Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO' 'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX'

+2
Isaac
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO'  'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX' Empty ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO' 'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX'

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:17 pm

haha so i totally set the alarm to wake up at 8:30 so i can get my hwk done..
and that definetly didnt happen so.. all nighter anyone? Smile

so this chapter totally leaves you hanging, eh?
"Then he brought Paul and had him stand before them"
THE END. DUM DUM DUM DUMMMM

haha so basically Paul tells the story of how he came to know Jesus - and even though we knew it before, it was nice to read and be reminded that Paul - was actually a HUGE PERSECUTOR of christians.. weird, i think i kinda forgot about taht since we've been reading about how much faith and courage he had.. haha but this reminds us that no one has too hard of a heart to change, no one is unable to be touched by God- if Paul, the one who was sending allt he Chrsitiasn to jail and death becomes so sure in his faith that he IS the one being put in jail and tried numerous, times.. then that just shows the power of the Holy Spirit to transform hearts.
haha and yet again, Paul gets arrested, but then the Romans figure out that he's a Roman citizen so they cant arrest him without a charge.. haha wow racist much?
and then the crazy suspensful ending.. so i guess we'l find out what happens TO-MORROWWWWWWW 'nae-il' 'demain'...
haha im really having fiun with this language thing Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO'  'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX' Empty Re: ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO' 'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX'

Post  Isaac Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:57 am

hey guys i did my devo yesterday but the website didnt work for me.

i was thinking, Paul could have, at any time, said he was roman and it would have been easier. But he didnt.
didnt get much from this chapter. But it was cool reading about when Jesus came to Paul.

Cya guys tomorrow! for those who are playing, good luck!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO'  'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX' Empty Re: ACTS 22 - 'TWENTY TWO' 'EEEESHEEP EEE' 'VINGHT DEUX'

Post  JacobPk Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:28 am

yo isaac, close to 200 posts. ahaha

to be honest, i didn't get much from this chapter. Paul just summarizes how he met Christ, but i would like to emphasize the point that he told everyone about it. Think about it, for an example, lets say" you're a kid at school who does drugs, drinks, have mad sex all the time, and just do everything carefree without control. But then one day Christ comes in your life, how can you go to the friends that you did all these nad things with and explain to them, i'm saved cause of Christ so i want to stop. You're thinking that your friends won't accept you and htink you're really wierd and retarded but its true. It's a frightening thing to lose friends, but thats temporary, think outside the borders of the box.

Ciao
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm

It was interesting to read Paul's testimony and how he heard God's voice. From that moment, Paul never stopped following God, and it was amazing to see that Paul was willing to die under the hands of the Jews because he wasn't afraid of anything.

Other than that, I didn't get a lot from this chapter.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 am

I think Paul isn't afraid to die because when he does, he will be able to meet God in Heaven.
I guess I learned death is something feared only by the ones who did wrong; i mean this is very general and there are MANY exceptions, but it's one aspect to look at why people fear death so much I guess
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:30 am

Acts 22

Paul's testimony is so powerful, as he demonstrates in this chapter. And what I really admire about him is, for some, it's very possible that they could be too shameful about their sinful pasts to talk about them openly with others. But it's like Paul recognizes the magnitude of his testimony and is more than willing to express it others, with the hopes that through it, they might be able to see Christ's love and mercy.

And dang, it felt good to read this:
29Those who were about to question him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realized that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains.
When the people are shown up. Kind of sad though, how his citizenship made all the difference of his freedom.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down