Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 21

+2
Michael Ha
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Genesis 21 Empty Genesis 21

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Hey guys!
I hope you guys a good day. It was colddddd today.

I m not getting the old testament as much as the new testament. Its really weird some of these stories. Some at first dont seem like it means anything. Like does it matter why there was a treaty? I dont know, maybe someone else can clarify this chapter.
And why is Sarah so mean to the maidservant? Shouldn't she be nice to everyone?
Anywho have a good wed-nes-day!
see you all Friday? no saturday? Roh can you tell us whats going on?

E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 21 Empty Re: Genesis 21

Post  Michael Ha Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Today was a memorable day in my life...
Our math class got our test back today, and guess what the class average was?
If you guess 80, that's wrong,
If you guessed 70, you're getting closer
If you guessed 60, you've gotten a lot closer
If you guessed 50, you've gotten really hot
and if you guessed 49, you've gotten the right answer
Ya.. it was that hard... actually it was kind of a balance between a bad teacher and IB level test... but ya..
I got like 46% ASLDJF WTSDALJF first time ever failing for real like a white man (lol jks, I love white people {hot chicks})
But.. thanks to banding, it translates into 78%, so I'm safe... whew..
Anyways...

So, I learned from this Chapter that if you think someone - or his/her subordinates or anyone s/he might be related to - did a wrong thing, you should confront them and ask them before making a judgment on them based on their actions (hypothesized) or his/her subordinate/related people's actions (also hypothesized). Also, after asking, if the person says s/he has not done it, then you should believe their words and try to make peace with them. I thought this was logical because you just accused someone of doing you wrong, so if you don't make it up in the end after finding out they didn't do it, then you're just a big douche bag.
Yep...
G'night guys!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:33 am

I went for a blood test this morning and for the first time ever, it BRUISED overrrr Sad So it aches a little and I look like a substance abuser.

First snowfall of the year. In October. Seems a little bit off to anyone? I mean, I'm thrilled at the idea of getting to pull out my hats and mitts out soon but snow also means socks.. Hahaha, anyways.

GENESIS 21

I agreed with a lot of people when they said that a lot of the Old Testament seems a little unnecessary, where stories of no real significance/substance were included in and amongst all the chapters, stories were apparent wisdom couldn't be extracted from them, etc. But throughout the last couple weeks, I've come to begin to appreciate these bits. I feel like when the Old Testament was put together, it could very well have been just a recollection of God's miraculous works, but 'trivial' things like, what Hagar's son went on to do in his life, allows us a better historical context as we're reading and for me, makes everything all the more "real". God doesn't simply pour His miraculous blessings upon people or give great commands or make grand covenants, and that's the end of that. These were real moments in history and for me, the 'unrelated, 'follow-up' stories help me to appreciate the Bible for more than just a religious text with wise teachings for all who believe but also as a kinddd of historical reference, as well. Yup.

23. Show to me and the country where you are living as an alien the same kindness I have shown to you.
This was the only other bit that stood out to me from today's readings. This is what Abimelech says to Abraham about living in his country and it kinda struck me that this could be a challenge for each and every one of us as well. As believers of Christ, we could all attest that the kindness that God, the creator of the earth, has shown us through the course of our lives and will continue to show is incomparable and immeasurable. Philippians 3:20 says that our citizenship is in Heaven, and in that regard, we could consider ourselves as living as aliens in this once pure world of God's. Can we take Abimelech's request and apply it to our own lives as citizens of God here on this earth? Can we challenge ourselves to show the same kindness that God has shown to us in this dark and sinful time? Can we...take from God's examples and really act upon our beliefs, I suppose. This is making a lot more sense in the head but reading what I just wrote, I've realized that it's scatter-brained and all over the place. Hmm. My apologies, maybe I'll try tackling the explanation again later.

Happy Wednesdays!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 am

michael, what is this banding thing you speak of and can it save my deteriorating chemistry mark?
also, my apologies for missing devos for the past few days, chemistry knocked on my door and started cutting off my limbs little by little Razz

haha so Genesis 21:
I agree with Isaac, I get really confused reading the Old testament... A lot of the times there's a lot of unholy stuff that goes down, and its like. 'BUT THIS IS THE BIBLE!' lol
But in this chapter, Hagar and her son get kicked out cause Sarah felt threatened by them, and they ran out of water and Hagar's son was crying. But then God spoke to her, saying that he will make her son the father of a nation. Which is pretty cool, if you ask me.
19 "Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink. "
When it says that God opened her eyes and she saw a well fo water, it reminded me of how blind we can be. We need God to open our eyes and our hearts to really see and understand ourselves, God and the world better. But when we choose to ignore or push away God when he tries to do this, we kind of get stuck in our own, inaccurate world and we suffer becuae of this, since we dont' see the gifts or callings that God gives us. But we can ask God to open our eyes and give us more insight; that we may try to be much more wiser than we are now Smile

-Cathy
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Genesis 21 Empty asdasdasd

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Ok, so this day, i waled to the bus station from band practice. FRIGGIN BLIZZARD, and SO COLD. it was so warm last week what the heck. I don't care if i complain, i'm not ready for this weather change aha. but it was nice.

So my baby Isaac was born. It said the Lord was gracious, and so am i Laughing
anyway, yah, Sarah is acting like a pen15. She bore a son, and then tells Abraham to ditch Hagar?
I would live to bring out 3 words that caught me for some reason. "God has brought..."
I think we all need to be constantly reminded of this, even though it's kind of obvious. Usually it's all about you you you/ ME ME ME. But i liek to say whenevr i DO something, God has a partake in it, actually God IS all of it. SO whenevr we do something i want us to say" God is working so that i am ABLE to do it." Mind set Smile

Also God doesn't abandon, he loves us all equally, no greater no less. God account for each and every one of us, and he is always there for us. This reminds me of the parable when Jesus was talking about going to find that one sheep that is lost. Like this, althought Harag fled, the Lord took care of her and protected her always.

On to the next one!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Argh. I posted something and it disappeared...

Anyway, after having read your devos, I don't have anything more to say. So, Roh told me that I could write about anything that I wanted, and I wanted to take the time to talk about........... you guys! Some cheesey stuff about to come, so brace yourselves. hehe

Grade 12 is definitely stressful because everyone talks about university at least 5 times a day. So, the weekdays are not the highlights of the week for me. Actually, the weekend is. On thursdays, I look forward to Fridays because we get to practice together; on Friday's, I look forward to Saturday because we study altogether, and, on Saturday, I'm anxious for Sunday so that we can praise together and eat lunch afterrr. Even though some people at my school joke around about how my weekend is just filled with church people, I am sooo happy that I get to spend it with every one of you!! I seriously consider you guys as my bros and sis's, and I'm so glad that we've become a tight-knit famjam.

You guys are the best. Hope you didn't barf.
Embarassed
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down