Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 37

4 posters

Go down

Genesis 37 Empty Genesis 37

Post  dennis Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 am

I just watched so many hours of tv, and my head is spinning... ughh

Genesis 37.

JEALOUSY. JEALOUSY. JEALOUSY.
It's pretty clear that Joseph's brothers were so jealous of him that they ended up selling him, and lying to Jacob that Joseph had been killed by an animal. At first, I put all the blame on the brothers and didn't understand why they would be so inhumane to abandon their youngest brother. Then, I realized that jealousy is what all of us experience daily, and it could have been fuelled by Joseph. When Joseph talks about his dreams, he might've been boasting a little since he knew that he was Jacob's favorite. I'm not entirely sure if Joseph was boasting, but I'm trying to understand the brothers' motives.

I learned from this passage to be humble and selfless. It's so easy to be big-headed when people compliment us on something, that we forget to care about other people. I'm not saying that Joseph did this, but I do think that many of us face this problem. So, when someone (like Joseph) is doing well, I hope that we can fully support him or her, and also remember to be selfless when we are doing well.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 37 Empty Re: Genesis 37

Post  JacobPk Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 am

Tomorrow. dun dun dun!
Can't wait ahahah

JEalousy Jealousy Jealousy. Pretty intense, and it's not even one guy whos jealous there are about 10 others who are. I wonder what Joseph was thinking through this time, everything was going so well for him and then boom a crash! However, Joseph did have dreams about things bwoing to him, later we find out that the brothers do bow down to him. This reminds me to think deeply about fate and freewill. ITs a question thats too hard to be answered or explain. If God knows where we are going to be at the end,,, is there really a point of freewill? Just a question to think about.
God had already made plans for us, and it is our job to accept it or not. We have a calling, now will we choose to listen? God already made plans for Joseph and in the end God ended up showing what he was going to show. In the same way, we have a purpose, to live FOR God.
Anway that question i mentioned earlier about fate,, think about it aha
I talked to this white girl today about religion and we ahd a really good talk, i'll let you know what happens to her, she's not christian but she's seeking answers ahah.

Ciao!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:37 am

BEEF BEEF BEEF MAN
haha
this story reminds me of that song
JACOB AND HIS TECHNICOLOURED DREAM COAT... LA LA LA .. AND RED AND ORANGE AND PINK AND PURPLE AND BLUE AND GREEN AND VIOLET... and etc.
haha anyways i see this story from both perspectives
i think Jacob was being kind of full of himself when he went around bragging that everyone weas going to bow down to him. Way to be humble, man. And I think he payed the consequences by being sold to slaves (but we know that later he gets rewarded so i guess its kidna strange)
But the brothers TOTALLY OVERREACTED. you dont plan on killing your own brother, nor do you sell him as a slave. thats. just not the way to be. This shows us how much jealousy can take over our lives. Jacob was blessed with a technicolour dream coat. And even though in the 21st century we're not exactly jealous of people with technicoloured dream coats, but we are often jealous of the blessings that other people have that we don't. Sometimes we let this desire take over and make us commit sins (even though they may not bea as extreme as selling your own brother). But I think this just brings us back to the story of King Nepheza... dsfsafefaasdfwe. i dont remmeber his name. But he was that king that was rich and had everything in the world but his life still sucked because he didnt receive fulfillment from them. So i guess we need to rememebr that jealousy is pretty stupid, since we're always gonna be jealous cause there's always gonna be someone with more or someone whos better at us at something than us.
Lets humble ourselves and remind us that it is not in these things we receive fulfilmment from, but from God alone Smile
have a good friday
I cant make it to practice becuase I have a debate tourney on saturday and i have a very crucial cram-for-debate-meeting with my fellow dorkus debate team
So sorry about that but have a blast, I'll be there in. um spirit?
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:04 am

genesis 37

l-o-v-e joseph. go, go, go joseph, you know what they say, hang on now joseph, you'll make it someday Smile
what stuck out to me from this passage was the way everyone reacted to joseph's dreams. they didn't believe him at all, and cast them off as silliness and i wonder if i'd ever do the same. i mean, God has different callings for each individual, and some He calls to do great and powerful things. if ever i come into contact with someone like that, will i cast their visions off as silliness or do what i can to help them, for the greater good of God's kingdom? i bet it kinda must have been similar for Jesus...having no one believe he was the Son of God. and i've thought about that too before, and if someone were to claim they were the Son of God, i'm unfortunately not entirely sure i'd believe them either. anyways, i guess this passage just challenged me to be more faithful and recognize God's way of having visions and plans for each and every one of us, which He reveals to each and every one of us in different ways (dreams, visions, people we meet, etc.)
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down