Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yesterday and today's devotion..

+2
dennis
samuelchung
6 posters

Go down

yesterday and today's devotion.. Empty yesterday and today's devotion..

Post  samuelchung Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:00 pm

hey guys, here are my devotions for today and yesterday...

yesterday:
what i read: 2 Chronicles 7-8
what i learned: well it is interesting to see how God gives the reminder the Solomon again to tell him if he follows in the same way his father DAvid had followed, that things will turn out alright, and he were to fall away, then there would be repercussions of what his falling out. now it doesn't say where Solomon was at in his relationship with God, it does not mention whether or not he had taken steps to follow or not, but it is evident from 2 kings that Solomon chooses not to follow God in all his decisions and the relationship that he had was broken because of Solomon's pride and his selfishness in all that he had.
what i am going to do: well i got to constantly remember there is always repercussions of sin, it does not mean that God does not forgive us, He does forgive us, but there are repercussions of the wrongs that we do. just like how if we lie, we can be forgiven, but the trust that we had with the person that we lied to could be broken. so i got to always remember that i am a sinner, and possibly take some more time in my life to take the time to reflect and see how i have been sinning.

today:
what i read: 2 Chronicles 9
What i learned: well this is the end of Solomon's reign, and by this time, Solomon's fame has travelled far and wide because of the wisdom that he possessed. as his fame grew, so did his wealth as there were many people who would come seeking after wisdom and willing to pay whatever for it. He was so rich, silver was not even considered worth anything to him because he had so much gold and ivory. it is funny to see how he had all these riches, he actually was so rich, it was like he didn't know what to do with all that wealth, i guess it is a bill gates moment or something, but he was filthy rich and so he had so much, and the question was, what did he ever do for his people with all the wealth? you know it is funny to see in later sections of the Bible how there is a moment where God gets upset because the rich do not help those who are need, could it be because they took the model of Solomon where when they have a lot, to keep it for themselves? interesting...
what i am going to do: i got to remember that with all that i have, that i need to continue to give and continue to be giving not only in money, but in time, in my everything!

sam

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

yesterday and today's devotion.. Empty Re: yesterday and today's devotion..

Post  dennis Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Genesis 10

This chapter basically lists off the generations of people after Noah. I didn't really learn much, but I did realize that God blesses us in every situation everywhere. Even after the flood, God continuously blessed Noah's family with more children.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:35 am

i wonder why these time lines are in the bible. any care to take a crack?
But like Denise I didnt learn much from this chapter. Not much to learn except new baby names.
Today was fun! I really needed to vent out and chilllll (meaning i enjoyed fondling Hannah's hair) Very Happy
E-Sak oUT
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:49 am

E-Sak. You're such a creeper.

A big fat 'agreed' with Isaac and Dennis in regards to today's passage. I like what Denise brought about bc that hadn't occurred to me.
I enjoyed reading the different names too. All in one breath. Hahaha.
"after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations." What does that part mean? I think I'm missing something..Haha.

Have a great Saturday guys!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 pm

sry for lateness.. i r tardy

I rly wish i cud understand the geographic importance of all that is being said in this chapter...
but i fail at geography and have no interest in it so i'll probably never know...
um.. i agree with all you guys, not rly much to say..

alrite onto next devo! =]
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

yesterday and today's devotion.. Empty Genesis 10 Devo

Post  Allan Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:18 am

Not much out of this one

Allan's favourite picks

1.Ludites
2.Lasha
3.Uzal
4.Uz
5. Arphaxad
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down