Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruth 3 (August 19th)

+5
Kevin
JacobPk
Roh
Grace
Isaac
9 posters

Go down

Ruth 3 (August 19th) Empty Ruth 3 (August 19th)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Grace is our new GB... all hail Grace
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Ruth 3 (August 19th) Empty Re: Ruth 3 (August 19th)

Post  Grace Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:48 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha ><
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am

Hey guys! I got here safely and have been pretty busy in the last couple of days, but everything is working out great! I found a place to live and I'll be moving in on Sunday, so I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and I'll send them to you guys. The place looks pretty siiiiick so far but it's a new place and the floors aren't done yet, and no furniture...so when it's done, I'll make sure to show you guys and maybe draw some penises on the walls as well...or not.

I just wanted to post the last three days of devos here so that I can share what I've been learning about as well!

I've been reading James. I read James 1 on Monday and 2 on Tuesday, and I just read James 3. I'll share a bit of each:

In chapter 1, I liked verses 3 and 4: "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

I think I've heard it from a million other people that with more trials, come more learning and that you get stronger. To hear it in the Bible was a great assurance for me, and just a comforting message, you know? Sometimes when things hit hard for me, I just remind myself that a few billion people in the world have it a lot worse than I do. And that's how I get by some of my problems. But I think this is a better way...when troubles come my way, to think of it as God's challenge for me to grow in both my endurance and spirit, I feel honoured and want to face them head on that much more.

Verses 5 and 6 talk about wisdom. And he reminds us that we can ask God for wisdom whenever we want, but we also need to make sure that our faith is in GOD ALONE. Not our intelligence, not our own wisdom, but in God alone. In our day and age, people have become very...God-UNreliant. People rely less and less on God in the church, due to their intelligence and this world's increasing levels of focus on individualism and convenience. You can do almost everything by yourself now. Nobody needs a computer technician, a translator, a teacher, and many other things. In the same way, people are needing God less and less. When there's an issue, instead of saying, "Hey, Let's pray about this", people are more inclined to say, "Let's call a psychiatrist; this guy needs help", or "Call professional advertisement companies; we need to advertise for this fundraiser so we can build this church." Do you know what I mean? Instead of relying on ourselves for wisdom, we need to look to God. He WILL give it to us.

James 2 talked about the compulsory need of the co-existence of faith and actions. Not faith alone nor actions alone, but they need to exist together. Faith without actions seem hypocritical, lazy. Actions without faith do not glorify God. This is an area that I need to work on. I don't go out there and act as a hypocritical Christian per se, but in little areas such as being more patient with strangers slamming doors on my face or judging people, I need to work on being more Godly about these situations.

And what I learned from James 3 nicely combines James 1 and 2. It's about obtaining God's wisdom to do good works. I liked how verse 17 emphasizes that God's wisdom is pure. It doesn't really have a hidden agenda or a tricky way, but its goal is always for the better of other people and is really sincere. So as we ask God for wisdom, let's remind ourselves that when God wants us to be WISE about situations in our lives, it's not to find the best ways to be individualistic, but rather to be purer and purer each day, striving to only glorify Him. Imagine a world in which all the individuals in it never worried about themselves but only for other people. It would have one huge caring-tree where every individual would be taken care of by thousands of other individuals and it would just be so powerful.

I hope that all of you are doing really well! My Skype is rohpark so if you guys have Skype, add me and feel free to talk to me any time Smile

Take care!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am

PS. Sick picture.

Billy, you're one good-looking man.
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 pm

YES ROH.
8==================D
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:24 pm

YES ROH 8======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================D
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:33 pm

today is ....... slow
its nice out but all i did today was clean, cook, and babysit . blaah hahaha
next week i think imma go shopping at eatons Very Happy YESS lol

So in this chapter ir learned a lot about obedience.
Ruth did everything she was told to do my Naomi and Boaz without any complaint or second thought.
A few weeks ago we learned how God loves obedience more than worship. That He would rather have us obey Him than worship Him...
I guess when i think about it i was so focused on "always worship always worship" that when God told me to do something... sometimes i wouldnt listen and sometimes i refused because i didnt want to do it or because i didnt understand why i had to do it. but now on i want to obey God as well as worship Him. I want to do what God calls me to do.
Right now i have some decisions to make, and honestly... i dont know what He's calling me to do for sure yet, but whatever He does call me to do i will obey and serve in that area.

hope everyones day is going gooood Smile
and ill see you all................. friday ?
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Ruth 3 (August 19th) Empty Ruth 3

Post  Kevin Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Ruth 3

From reading these past 3 chapters, I see that Ruth is hard working and cares alot for Naomi but I read in this chapter that Ruth was really obedient. When she said that Boaz was supposed to redeem her, Boaz told her that another man might've wanted to redeem her and she didn't argue. Now Ruth doesn't know anything about this man and Boaz is asking her to marry this random man. But Ruth didn't say anything, she was willing to do what was good for her family even if it meant marrying a man she never met. If someone asked me to marry this random girl I never met, I would definitely say no.

Another thing I noticed was how Boaz also cared for Ruth and Naomi. He said if the man he was gonna introduce did not take Ruth, Boaz would take her. It's like an "I got your back thing". Boaz cared so much for Ruth that he wouldn't anything bad happen to her. I found it amazing that 2 people like Boaz and Ruth could care so much for each other even if they aren't blood family. I learned to try to be more lke these two and care for others like God did.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Ruth 3.

So I don't know if it's because I'm tired, but this chapter got me thinking about husbands. I might just be rambling about nothing, but this is what I truly got out of my devos today.The fact that Boaz is such a caring person who has respect for Ruth and Naomi taught me to wait and look for the right man. Boaz even says, "All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character." I think that God will bless each one of us to find the perfect significant other- someone who is uniquely awesome for us.

I really liked this chapter because it was really light and got me thinking about a lot of things.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:18 am

hey guys, its getting less humid!
"but don’t let Boaz see you until he has finished eating and drinking."
this is funny because i wait for my boss to finish his lunch before i tell him bad news... aha it works trust me!

"The man won’t rest until he has settled things today.”"
Boaz is a real champ! You know in the new testament when Jesus tells us to go the extra mile? Boaz really does and thats a trait we should all strive for!

A pretty short chapter today, tomorrows our last chapter!
FRIDAY IS NEAR!!! YE YE

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 am

Today's been a really tiring day... My parents called me suddenly and told me to work starting 3:30 when it was 3:15... plus did 3 hours of TKD sparring and gained many injuries in my legs... plus I didn't get ANY sleep the night b4....

I'm not gonna make this very long cuz I rele think i need to get some sleep if i want to go to a swimming party and the praise team practice...

This chapter continuelly showed the commitment of Ruth to Naomi altho Naomi couldn't do anything for her. Naomi gave many orders to ruth and she followed her orders without any arguements. She was willing to do anything for Naomi, even if it didn't give her what she wanted. She was willing to marry a person that she haven't even met for Naomi. Now, I'm not saying that she should marry a women that we have never met for somebody else but we should imitate the personailties of Ruth. She should always listen to each other and do each other favors, help each other out if our brothers of sisters need help... SOOO KEVIN, GRACE, AND PAUL!!! IF ALLEN AND ISAAC ARE HAVING TROUBLE TAKING THE SPEAKERS, GO HELP THEM OUT SO THAT THE SPEAKERS DON'T FALL ON THEM!!!! (I dunt kno if paul has an account or not but still, you get the point!!)

P.S thanks Roh, Isaac, and Jacob... I luv the Pic <3... HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:15 am

IT'S ALLAN NOT ALLEN YOU SCUMBAG. lol jks Billy I LOVE YOU!

I am home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Finally home, and it was a interesting experience living!

I learned many wise things and I am gong to share them with you

1 pregnant women crave spicy food
2 pregnant women cannot endure the smell of rice
3 pregnant women should not lift anything heavier then a carton of milk
4 pregnant women are clingy
5 pregnant women are going to get moody so suck it up. (I learned this the hard way)

Anyway here is Ruth 3

Side note can you imagine yourself waking up in the middle of the night and you find yourself in the situation Boaz was in?

Hahaha this is from the Discover God study Bible Sam gave us

God often uses odd circumstances to bring us into intimate relationships.

Ruth shows us what loyalty truly means. We see that Ruth is a Women of God, becasue loyalty can go two ways. You are only good as the person you are loyal to. I think that makes sense. Someone can ask you to do something that is sinful, but you have the decisions to be loyal to the person, or say "No". I am pretty sure Ruth would have declined what Naomi would of said if it was against God's wishes. Loyalty can be easily abused. This speaks degree to Naomi and Ruth. Through Ruth we see Naomi's good intentions towards her daughter in law. We have to be smart to be able to say No sometimes, becasue loyalty can be easily misread.

that is all for today, I missed you my beautiful guitar I'll never leave you alone home again, embrace yourself into my arms...lol

k bi!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:30 am

haha keep up the devos guys.
i had work today, so bummed hahaha and sorry for the late post!

ANyway, no specific verses stuck out to me, but this chapter shows how lovely a relationship can be. Their humility, nobility and kindness is somehting we don't often see these days, even within our church. GET this, they barely KNOW each other... which is why this is siiick. I want us to be the praise that stands out from the rest. NOT because of our music, not because we're good looking Smile, but because we have a unity and relationship amongst each other, but also with GOD. soo make an effort to but humble at all times, cause that's what Jesus did.

friday friday friday.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:49 pm

sorry guys for not doing my devo yesterday
i went to the jays game and came home really late so i will be doing my devo today

Ruth 3

I didnt really get alot of from this verse I got Ruth showed more loyalty then before to Naomi and Boaz. Naomi is a mother in law not the real mother but Ruth listens to her just her her own mother. As Ruth listen to what Naomi said everything was better going for Ruth.

-steven hong
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down