Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAMES 3 3 3 3 3 3

+5
Steven.Hong
Isaac
Andy
Cathy
Joseph
9 posters

Go down

JAMES 3 3 3 3 3 3 Empty JAMES 3 3 3 3 3 3

Post  Joseph Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:55 am

Hey guys i apologize for not posting my devotions for the past 2 days, my internet was shut off so i had no access to the computer.. sry guys.. I posted James 1 and James 2 on the day it supposed to be posted, and this is what i learned in james 3.

James 3 says,

Likewise the tongue is small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire a world of evil among the parts of the body.

So in this passage, God is telling us how much power we have with are tongues. Yes, is like one of the smallest part of your body but it is also one of the strongest. I believe Pastor Sam talked about this in one of his sermons. Sometimes people will use their tongue for different use. Such as hurting people feelings. And in the bible it says that are tongue is so powerful that it can be used for evil. So more like a sin. However in the other hand we use our tongues to pray and to worship, as it says

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in Gods likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring.

In this passage, it talks about how we would use are tongues for our God. We use our tongues to pray and to have worship. And when we pray the word that comes out of your mouth is so powerful. When we are praying we a talking to God, and what ever prayer we ask for the Lord shall grant your prayers. As we pray we are using are tongues for healing and for miracles to happen. We also use are tongues for worship, the lyrics we sing out are also powerful. We are singing for bring grace, joy, peace, happiness, etc in this world and also in your minds.

So imagine, when you use your tongues just imagine how powerful it can be. God has given us tongue as part of are body for a reason. So let use our tongue to pray and worship, shall we.

AMEN...................

Have a good day guys and may God be with you...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

JAMES 3 3 3 3 3 3 Empty Re: JAMES 3 3 3 3 3 3

Post  Cathy Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:36 pm

GOOD MORNING!
hahah for me at least. So i totally even got my friend to call me at 9 this morning to wake me up so taht i could start off my day early and get a lot of stuff done. I totally lied and convinced her that I was awake and then went back to sleep, to wake up 2 hrs later. Im such a failure at life. haha but i WILL go jogging today.

James 3:
9"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be"
So the bible tells us not to be hypocrites - and thsi verse talks about one of the most prominent ways that we are. It's so true when you think about it - on sundays, at retreats, or when we're at home doing our devos and praying we're praising God, lifting up his name, and worshipping him. But then we'll turn around and swear, gossip, make fun of people, etc.
"11Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? "
And when you take this metaphor it really opens up our eyes to see that the two completly opposite and contradictory things should not be coming out of our mouths.. We need to really purify ourselves - purify our tongues so that we may say only what is good. We so often say things without thinking about it and we may hurt people without knowing it.. Or swear and totally be oblivious to how much corruption its bringing into our own lives, and also hurting God.
So let's watch the things we say and ensure that we use our tongues only to glorify God.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 pm

mmmm such a good lesson today..it's something that i struggle a lot with, watching my mouth. I think joe and cathy are right on about what it says about our tongues and how it either can be a great instrument to praise god and a weapon to curse others and God. We have to be very very careful of what comes out of our mouths, because as someone once said, the most powerful weapon is your tongue, and i've flat out messed up with it recently. I think the analogy with the fresh and salt water and the fig and olive trees really takes it to a new level, James really wanted us to understand this concept. Think before you say something, as someone once said.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:05 pm

" for we who teach will be judged more strictly."
This obviously applies to everyone on this forum. The repercussions of our actions towards the church is A LOT! People are watching... Shocked And what we say/ do can have a big ripple effect.

" 3 We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. 4 And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. 5 In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches."
I like these analogies. Controlling our tongues are something i think we can all work on because we are all leaders. as it says, IF we could control our tongues, we would be perfect. But we cant, and we should always strive to control it.

" 9 Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. "
I like this verse also, because it compares two things from the same thing. It doesnt make sense for me to praise God on sunday and say the f word to someone that evening... cause since everyman is made of Gods image, its like swearing at God.

This chapter was a good wake up reminder...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 pm

hey

james 3

I agree with you e-sak
I was suprised when it said that " If we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also contol ourselves
in every other way."
Obviousily no one is perfect but I think that if we control our mouth at church and at home we can
all try to become perfect
hehe
cheers
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Lol, I was studying so much today and Stressed, and I come into the forum I see the picture, lol that made my day...is it just me or does my guitar look small, dang it guys it;s cause of the small jokes, it's screwing with my mind LOL

Wow, today's chapter was straight to the point. It really mentioning the fact that we, I mean everyone sometimes praise God, and in that same place where the praise is coming, evil comes out to. I guess our tongue is like a double edged sword, but like anything it can be used correctly (pathetic attempt at a analogy), we just need to train to hold out tongues sometimes. Hmm I guess we all fall short sometimes, but that doesn't mean you should continue doing it.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:55 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAH ALAN AHAHAHAHHA
mine is the biggest... obviously
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:09 am

ahaha
my nose is niagara falls man. i caught a cold and it's like game over.
and i'm practcing the G1 test online, this pakistanii one, and it's helping me!

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you.
what a lie, words do hurt man. When you say negative things, or things that are opposed in God's eyes, that is bringing hell to earth. The moment we make ufn of someone and they are hurt, we are bringing hell into their life. Verbal communication can be a way of murder spiritually, so let's be careful of what we say and how we say it. Our praise team tends to joke alot, but we need to know our limits and always encrouage one another under every circumstance.!
Ye ye, lets kick some Leadership butt.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 am

James 2

Actions speak louder than words
no...
Actions speak alongside words.
That's what I learned from the last part of this Chapter.
From the first part of this Chapter, I learned about prejudices and why it's bad.
Pretty basic stuff, I mean, to expand on this idea I guess you can and you should never judge a book by its cover. Also, i won't let prejudices guide my actions; that is to say I'll treat everyone equally (except some with more love, ie PT and LT =])

James 3

"you will be judged more strictly"
I learned from this, how if you're in a position or authority or leadership, then people will look to your actions and judge them more strictly. I believe that is why James says only a handful of people should become teachers in a church; quality over quantity.
He goes onto say that the tongue is the most beastly... beast, because it is extremely hard to tame, and it can do a lot of harm if uncontrolled.
I learned from this to, not necessarily watch for what I'm saying and speak really slowly and carefully, but to rid myself of bad thoughts in general so I don't speak them through my tongue; taming the beast from the inside.

Can't wait for bowling =D
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 am

hey guys this is gt dragon jr. sorry i havent been doing my devos lately, i guess its more of a habit not to do them to do them.

Haha I found this first verse kind of related to me, for me one of my big problems are controlling the words that come out of my mouth, isnt it so much easier to swear at your misfortune then forget about it. Its easier to fall into sin rather then stay away from it. I also thought how we swear and curse and put others down, while we praise GOD. I feel like im such a hypocrite for acting like that, and i want to learn to control my tongue.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:17 am

SEAN YOU ARE NOT GT DRAGON JR....
Isaac
Isaac