Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James 2 Sept 30

+2
Pa Ta Rick
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

James 2 Sept 30 Empty James 2 Sept 30

Post  Kevin Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 am

QK

If you look at that sideways, it's a ninja.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

James 2 Sept 30 Empty Re: James 2 Sept 30

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:25 pm

hahaha i see it
if you look at this regularly it looks like a person on its knees
OTL
Anyways James chapter 2 it is telling us to not show favouritism and do not discrimiate. It gives an example about oe man coming with a gold ring and fine clothes and another man who is poor and wearing shaggy clothes. We should treat both of them equally and not only treat the rich man with goods.
A verse that stood out to me was Verse 8 "If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, Love you neighbor as yourself", you are doing right. Not to sure what this means but im guessing that if we really keep the commandments found in the Bible, we should love our neighbors as yourselves than we are doing the right thing? Not to clear about that...

WOOT Friday Very Happy
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:24 am

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.
I've been feeling a little... under the weather the past few days.
I'll post tomorrow instead.
bye see you guys tomorrow
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:34 am

14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing,

16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?

This chapter spoke a ton about faith and it's true. Faith is usually one of my favourite topics to dive into scripture. Without actions, how meaningless is our faith? Our faith is demonstrated by the way we live, and if we don't set that example, especially we as leaders of the ministry, what good is our faith?

Yeah that's what I got.
night see you tomrorow team
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:49 am

Hye guys. I'm sleeping over at kevins house and I'm really tired haha
I read the chapter but I can't think Razz ill post tomorrow.!
Keep up with your devos guys
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:50 am

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was sick still and passed out after 5 and woke up late for school... Got back home not that long ago...

11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

One thing that we do is judge and it's close to impossible to judge. We may not say it out loud but to think low on somebody cuz they are different or just looking at people differently for what they did wrong is still a sin. And we might look at somebody differently because they cheated or even killed someone, it's still a sin. It's stated in here that Sin is a Sin. Even if we told a small lie, we are all the same as the cheaters or murderers... This is one thing that I find difficult, not to judge people...

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead

I love the fact that it's say You believe that there is one God, So does the demons. It's actually interesting. Some people may know the Bible inside out, there are people who can actually recite the whole entire bible, but the demons know the bible better than all of us put together, that doesn't mean the demons are righteous or Good. We need to not only believe but need to take action on them. It's still very hard. The only reason why we sin a lot is that sin is fun and easy, Nobody said that being good is easy, it's damn right hard to be righteous, and we may not even know how to be righteous, we even sin without noticing...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:20 am

gonna be late for pratice today '\
gonna come at llike around 10 40ish?
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

James 2 Sept 30 Empty James 2

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:25 pm

I think that the Begining of James 2 is all about equality between the rich and poor. both should be treated the same. I think verse 3-5 mainly summarises everything from verse 1-14: "If you give special attention and a good seat to the rich person, but you say to the poor one, 'You can stand over there or else sit on the floor' -well doesn't this discrimination show that your judgments are guided by evil motives?"
It also says somewhere that a person that breaks one law is no different from the ones who have comitted many more because that is still sin in God's eyes. It also said in verse 13-14, "There will be no mercy to others . But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you." So we must follow God's word or else we're only fooling ourselves. I also learned from this passage that if we do not control our tounge, we can not claim to be religious. We have to serve others because is says in verse 17: "so you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless."
This passage also explained that we need more action than words because actions speak louder than words.

That's what I've got for today guys! See you this saturday!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down