Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruth 2 (August 18th)

+4
JacobPk
Steven.Hong
Grace
Isaac
8 posters

Go down

Ruth 2 (August 18th) Empty Ruth 2 (August 18th)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Very Happy
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Ruth 2 (August 18th) Empty Re: Ruth 2 (August 18th)

Post  Grace Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

today was so humid .
and i feel really dizzy :S
dont go to fitness swim early in the morning.......... so tired
i cut the grass today, and i think i got like 2 mosquito bites on my face :S ahhhhhh sad

haha anyways so today in Ruth 2, i learned a lot about kindness and God's grace.
It was because of God's grace that Ruth was able to happen across Boaz' fields and was able to harvest there without being harmed. It really shows how God watches over us in ways that we might not notice. I think i would have been relieved and very thankful to God for watching over me that day, and for keeping me safe. I also loved how God opened the heart of Boaz, he realy watched out for RUth when she was there, and he made sure that she was safe. It shows how God can really work in someone.
I want to challenge myself to really be able to notice these things, and really see the ways God moves around me when im... anywhere. And to really thank Him after a day is done because i really AM thankful like Naomi was to Boaz.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 pm

hey guyss
how was your day today?????
Im loving the hot sunny weatherrr!!
anywayssss

Ruth 2

Yesterday Ruth stayed with naomi instead of going to her own family and getting married to a different family. What a crazy woman Ruth is. Today we learned that Ruth worked in the field maybe because she was bored lol. Ruth is pretty random, Ruth is like doing the opposite things that I would do. But for doing that Naomi's brother in-law offers Ruth a little job to work with his workers. Ruth was blessed because if she was in a different place working she would of got raped but Boaz took her in to work for him. WOW Ruth is soo lucky for being blessed soo much... Smile I learned that today that you can be bless in many ways by doing the stuff you really dislike.
yeah yeah

-steven hong
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:28 am

it is quite the humid...
we had a harry potter marathon with sam's cell group/ mine... it was quite long... cho chang fails at being asian...

"“All right, my daughter, go ahead.” 3 So Ruth went out to gather grain behind the harvesters. And as it happened, she found herself working in a field that belonged to Boaz, the relative of her father-in-law, Elimelech."
I was thinking about this verse, cause God really really really provides for Ruth. Imagine how DESPERATE she was for a job to support her mother in law. To just walk out and search for someone to offer work!

"11 “Yes, I know,” Boaz replied. “But I also know about everything you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband. I have heard how you left your father and mother and your own land to live here among complete strangers. 12 May the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done.”"
This book doesnt only show Ruth's kindness... Boaz is pretty baller too aha. She said earlier "im only a foreigner" but he didnt care, He only saw her hard work and character.

The main thing i got from this chapter, is that God provides. When i did The Purpose Driven Life under Pauline, i learned a lot, but the main thing i learned was that God provides. It was kind of our little motto. Lets keep that in mind!

I hope you like your new display pictures and info updates! It is quite the homosexual...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 am

haha ello. watched Harry Potter, pretty good.
i htink we should watch a movie together as a team too! lets do it soon haha

Anyway, Ruth is a machine, she did not only do it for herself, but for Naomi as well. She is beyond loyal at this point, but also humble. It's something we should all learn, she took the initiative and did it without complaints, a TRUE woman. Anyway, i think people tend to see Ruth as the OMG thing, but i think Boaz was the man in this picture. He also humbled himself so that Ruth could be acknowledged and he generously gave, expecting nothing in return. Mad respect.
"You have given me comfort and have spoken kindly to your servant"
Just like how Ruth said this, hasn't God made us feel this way as well?
I'm sure there has been a time where you have told God that's he's so great and this and that, and that we're so unworthy to be his servant right?
just REMEMBER, God is God.
He's consistent in everything, he will always be comforting, always be kind, loving.
anyway yah. CATHY is coming backk yeeee.
Hannah is leaving, booo.
Lets pray for their safety Smile
SEE YOU
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:53 am

Ruth 2.

From this chapter, I really saw the love that Ruth has for Naomi. When she brings back food that was left after having dinner at Boaz's, I understood her genuine love for her mother-in-law. The fact that Naomi was looking out for Ruth's safety while working at a field also showed that they had each other's back in their struggles.

Seeing how Boaz treated Ruth taught me the importance of believers looking out for each other. For the newbies on the praise team, I think you guys will quickly learn that everyone in the praise team looks out for each other and supports each other. When one person is struggling, the whole team tries to help him/her, and we go through each and every problem together. Just as Naomi and Ruth had Boaz to trust and depend on, I think that you'll all grow to become a tightly knit family. Smile
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Ruth 2 (August 18th) Empty Ruth 2

Post  Kevin Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:59 am

Ruth 2

So after reading this verse, I saw how God works through and uses other people to demonstrate kindness. This story reminded me so much of O'hana. O'hana means family and no one is ever left behind. Boaz did not know Ruth too well, so he could've easily not cared about her and not have been so nice to her, but he really showed the meaning of O'hana by treating her with such respect, you know how this connects? Even today, I think God is working significantly in our lives today. In our church, I'm pretty sure that at least one person felt the same way of how Ruth did. At least one person in our church probably felt left out until O'hana. And it's all because of God that we are able to show our acts of kindness just like he did with Ruth by using Boaz. I learned that I can try to be like Boaz and show random acts of kindness to people who I might not even be to familiar with. Those little or big random acts of kindness can really affect and help a person out. And it just might get people thinking, it's God using other people to always be looking over my shoulder.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 am

God is mericiful, and he will never turn his back on you. God will provide, all you have to do is believe. Today we see Boaz, a humble man who helps out Ruth in her time of need. God did not forget about Ruth and Naomi, and he used Boaz to show compassion toward Ruth.

When I read today's chapter I remembered a quote in Matthew which describes Ruth's situation perfectly

Matthew 6:25-34

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

God will provide. God will show you love and mercy unto those who trust him. Through Boaz we learned to be humble.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 am

Sorry guys, I got in trouble today so my parents prohibited me from using my computer, but I managed to stay up late and post my devos today...

Ruth 2

this is the continuation story of naomi and her daughter in law ruth. so basically what happend is that Naomi's husband had a relative living near where
Naomi and Ruth were named Boaz, he was pretty wealthy and was able to support many people. Eventually, ruth met up with Boaz and he aloud Ruth to work under him and was fed till satisfaction. Ruth worked very hard and still was able to show loyalty and kindness to her mother in law that was not able to do anything for her... I realized that during the last chapter, Naomi was blaming god about all the misfortunes in her life and also changed her name to Mara. but now, she thanking god for giving her and her daughter in law a chance to live again... This shows that no matter what we do, God will aways be with us. During the harsh times and during the good times in our life. He supports us when we are suffering even if we are moving far away from him...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down