Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday September 6th

5 posters

Go down

Sunday September 6th Empty Sunday September 6th

Post  Grace Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:31 pm

i really loved the message in todays sermon Smile
i liked how Sammy was talking about how Jesus is the human form of God, so if we want to know more about God, and how He is, then to study the life of Jesus .
and also, when he talked about Paul, i think that was another fav.
he talked about transformation . As we get closer to God, we see more of our sinful ways, and we become more humble instea of proud and arrogant in front of God.

Again, when he was talking about this transformation, and then asked "have you ever been told that they can see God shining through you through your words and actions ?" and it reminded me of the section on the Jars of Clay in the new testiment .

lets pray for transformation, and a relationship with God, because without one, we cant grow and become better. we cant get closer to God.

Also what Jacob said at practice/meeting really came to mind. when he said that God , isnt what we want him to be, He is what He is in the scriptures, and like sammy said, we may have opinions on CHrist, but in the end, He is who He is, according to the word.

have a good week everyone Smile
one more day of summer, and its back to school

ive been told to study hard and im getting teased by the oldies who graduated from university this past year... LOL
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Sunday September 6th Empty Re: Sunday September 6th

Post  Allan Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Hello, yall GOT A NEW CELLPHONE YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOORA!!!!!!!!!!! NEED TO CHARGE IT THOUGH!!!!!!! txt madness!!!!

I love Brown Sam's sermons lol

I learned today something I will remember for a long time. The more you are closer to God the more you realize how much of a sinner your are. This is a crucial turning point in anyone's life. When I began to realize my sin, I went the wrong way, and I started to get depressed and was afraid to hurt others. I never had someone to help me out when I first took the step. I think it's crucial for the church to help those who took the step surrender to God. It made me realize that I should be doing more to help people out. People sometimes will get lost becasue it is a life changing process.

This is how I see it. No one is free from sin, but we know that we've sinned, from there we can either get lost or ask for God's forgiveness, but some people need the guidance.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:08 pm

allan gets a new phone and i lose mine. ;( hate my life.
haha so today i really liked it when sam talked about how jesus shines his light and exposes all of our sins... this topic can get really uncomfortable becuase every single one of us have sins that we hide from others, that we're ashamed to talk about, etc. but jesus knows them all - and even though we may try to ignore it to avoid dealing with the shame or thinking about repentance, that really doesnt get us anywhere because we can never fool God.. So I think that its really important to keep each other accountable.. to share with each other the things we're usually too scared to tell each other, becuase jesus encourages us to expose our sins.. becuase i think that once we do so, we have more motivation to break free from those sins..
Also Sam's sermon today reminded me of the importance of scripture.. sometimes we lose sight of the the holy value of it.. but the scriptures is where we base all of our faith.. thats how we know Jesus' character, thats where we find the guidance to start and continue our christian walks.. which goes perfectly with jacob and isaac's new rule.. it may seem strict but i think its a great way to motivate us to do our devos, because it really is so important for growing in our relationship with God...
Allan keep me accountable! Razz
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:58 pm

YES guys. great responses. i hope Isaac is still alive.
Allan same number?

This is what i learned form Sam's sermon, As i dwell into the relationship of God, i realize how much more unclean, sinful and unworthy i am. This is definitely true, when we first accept Christ, we tend to let that pass and live a all smiles life, which isn't bad, BUT we need to remind ourselves that God is consistent and so should we with our prayers for forgiveness and for sin. Jesus didn't die on the cross so that we can be temporarily be saved and move on, he did it for ETERNITY, and we should remind ourselves constantly we are here BECAUSE we are sinful.

GREAT JOB Sam Williams!
Keep each other accountable or GG
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:15 am

I AM ALIVE : ) : )

whats up guys? i honestly smell like crap and i got a billion messages on my blackberry, but before i shower i wanted to do my devos today, because devos always come first!

1) billy do your devos before i lay a smack down on your ass...
2) good to see everyone has been doing devos!
3) i have so many stories to tell...

I had service before we left our island today and sam talked about following God, and searching for his purpose for you even at a young age. It REALLY got me thinking of what i should do with my life in regards for using it for Gods purpose.

Thats about all, ill tell you all my crazy stories this Friday! I MISSED YOU GUYS : (

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 pm

i missed you too isaac ! Smile haha
Grace