Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First one First one?

+3
Michael Ha
Isaac
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

First one First one? Empty First one First one?

Post  JacobPk Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Sympathy and love is being shown here. Something that these brothers failed to do with Joseph is being shown now infront of him. They realize how precious a life is and cannot bear to watch their own father die aswell as any one of themselves. They LEARNED from their mistakes and faced the consequences. Also i would liek ot mention their loyalty, how they cannot turn over their brother because their father will die. The brothers seem a bit more knittight now that they realize how important a family member really is.

SO thats all i got fomr this chapter, see if you are trying to get what i mean aha.
and a question to ponder: Will we be this knit-tight? loyal? within our praise team? will we always be there for wach other? cheese, but htink about it.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

First one First one? Empty Re: First one First one?

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 pm

there is so much back and forth giving and taking that im confused. That and i read a few chapters on so i know whats going to happen. Also there is a lot of He said she said going on.
Didnt get to much but im getting a lot from this whole story.

Friday! Tomorrow! but i got two tests tomorrow... i gotta study....

Ciao!
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 pm

This Chapter taught me about sacrifice and being true to my words.
If I can't keep a promise, I would be really sad to look upon the misery of the person I failed.
Therefore, I might as well suffer the consequences myself.
Something like that.. well I gotta eat dinner and finish up my essay so I will be heading out.
See you guys tmr!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:39 pm

This chapter was basically a recap of what had happened in the previous chapters, except for the fact that Joseph played a dirty trick on the brothers to keep Benjamin as his slave. The brothers are so worried that their father will die without Benjamin that they "tear their clothes", an act of mourning, and confess to Joseph everything about their family.

I didn't get too much out of this chapter, but I realized that the brothers were willing to do anything to keep their father alive, and that they actually knew how to love someone in their family (surprising because they abandoned Joseph a while ago).
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:44 pm

GENESIS 44

Egad, silver cups and copious long trips back and forth. Joseph's actions seem so meticulously calculated, and the mileage that these brothers are having to make because of it...haha.
Anyways, it's interesting to finding yourself falling into great sympathy for the brothers here, when it wasn't too many chapters ago that they were things of criminals, and to no one less but their own BROTHER. And I noticed it kind of goes full circle...these brothers are now willing to sacrifice their own lives for the well-being of youngest Benjamin because they know it'll break Israel's heart if anything were to happen to him. Israel cherishes Benjamin especially, because of Joseph's 'death', which was inflicted by who? These same brothers. I thought that was neat, how their mindsets and prides have now evolved.
I didn't gather much from this chapter except that it's so important for us to be consistent. We need to be the same person through and through, regardless of who we're with or where we are in life. Every Jesus-like characteristic that we want to 'become' us needs to be acted upon in all hours of the day, so we don't become like these brothers, who let their worldly jealousy and pride take over when they were in a good "position" to, and only began exercising their humble hearts when things 'backfired'. I don't know, something like that..Haha.

See you ladies tomorrow! Pretty excited.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

First one First one? Empty Genesis 44

Post  Roh Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:51 am

YO.

So sorry I didn't send the songs out this week. Been swamped and I know that's not an excuse but I'll make up for it next week!

And I know this week's been a little on the slow side, but no cool insights from this one...this story's dragging and I'm just excited to read the ending! But on another note, we're getting closer to the end of Genesis and like I posted yesterday, please send me suggestions to a book that you'd like to read! I'm sure there's been books that you've been interested in.

But as we wrap up Genesis, just take some time to reflect on what you've learned! I'll go over this again, but for the three days following the end of Genesis (not literally), we're going to do something where we pick our favourite parts of Genesis and share it w/ everyone so I'm actually really looking forward to that! And we'll answer many questions in this period as well, and have some great discussions.

Anyway, sorry for the songs not being available, but we'll be doing:

- Blessed Be Your Name
- Holy is the Lord
- We Fall Down
- 4th song to be determined!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 am

sorry guys for the lateness
but im trying to read this chapter and all i see are the words cup silver and brother all over again
and i cant absorb this chapter..
but i will come back to it and attempt to reread it
but for now
CATHY PAK WAS HEREEE
sorry ive been slacking with devos, i know nothing is a good excuse so im not gonnna bother giving one.

but for now, back to my english commentary
STEEELLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!
cant wait till this week is over.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum