Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 46

+2
Isaac
dennis
6 posters

Go down

Genesis 46 Empty Genesis 46

Post  dennis Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:46 pm

To be honest, I didn't get much out of this chapter because half of it consisted of names. But, I did find Jacob's unfailing devotion to God very inspiring. Whenever God called him, he replied, "Here I am", ready to obey God and all of his commands.

Sometimes, when I read these passages, I ask myself if I could be as faithful as these people were. On the one hand, God can ask us to do little things that we can easily accomplish, and, in the other hand, God might give us a difficult and uncomfortable task. The question is, will we be ready to get up and take on that task/mission? By praying, reading the Bible, and praising, I hope that, one day, we'll all become like Jacob who never hesitated before saying "yes" to God.

I'm excited for tomorrow. Smile
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 46 Empty Re: Genesis 46

Post  Isaac Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:35 pm

I hate rain... so much. with a passion....worked all day with wet feet Sad

One part stood out to me. When God says "I will go down to Egypt with you,...". It makes me think about how God is always with us. And its also good to acknowledge that he is with us, and not just assume he is, and thank him for that.

Ill see you guys next Friday!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Yoo.

So i didn't get much fomr this chapter. But on the lines of what Denise said. Without hesistation, are we willing ot just GO when God tells us to, or will we have other things to do before like ' friends, school family?' When God says Go, it meas... Go... NOW! SO lets do this on the account of God and GO now Smile

Ciao
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:13 am

Lots of names, eh
hahah
I totaly agree with Jacob and Denise
when i read the chapter the only part that really got to me was "here I am"
This is a patten that we see throughout the bible, a lot of willing servants of God reply with those words
And even though it might not seem like a big deal, it really demonstrates their willing and serving hearts.
Now the question is, how willling are we to answer to God' call?
Even though not many of us have phsyically seen or heard God, he still communicates with us, and it's still very important for us to recognize it and follow what he desires for our lives Smile
see you all tmrw, lovely people.
i watched 5 hours of 24 today and IT IS AMAZING
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:13 am

cathy, get a life :p 24 sucks by the way
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:18 am

Genesis 46

I didn't gather too, too much from this chapter...
Except for the fact that beyond all those names, it was indicative of the fact that SEVENTY people picked up their things and left their homes, based upon a faith in God. I think that took faith not only on Jacob's part, but on every one of those people that agreed to it, because they didn't get a chance to first-hand experience God's voice telling them He'd go down with them, He'd take care of them, etc. like Jacob did. And yet they followed. Things like this constantly challenge me to consider the condition of my faith.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:21 am

I didn't gather much from this Chapter, but I hear what you guys are all saying and I'm learning more from you guys!
Sick.
From Jacob and HAnnah I learned about serving God and not being in doubt.
And from Isaac and Cathy I learned again that God is always with us, we just have to Know it.
Onto next devo~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down