Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone?

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone? Empty Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone?

Post  julian Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 am

Finally finished work at 8 and ended up getting my paycheck! 330 in 2 weeks... not a whole lot, but always means a lot to me! Smile

I've thought of circumcision a lot in the bible as it's always talked, even in the books we've read together in the New Testament; until today, I wasn't completely aware of the need of it. It really did signify keeping the covenant with God, and it's to this day still done with different denominations of Christianity as well as in Jewish culture.

Other than that, there's the idea that God might have seemed to be illogical, but with time coming forth, his words do truly mean a lot and can DO a whole lot! Remember Moses' sermon on the powerfulness of words, especially that of God? Let there be light? Well, light appeared out of nowhere, right? It's that power that creates something out of nothing - hope in a land of hopelessness; and this reappears to Abram (now Abraham) and Sarai (now Sarah) that they would have a child! Man, these two were in their old ages, if we think about today... and I can testify that God isn't illogical, but he transcends logic and is beyond it! He is beyond our understanding! Praise the Lord!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone? Empty Re: Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone?

Post  jennifer Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 pm

SORRY i didnt post yesterday i went up to moosedeer and spent the nigt there!
anywhooo ill do this one today i guess!Smile
7 “I will confirm my covenant with you and your descendants[b] after you, from generation to generation. This is the everlasting covenant: I will always be your God and the God of your descendants after you.
this verse stuck out to me because it shows how God does keep every promise he makes, no matter what you do against Him, because he loves you! (L)
also the fact that he says i will always be your God is heartwarming. Because no matter what happens in life, no matter wat you do, or what others do to you, no matter what changes there are, God is still a constant in your life. He has everlasting love! it makes me feel more calm thinking that i can always rely on Him and He will never tire of it Smile
Any male who fails to be circumcised will be cut off from the covenant family for breaking the covenant.”
this verse also shows that God does want you to do something in return for him to keep his promise. You cant just take and take and take from God, expecting Him to be fine with it! we should try to pay Him back for all e as done for us!
see you all tomorrow!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone? Empty Re: Genesis 17- August 19, 2011... I'm alone?

Post  Grace Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! i miss all of you guys so much Sad
one more week~ ill see you all next sunday <3 Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down