Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 5th

2 posters

Go down

July 5th Empty July 5th

Post  Kevin Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 pm

a
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

July 5th Empty Re: July 5th

Post  julian Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 am

Tomorrow I pick up my uniform! Kinda excited but kinda worried for Thursday as well... it'll be a good (or bad?) week of training! Please do keep me in prayer, that would be great. So God blessed to even have a job this late... and the manager willing to let me work for only 2 months.

Much of what I'm noticing in Hebrews is very deep passages that I can't just seem to get out right away. Unlike the other books we've encountered as a team, I find that Hebrews presents messages as opposed to stories, probably because there isn't a particular person involved with Jesus.

The first part of this message really served as a good wake-up call, for me anyway. Verses 1 to 4 I think really help to complement a retreat or even just a regular Sunday service. Verse one alone really makes me think about what I do AFTER whenever I happen to listen to someone preaching or sharing the message - we must therefore pay even more attention to what we have heard, so that we may not drift away. For a bit of time, I used to take notes whenever Sam or Moses (during March or so) was preaching, and made it easier for me to reflect constantly. But then, I guess being lazy, I ended up not really taking sermons afterward very seriously, and I find this a bit shameful at times; I DID drift away. And I hope that that verse alone served as a good reminder, haha.

There are a ton of other verses that seemed so powerful, but I'd like to quote 16 - For it is clear that He does not reach out to help angels, but to help Abraham's offspring. To me, it didn't seem much at first, but here's my take on it. Jesus wants to reach those who HAVEN'T been saved and are still living on Earth, as opposed to the ones who have been saved. He's here on Earth taking his time, for all of our days, to be with us, seeing that he could use that time for the Angels in heaven, it would almost seem. It makes me realize that God's time is certainly precious and the more we waste of it, the more shame we SHOULD face, I find.

Take care, good night, and God Bless! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down