Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012

+4
Kevin
James
josephpaik
jaake kwon
8 posters

Go down

Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012 Empty Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012

Post  jaake kwon Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Reminding you guys of the sunday devo that's due this week.
Well.
The sermon was on how we forget about God and start to leave him behind. How we only crawl back in times of need, and never thank him forever like we're supposed to. Ring a bell? Great.

OK. Well. In relevance to highschool, I feel that I have the need to point out that highschools are very non religious. It's for the sake of not starting issues, yeah. But that doesn't mean we have to avoid our practices by all means necessary. If they had a problem with God, and went up to us about it, well, that's that. We have the bible to guide us on how to deal with naysayers. But just because we don't like those methods, doesn't mean that the best way to avoid a religious argument is to be passive about our religion. Part of being Christian is maintaining our passion. If we can't hold our passion for our faith and our God, people wouldn't have a reason to respect us in the first place. I'm not saying that we need respect either, but I'm saying that respect for our God, starts with respect for His creations.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012 Empty Re: Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012

Post  josephpaik Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 pm

This is what i got.
Three Rs

Remember Gods word.
We have a hard time remembering God word and whe we want to conenct with him, its hard to. God helps us rememebr who he is and by bringing songs to us. We rememebr who God is, but in time we forget. But when times get hard, we go back to him again.

Repsond
Singing helps us repsond to God grace and what hes done. It all comes to what God has done for us.

Reflect
Glory- What God has overcome or done for us.
Singing songs of God help us reflect on the Glory of God and all he has done for us. We should be grateful

Three Rs summarize that God will always be there with us and connect with us by the hymes and music he brings upon us because it is always easier to remmeber a song, than a sermon.
a lot easier to rememebr lyrics to a catchy melody, rather than a speech.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012 Empty Re: Sunday reflections; 30th of September. 2012

Post  James Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Colossians 3:16.
This verse reminds us to be praising God with glad hearts.
Today's sermon by John Beak reminded me of God's grace.
By human nature, we tend to forget about God, especially when we're happy.
Well at least I know I do.
As God knows each and everyone of us, inside and out, he knows our human nature and provides us with songs and hymns for us to remind ourselves with, so that we could praise his name.
All these songs are given to us, so that we could remember, respond, and reflect upon the Word.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 am

LONG Sermon
Very enjoyable though
3 Rs were the things that stuck out.
It was a great point that we remember things better in the form of music.
PERHAPS that may be one of the origins of "praises". To remember God's word. His teachings, and his love.
Worship music has always been a huge part of my Christian walk. It still is.
But I'm sure for others, leadership might be another huge part.
Just a great reflection of just how much singing god's praises can mean and do for us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Remember respond and reflect......
I liked how this sermon talked about how we communtivate with god through songs. Some things just can't be written down on paper. We praise by givig thanks, asking for help, and to tell a story that should not be forgotten. We also should remember to give thanks to the lord more often. Humans usually crawl back to god only in their time of need. We do sing praise songs every Sundays, but do we actually mean the words that we sing out to the lord?
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 pm

the three R's is really what stood out to me. worship helps you to remember, respond and reflect. i particularly enjoyed the sermon since it was relatable to us, as a praise team. worship or singing as Pastor John Baik called it, helps you to remember God since you are worshipping and praising Him, respond to God's word and give the attention and worship that He deserves, and to reflect on the song; reflect on God.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 pm

I loved how the pastor shared the reason for singing because i know that its true.
i sing for the three Rs.
Remembering GOd's words
Responding to him
and reflecting what God has provided for us and his grace.
Before the sermon i wasnt sure why i was singing, i thought it was just praising but didnt know it was this vaast.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:49 am

I'm pretty sure that by this point, we all know that the main point of the sermon was the three Rs: Remember, Respond and Reflect.

Remembering God's word, responding to his grace and reflecting on his glory.

Now, taking world religions in gr11, I'm well aware that stories and songs were the methods of teaching, even in the primal religions and such.
Perhaps that's why we have so many different divisions of Christianity. The stories and songs were told by so many, that the words were slightly changed, and the way in which we understood them and experienced them were different. Also, that there were probably different ways that each person grew towards God, best.

So I was thinking about how, you know, as a praise team, we spend more than enough time "praising" God. But how often do you guys, honestly, stop to think about the lyrics?
Pastor Park (?) mentioned in the beginning that now more than ever before, people are spending more time doing something with music, instead of listening to it.
We're playing/singing these songs... but how often do we know what we're singing/playing about?

Just something that I was thinking about!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down