make too. pastor noh was talking about how we can often ask to ourselves why our parents have to smell like kimchi and embarass us in public places.. aha if we compare ourselves to REALLY rich people, or people with REALLY cool parents, or people that are REALLY smart then we're always going to be bitter and hostile, and wondering why God didn't give us MORE. But on the flip side we can be more optimistic and realize how much God has blessed us with food, a family, clothes, and most important of them all, God's LOVEEE. And that's when we can really start appreciating everything that we have and really be THANKFUL. and ofcourse, that only comes with right THINKING. teeheee

well have a great thanksgiving everyone!
me and mumsie went out and bought a pumpkin pie and I would have to say.. that I am enjoying it thoroughly Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 pm

A VERY GOOD TECHNICALITY...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:02 am

hello my lovely's Smile
how was your thanksgiving?
man im so full, and i had such a good time with my huge family Razz
is it just me or was it especially cold today.. when we were at the new building, i thought i was going to freeze to death ! LOL

okay so GODISNOWHERE.
i will admit.
i saw GOD IS NO WHERE. and right away i was like "WHAT!?!?!??!" HAHAHAHHAHA
but i loved how pastor noh talked about diff perspectives. It really made me see things differently..... and imma try not to be negative.
i also liked what he said about "super pastors" how they dont exist. but in my opinion i think out of all the churches in toronto, we have the best ones. How lucky are we to have a pastor like Sam. One whos not just our pastor but also like a best friend. And a senior pastor who is a 1.5 gen so he can comminicate with us too, and have so much interest and love for us 2nd genners. hahaha He has such a big vision and mission for us.
my friend used to always say. "expect nothing, be grateful for everything" and i really get it now
i tried listing all the things i was grateful for, and wow, the list just goes on and on. How awesome is it, to have a God like our God.
amenn!?!?!??!?!

good night everyone,

NO SCHOOL TOMORROW !!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:52 am

Hey guys... I'm rele happy today... When i saw the big turkey that my family baught and
the sandwhiches were rele good and tasted better than usual cuz i didn't eat anything b4...
Altho some people that doesn't even come to our church that I KINDA disliked were there, i rele
didn't mind... HAHA

Man, reveren noh is rele good with words plus the fact that he can speak both korean and
english and do the sermone makes me look up to him... I liked when he said we can learn
to give thanks and appreciate... It's tru, some people do not kno how to thank and appriciate
and like even tho if we can't, we can learn to. Plus the Godisnowhere thing... The first
thing i read was god is no where... LOL then after he explained it, i was kinda relieved...
U kno, No matter what we do, we should also LEARN to look at the bright side... Altho
we may be stressed about school and stuff there are lots of people who can't even go to
school, so that's one way of looking things the bright side... And also the fact that we
can worship god!!! HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:56 am

lol played 4 hours of dota with my brother, and and omg i got destroyed. A pastor who kicks ass in dota...weird!

I really liked the part on perspectives. We can either be thankful or complain. You can always have something to be thankful of, and also always have something to complain about. Your the one who decides how you live your life.

K c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down