Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENESIS 5-0

5 posters

Go down

GENESIS 5-0 Empty GENESIS 5-0

Post  hannahlee Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Can I just say WOW? Whoowhoo, it is d-u-n, done! All 50 chapters and it feels like just yesterday that we started this book. In light of that, just before I do my devos for today, I wanna express how proud and happy I am for our team. HOLLAAA. Typically when I go into this kind of thought-spillage, I unconsciously take on a bit of a kid-with-tape-on-their-glasses persona, so brace yourself. Hahaha.
Back when we first started this quiet-time/daily devotional endeavour together, I don't know what was running through your minds but for me, while I was ridiculously excited, there was admittedly a small part of my mind that kept thinking "I realllyyyy hope we can make this work", especially as we got into the new school year, etc. And to my joy, we've definitely made it happen. We shouldn't undermine the commitment that it is, to not only intentionally make this time for yourself and God every day, but to come back and be willing to share it with each other, typically take the time to read what others have been learning, and being up to the challenge of keeping one another accountable. I love where I think it's taken all of us together as a team, together spiritually, and together as a family. It's awesome that you're all a part of my life not just on Fridays and Sundays, but every day of the week. Every day I look forward to reading what everyone's been up to, funny avatar changes, random funny links, and what we've all been learning. This whole process has been soo good for me and hopefully for all of you too.
Anyways, I guess I say this for a number of reasons, first because it's just something really exciting that's on my heart, secondly to get us all thinking about how far we've come and recognize that God's been awesome in helping the growth of this team, and thirdly to recognize that it can just keep getting better from here. School work might begin to pile up, trying to find the right time to do this every day might seem difficult, but let's just remember how good this has been for us and that this is a team/family effort that is worth every bit and just keep trekking from there!! Smile GO TEAM!

So that is that. I hope some of you guys find the will to read through that scary jumble of words. Hahaha.

GENESIS 50

From verse 15 onwards, what I found interesting was that upon Israel's death, the brothers immediately began to freak out about whether Joseph would then begin to take out his hatred on them for what they did to him - despite the fact that Joseph had been pretty indicative of his thoughts about those events from the past through his kind actions to them. He'd been showering his brothers with only the best and I recall him even telling them at one point, that it was okay. That while what they did wasn't right, God used it to guide Joseph in a better direction. But Joseph finds that he needs to reiterate himself here. His 12 brothers threw themselves before him and said that they were his slaves. Now to a man who had already forgiven the actions of his brothers, how heartbreaking must this have been for Joseph to witness? I thought about it, and to a humble, honest man like him, I don't think for a second that he was thinking, "this is what they and I deserve". No, it must've troubled him that his brothers were so afraid of him and so willing to put themselves beneath him. Verse 17: "Joseph wept." And so Joseph goes on to reassure them that the past is done and that he'd commit to providing for them, which is sooo admirable on Joseph's part.
This chapter got me thinking about two things:
1. Are we kind of like the brothers sometimes, when we face God with our sins? I feel like I could relate to those brothers, being showered with blessings and being told that I have been forgiven. And yet, sometimes that kind of mercy baffles us and we have a hard time believing it's true. In this situation, this disbelief lent itself to Joseph's sadness and I wonder if our lack of faith in that domain makes our God sad sometimes, as well. So, what do I do from here? I'm going to challenge myself to recognize the merciful ways of God and truly be convicted and believe when He says that He makes our slates clean, and hopefully walk out not wallowing in doubt about whether or not I've been forgiven, but rather take those energies to better serve Him.
2. Joseph's an amazing role model in this situation. In the kind of mercy that he shows, he not only forgives his brothers, but he goes ahead and SERVES them when one would think it "should" obviously be the other way around. So in the context of my life, when faced with the decision to forgive someone, can I take on that approach, where I follow after Joseph and Jesus and not only forgive them but go the extra mile and give my best to them afterwards? This is a tough challenge, but I wanna give it a shottt.

ALMOST FRIDAY.

PS. 007 on Saturday???

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

GENESIS 5-0 Empty Re: GENESIS 5-0

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:45 pm

ahaha dittto.

i'm up for 007.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 am

Hello ladies and gents!

I was thinking over this situation, and i asked myself if i ever have lied to someone to cover my bum. And i do... a LOT at WORK. when my boss talks to me about performance or overall lack of stuff done (not me specifically but the team) i instantly blame someone else. Although Mike and I always blame each other during work for fun, there are times where i blame "sunday" people or others indirectly for MY lack of work. Ill try to work on it : )

Im proud of you guys, im sure we all are Very Happy. This is a huge book, and we finished it!

Ciao!
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:51 am

This Chapter just got rocked by Hannah lol

LOL Jacob, "ditto"

ye ye ye, Genesis [x]

I learned basically everything Hannah covered, and umm... I don't have much else to say cuz Hannah said it all.
and uhh... ditto

ye,
see you guys on Friday!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:03 am

hahhaha you guys crack me up
ps i am SO PUMPED FOR FRIDAY!

Now, Jacob was scared that becuase his father had died that his brothers would still try tohave revenge against him. But instead, they learned the wrongs of their ways from their father and they not only apologized, but they offered to be Jacob's servants. It takes BALLS to do that man. It's humility and admitting you're wrong.. to the max
So the brothers were humbled in the recognition of their own sin and their mistakes. But i love the way Jacob responds
"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. "
Jacob realizes taht yeah, he got really screwed over by h is brothers.. But it was all inGod's plan - that becuase of this betrayal and unfortunate series of events, taht he was able to help so many people. And through this, jacob finds happiness. Instead of wallowing and self-pity and anger, he was able to see the positive - something that the modern-day pessmists need to learn how to do Smile
God does everything for a reason - remember purpose driven life anyone? "CHAPTER 1: YOU ARE NOT AN ACCIDENT" hahah good stuff
But yeahh lets all try to look at our lives and our everyday happenings with a bigger perspective. We might not see it now, but we'lll see later why God sometimes made us feel like crap.
Smile

It's snowing and it is GORGEOUS! i sorta wanna run out and prance around in the fields. But i feel like i would get pneumonia, then get shot. So, um no.
But its good to dream Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down