Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 2 yaudguyabf fv

+2
Isaac
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

Acts 2 yaudguyabf fv Empty Acts 2 yaudguyabf fv

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Yo, another new week starting. Basketball with KM, aha pretty serious and frustrating right Isaac? Wink

Anyway this chapter inspired me to be more courageous, and to stand up for Jesus. Peter who was the more cowardly one of the disciples was able to lead the disciples and speak with confidence. The disciples recieved this Holy Spirit and tongues of flames and were able to speak into so many others and many were saved. If Jesus lives in us, shouldn't we have the same power? Why are we always afraid? Personally, i love to imagine and not be realistic, but at the same time what is reality? I imagined one time, spreading the gospel like some dsiciples, BUT nwo i realize i can MAKE that reality, just having God by my side. There was a verse that always inspired me to be courageous "IF GOd is with us, Who can be against us?"
Just reading thi chapter motivates me to not only SERVE within our church, but outside with the same love and passion.

HAve a good week!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 2 yaudguyabf fv Empty Re: Acts 2 yaudguyabf fv

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:51 am

Forget FOBS... They should learn to play ball and not foul, or accept fouls from us (which we never really did)

What a blessings tongue is. I wonder if anyone of us have it :O That would be hard core prayer nights.

Like Jacob said, Peter stood up and backed up his multilingual buds. Before I never spoke up when people either bad mouthed Christianity or talked about it, but now i speak up more often because its nothing to be ashamed of. If anything its something to be proud of.

Good game today guys! Jacob next time we ll actually try and tie our shoes :p

Have a good week! (P.S Im going to call all of the non-devo people tomorrow. Please do them. I notice that usually all of you are on (i always check to see whos online with me while i write/read devos) but some of you dont do your devos. JUST DO THEM!!! Dont waste my minutes/ texts. Im going to be moma-pissed)

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:57 am

WUZZZUPPPP
ohmygosh since i did nothing on saturday today SUCKSSSS
but hello, all Smile
did you guys win the game? MAKE ME PROUD, EM BOYS
lol anyways i definetly agree with both Jacob and Isaac..
I was reading that a fire came down to them and they all started talking in different languages, and that everyone understood them in their own language. It kinda made me see tongues iin a way id never seen it before. I always sorta thought SICKKKKK TALKING IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
but i never really considered why before.. I think that this gift exists in order to unite all people. Each of the gifts have a specific purpose - to serve, to teach, to shepherd, etc. God divided nations and languages at the Tower of Babel becuase of human sin. But I think this is a way for us to undo that - to reunify us despite language barriers. It shows us that we have the power to communicate, despite the fact that we may not have learned these languages. And we see in this chapter that through this miracle, many people were unified and came to know Jesus Christ.
ohh man
i really hope one of us has it Smile
ohh we will see, my friends. one day.

haha but anyways back to the chapter as a whole. Peter definetly stepped it up here. Before he was the one that was all "I dont know this Jesus dude".. But now he's really standing up for God. Props, Peter. Props.
I think it gets really hard to stand up for God, no matter how much we think that we could do it. And sometimes, like Peter, it makes mistakes to teach us how..
Have a fantastic week, sirs and ladies Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 am

ACTS 2

What an intense passage. It would be so awesome if everyone spoke in tongues one day.. I never understood what "speaking in tongues" meant, but I guess it's an actual language between someone and God that other people might be able to understand.

When Peter gave advice to the people of Israel to repent to God, I was amazed by how "all the believers were together and had everything in common" (v.44). I thought about how everyone could be "in common", and decided that we're all similar in that we love God. When we love God, we want to be more like Him, and become more like each other (if that makes sense).

Have an awesome week mates!
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:25 am

I wish I could live like the people in the last paragraph of this Chapter...
Just giving and sharing, eating every meal with people you know, helping the needy.
I want a world that is so equal that the word "equal" itself will be eradicated.
But obviously since it's too late for that, I took away from this Chapter that knowing the bliss of the love of God is in giving up all your wordly possessions, going against all the ideals of the society and of this world, and just living together in harmony with everybody.
Obviously since this is also not possible, I ultimately (this is slowly becoming my favourite word) learned that I should balance out everything. To show the love of God but to also cope with the society I'm living in. If I'm going against the society's ideals then I'll just be a crazy outsider with no influence what so ever. But if I use the society to encourage others to worship God, then it will be good.
Onto the next devo~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:30 am

Acts 2

I like a lot about this chapter. So I think I'm just gonna go about listing them...Haha.

"The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost": The tongues? Ridiculous! Could you just imagine then, the crazy potency of the Holy Spirit's power?
"Peter Addresses The Crowd": Peter describes what was spoken by the Prophet Joel, and it's a description of people seeing visions, people prophesying, the sun turning to darkness...in the last days before the coming of the Lord. Seeing as how that hasn't happened just yet, I couldn't help but be perplexed at the thought of these radical events taking place in the more contemporary times...They're all things you unconsciously establish are "only possible in Bible stories". Anyways, this freaked me out a little and excited me some more.
"The Fellowship of the Believers": I think this is amazing. It was a little sad because I'll admit, I had a hard time believing something like that could ever happen in our times. But you know, I think we can do that in other ways. It can start with emotionally-providing for those in need of a listening ear, sharing our talents and resources, etc. All of this within our ministry, perhaps. And going out and reaching out to our community and world with other selfless acts, through offering our time, collective efforts for issues that need addressing, etc. Blah.
"All the believers were together and had everything in common.." - Reminded me of how unlike this we are in today's day and age. There's clear segregation between different denominations derived from Christianity, and unfortunately enough, I thought most about our own church building, where there are so many churches and ministries going on at the same time, and I can't say that as collective believers, we're "together" at all. Hm...

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down