Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 21s

+3
Kevin
jaake kwon
Esther
7 posters

Go down

October 21s  Empty October 21s

Post  Esther Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Seeing as I wasn't at church today, ...
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE SERMON WAS ABOUT! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

October 21s  Empty Re: October 21s

Post  jaake kwon Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 pm

So today's sermon was on relationships and how they are so crucial in playing a role for God's kingdom. Either Johan or Daniel mentioned this in church, but it was something along the lines of how our whole ministry started with Jesus picking 12 guys to just follow what he does. Also, Daniel mentioned a previous senior pastor in Korea that had 200 pastors under him, and his secret was that he saw the good side of every one of those pastors.

Well. For my reflection, I think that something we need to do with this is to apply to various other people in our everyday lives or such. Whether it's a bully or an outcast. We have to build relationships with them so that we can bring people closer together and share companionship with one another. Our goal as christians is to essentially bring people together in the kingdom of Christ, and bringing them together is half the fight.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am

the most applicable thing I learned from today's sermon was SEE the good in people.
There are just so many unjust things about everyone, but God has that ability to look past all that
I dislike most people when i first meet them because i only see things I dislike about them
That's my problem. But EVENTUALLY, I learn to like them
But I should not even be looking at those things I dislike about them first because I basically wouldn't be giving them a chance
God looks past us our imperfections, we should unto others as well!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 pm

i really liked the sermon yesterday. it allowed me to think twice about my own judgement and like what Kevin said, see the good in people. i liked how Daniel said that the more we pray about our enemies, the more we will find it hard to hate them as we formerly did before we started to pray. when we do good things for a bad thing, it will turn good...i dunno if that makes sense but i will be a math wiz and show an equation of what i am trying to say Very Happy good+bad=good cheers we are told to love our neighbours and we are always asking God how can we if we hate them? well pray for those people and try to see the good in everyone because as much as you might hate a person, there will be a good side to them that you will find out through God's eyes. just pray that you will be able to view your neighbours as God does. see the good in them and love them for that good! you will forget about the bad like what the sermon for thanksgiving was about.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Sorry for not posting this yesterday but here goes..

The thing that stuck out to me in Dans sermon was the fact that we judge and dont give people chances without seeing what they have to offer us and what they are capable of.
It isnt only our jobs to approach one another... but their jobs as well. Even though you might not become best friends in the first few days... you can become best friends if you give it time.
Everyone is blessed in their own ways and we just have to give them that chance to show for it.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 am

For me, yesterdays sermon was mainly on how god sees you and the plans he has made for you. I remember he said that god sees everyone differently from the way we see others. We are all different from one another and god uses our special individuality and gifts he has blessed us with and wants us to use it for good purposes and to glorify his kingdom. Each of us have different personalities that bring eachother out and go as a team. We share our strength with others who are weak as we learn from them as well. It all balances out perfectly.....it's better when I picture it in my head but those were my thoughts yesterday
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 am

What i got from Dan's sermon was that we do not come up with relationships in a short perriod of time. We must have spent ALOT of time with the other person to be able to be close with them. Dan pointed out that he is able to rely on somebody because he has known that person for a looooooong time and know what kind of a person he/she is. He can trust this person because he knows this person super duper well so he has faith that the person will do right. But do you think he would rely on someone he met a week ago?

Relationships are built throughout time. Spending time together and being able to go through hardship together. mingling with others etc... We should have a strong relationship with God because we can talk to him ALL THE TIME. how great is that, we dont have to wait every week to go to church but we can talk to him everyday through p[rayer

Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down