Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 106 July 26th

4 posters

Go down

Psalm 106 July 26th Empty Psalm 106 July 26th

Post  jaake kwon Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 am

I hope it gets better, Joseph.
1 Praise the Lord.[a]
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
6 We have sinned, even as our ancestors did;
we have done wrong and acted wickedly.
8 Yet he saved them for his name’s sake,
to make his mighty power known.
-------------------------------------------------
what a strong way to open the passage.. anyway, ffocusing on; his love endures forever. If you guys haven't seen it, there was a recent picture in facebook that's been going around "The person who loved you the most, loved you so much, he died for you before you were born." Kinda looked at Jesus in a new light, cuz I actually do have someone like that in my life. Well not in my life, but used to be.

My mom had a miscarriage, when I was born. So yeah, balding, dying, you know, that stuff. And then, she passed off in 2000. So yeah, not really a person that says "I wish I could remember 2000."

Well, what I got from the connection, was that; there are people who love you just like Jesus, although it may not be AS MUCH, they love you in the same way. We all have an obligation to give the love that received to other people. The love of which "we wwould DIE to SAVE that person."

It's alot to ask, but we hhave lots of time to try and deepen our relationship, at the same time while we try to BECOME more like Jesus.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 106 July 26th Empty Re: Psalm 106 July 26th

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi Smile
So no specific verse caught my attention today, but instead the whole chapter made me realize something.
Psalm 106 (Todays chapter) tells the story of the Israelites after they were freed from Egypt, and how they doubted God repetitively.
They turned away from Christ and forgot all the amazing deeds God did for them.
Then I realized, we act EXACTLY like the Israelites. Whenever we are in times of trouble or pain we lash out and doubt God. We turn away from God and forget that from the second we were born till the day we die, God will always be with us. He has never and will never abandon us.
This is kind of random but this chapter reminds me of the song "Age to Age" by Hillsong United. Really great and touching song!
Thats all i got!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 pm

just enabled the site on my blackberry, just in case my computer breaks down or something Smile
Really slow day, got hardly any sleep last night Sad

21: They forgot the God who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt.

Pointing out the obvious here, everyday, its so hard to acknowledge the amazing things God has done for us.
He deserves so much from us, and although we aren't even close to fulfilling it, the very least we could do is to pass it forward.
I can imagine how God would be successful in using each and everyone of us if we all just give what we were given.
It doesn't do any justice to God, blaming him for our sorrows, while not thanking him for our happiness.
It helps alot to do a recap of your day in bed at night, right before you sleep, and recognizing him.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:30 am

This chapter reminds me of Forever by Chris Tomlin! hahaha the first verse basically says the lyrics..
i wonder if they read the verses and reflect which verses they like most and put it in their songs... or just come up with it.

This chapter is basically saying that there are sinners and those who confess and those who dont. Everyone is a sinner but they are not a child of God if they do not repent.
We are built in a society where sinning is a COMMON thing and its impossible not to sin. What we should do is repent!
So that we may be saved. Our God obviously created us to sin, if he did not, we would all be angels and Hell would not exist. We are meant to sin, but those who are Christians and believers are meant to repent.
Always stay high with faith in God and Love him always so taht you may be saved!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down