Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 49!

+3
JacobPk
Steven.Hong
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Genesis 49! Empty Genesis 49!

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Almost done !
In this chapter we see Jacob talking to his sons who are the twelve tribes of Israel. Half the things Jacob is saying to his children seem kinda mean. I didnt get much from this chapter, let alone this entire book. Mainly because i dont think i fully understand the context or see the "big picture".

Have a good wed-nes-day! Ill see you all this Friday. Im pumped for this week, although i have a huge math test coming up and ill have to study all day today and tomorrow at the library Sad
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 49! Empty Re: Genesis 49!

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:53 pm

hey guys how was tuesday
pretty cold today ehh

In this chapter, Jacob gathered his sons and talked for along times. I thought that Jacob was pretty
much comparing his sons to animals. affraid
Pretty funny but not really...
So Jacob pretty much made fun of his kids
very mean

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 am

haha I did a windmill!!! yah,, but i got lucky aha.

ARe blessings ALWAYS good? I mean Jacob was blessing his sons, but halfway throughit it seems like he's alwso taking away something.
haha ring any bells? "You give and take away" I believe that when God takes away something, it can be a blessing. I think we need to always have a positive attitude and know that in the end, God will provide. WHere are times where God has taken away something from us, but only to find out that it helped us in a way? A blessing i think is what God gives but also takes away.

See ya soon. I'm excited for Friday.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:40 am

First workout in a full week and I'm sore everywhere.. ughh
I had my english seminar today, and one girl in my group spoke for like... 15 minutes when she was only supposed to use 5. That was frustrating....

Genesis 49

I didn't see a particularly interesting part in this chapter. I did notice that Jacob had a peaceful death; he spoke his last words to his children, gave instructions to them, and then breathed his last. I remember, in grade 7 or 8, I had this emo/depression phase where I was so scared to die and didn't see the point in my life. It was so extreme to the point that I bawled my eyes out everyday for... about a week. What bothered me the most was that I wasn't sure if I would recognize people I knew in this life; I wondered if I would remember anything that happened before my death.

When I spoke to my mom about it, she told me that she wasn't afraid of death because she knew that she would be going to heaven- the better place, and I just thought she was trying to make me feel better. Now, I am less scared of dying, and reading this chapter reminded me of that phase in grade 8.

-D

Last edited by dennis on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:26 am

GENESIS 49

This chapter was interesting. I can't say I drew away too much from it, but just the practice of Israel distributing his specific blessings to each of his sons before he died was pretty neat to me. And it also occurred to me that the people of those days must have been aurally smarter than us two-fold, because the man's talking in metaphors and I'm assuming they're all grasping what he means. Anyways, I guess the one parallel I could make was how Jacob knows each of his 12 sons in and out, that he calls them out on their wrongdoings and thus endows "just" punishments, and "just" rewards for what was righteous in them, and just how specific he gets with each child..it kind of reminded me of how God knows the inner depths of each and every one of us and the blessings that He gives us..not to say that He gives out blessings according to how good we've been, etc. because He shows mercy in His love, but that He's just in what He does? Gives? This is one of those - "I have it in my head but it's a disaster on paper". Hahaha. Anyways, that is all.

Have a great Wed-nes-day, everyone!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:47 am

Wow, finally caught up.
So tired from playing basketball and not eating dinner, gonna pass out lol

I learned from this personally that I match up with a certain person described in the Chapter.
Can you guys guess who? Probably not, it's someone obscure =]
But I think that these twelve people describe most personality types in the world...
Maybe it's just me, could you guys relate to someone specifically described in this Chapter?
Anyways, finally caught up
I suck with commitments lol
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:05 am

Speaking of basketball mike... who owes us melona? oh ya Rohan Park does.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:15 am

I HATE THE YRT
MY TOES ARE LUCKY TO STILL BE WITH ME TODAY
grrrrrrr today was so cold, i like.. couldnt handle it Smile
but anyhooo
i didn't really draw much from this chapter.. it was intersting to see that this was the formation of the 12 tribes of israel.. who later on fight and separate i think, into the north and the south? and also i noticed that jacob sorta.. harshly criticized some of his sons and pointed outtheir flaws.. and this shows me that sometimes, you have to confromt people about their sins out of love.. becuase if you just let them keep doing what they're doing.. then thats not trying to help them at all
but yup
have a great wednesday you guys
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down