Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 15 - August 17, 2011.

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 15 - August 17, 2011. Empty Genesis 15 - August 17, 2011.

Post  julian Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:48 pm

I also forgot - Jacob and Joseph are away on missions..... in other words, only me, Esther, and Jennifer will be posting... but it goes as far as expectations that everyone else is keeping up! Please do so!

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 15 - August 17, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 15 - August 17, 2011.

Post  julian Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm

A general theme that comes out of this chapter is definitely trust...
Abram has all these worries, much like what we might experience on a daily basis. It always happens when I go to work, and man, I've certainly learned to deal with a whole lot of it. Even though we too might doubt and be full of worries, it doesn't mean we can still do the things that God himself wants us to do; while the idea of an heir was on Abram's mind, God asked him for something else, and Abram fulfilled the commandment just fine. In a sense, many of us might have our own struggles and worries, but we can always do the tasks that God wants us to do if we feel comfortable... which most things we can be comfortable with. During church service, if we're called to talk beside one of the younger guys or girls, it shouldn't be too overly difficult, right?

A good response to this would be Proverbs 3:5.

Now, that being said, I'm not 100% sure why God wanted the Israelites to be enslaved for 400 years, noting that 'slavery' was completely different than say, African-American slavery. It was more domestic, more 'maid-like' as opposed to hard labour...
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:20 am

GENESIS 15
i think what i got from this chapter was that its okay to be unhappy about something in your life instead of just being simply grateful for everything God has given you. but thats not to say to be ungrateful. i think being unhappy about something then going to God about it in prayer really helps you get closer to God and understand his plan more. in this story, abram was sad becasuse he didnt have any sons and that hed have to give his wealth to his servant. but he went to God with this and God told him otherwise. the key in this is Abrams faith and trust in God. If God says he will do something about it, he will do something about it no doubt because God will never turn his back on you Smile
also! its okay not to have total faith in the beginning! that would be inhuman. but the thing we can do about that is also go to God about that. he will surely erase most thoughts you have and set your mind straight Smile
so the overall lesson for me today was to bring everthing to God, no matter what it is!
nighht!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Arggg, I can't get anything for this one.... I might take a little while to get it done... hopefully, I'll have something by tomorrow morning. (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down