Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 4th

4 posters

Go down

July 4th Empty July 4th

Post  Kevin Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Hey guys, so for this week,
You guys can do your own devos!
That is all
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

July 4th Empty Re: July 4th

Post  julian Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 am

I decided for this week (and for the days to come), I'll cover myself the book of Hebrews.
I chose this book because I really never read this book in full depth, and hearing my friend discuss certain things with reference to this book, it did make it seem a little intriguing...

By the way, I got a job at Tim Hortons by Eglinton and Vic Park! (the closest intersection) Oh man though, training begins on Thursday... please do pray for me, guys! Praise the Lord, he's definitely helping me with some of my university finances... oh yes!

Much of what I understood from this chapter revolved around the glory of the son - the one superior to Angels, as it's titled. Angels have the honour to be alongside God and continue to be servants - people who are subject to the king. And we proclaim with every Sunday that it is the greatest honour to worship him and to be able to give him praise. Served as a good reminder of that, but more importantly made me realize just how important God has continued to provide. I guess these past few days I haven't been feeling the greatest spiritually with God.

Verse 12 definitely seems like one I want to strive to remember - this part:
But you are the same, and your years will never end. - it makes me think of that simple song - Yesterday, Today, and Forever. The word of our God never changes because it is perfect, and God's existence will never fail - we ARE aware that our time is running out, but God is the alpha and the omega - the beginning and the end.

That's my share.

God Bless! Smile

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:44 am

Matthew 21
31b Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

I remember reading this during the retreat and it hit me pretty hard.
No matter how good you appear to be in this world, or how bad,
it's better to have not believed and then found your way back then to say you believed when you didn't, same thing for saying "doing everything for God".
God doesn't care about what you did in the past, as long as you repent and actually mean it.

Not toooo much to say but! yeah! that's what I had to say. (:
and I hopeeee I'm doing this right. hahaha
goodnight guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:50 am

Hey guys. The devo's I will be doing will never be set, so they'll be from all over the bible...
Today I chose one of my favourite passages : 1 Samuel Chap. 1, Verse 10
10 Then God came and stood before him exactly as before, calling out, "Samuel! Samuel!" Samuel answered, "Speak. I'm your servant, ready to listen."

So this has always been one of my favourite verses because it shows how God is with us always and that he is always looking for a chance to talk to us and have time with us. It shows that God always wants us to be his and that he longs for us and I think that it is a blessing that someone so great can want us. If you met your favourite celebrity, wouldn't it be great if he recognizes you and starts to compliment you on your life's accomplishments? God is someone greater than us. We worship him, but he longs for us to love him back, and that is better than a famous person asking for your autograph. This verse also teaches the importance of listening to God. When we listen, he can speak and ultimately that is what God finds is important with us, to be able to talk to us and communicate with us, so always listen to him.

Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:55 am

Hey guys,
So I've decided to do a series on ruth for this week.

In Ruth 1, Ruth demonstrated a great act of love and compassion. Orpha however love Naomi as well but she did not follow whereever naomi went. After reading this chapter, It kind of reminded me of the synoptic gospels that we read recently. Peter denied JEsus 3 times. In a way, these two related to me because Orpha loved Naomi, and Peter loved Jesus, but niehter of them followed the one they loved to the very end. Ruth however was special, she said it didn't matter what would happen, she loved Naomi so much that she would follow her anywhere for her. I was amazed when I was reading this because it would be very rare to find someone like Ruth. We however could try to be more like her instead of someone like Naomi or Peter where sometimes words aren't enough. Peter stated he loved Jesus 3 times, yet he denied jesus 3 times. Actions truly speak louder than words!

Hahah good night team
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down