Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mark 9 - june 16

+2
julian
jennifer
6 posters

Go down

mark 9 - june 16 Empty mark 9 - june 16

Post  jennifer Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 pm

lol! afro flower elephant study scratch geek jocolor queen drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king bom cheers Basketball affraid confused bounce rabbit pig monkey cat Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien Like a Star @ heaven What a Face Neutral Arrow Idea Question Exclamation Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

mark 9 - june 16 Empty Re: mark 9 - june 16

Post  jennifer Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell[i] with two hands.[j] 45 If your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one foot than to be thrown into hell with two feet.[k] 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It’s better to enter the Kingdom of God with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where the maggots never die and the fire never goes out.’[l]
these verses stuck out to me because of how harsh yet how true they were! i think they kind of speak for themselves! its kinda like the vine and how God cuts off the vines that are fruitless becasue the fruitless vins will do no good for the rest of the ttreee!
yeahh thats all i got from todays chapter!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey guys!

Much of this chapter I actually found to be quite simple to understand, so there probably won't be a huge amount of analysis in the text.

Verse 19 really made me think about the world today, when Jesus said, 'You unbelieving generation! How long will I be with you? How long must I put up with you?' Even from a generation that believes, it really goes to show that Jesus WILL cover for all our sin, as he did heal so many - virtually all the requests that some Israelites made while they saw him. But then, it's almost as if we should be able to handle some part of it ourselves, especially if we really do want to grow. I'm sure we need to depend on Jesus, but we need to work by ourselves and challenge ourselves, if that happens to make sense. It's a bit difficult to explain, haha.

I also happened to like verse 23, which says, 'Then Jesus said to him, if you can? Everything is possible to the one who believes.' This acted as a good reminder to how small genuine faith will go in the long run. I'm sure that in the short run, not everything will be done, but with patience, it will be. Even with faith as small as a mustard seed, anything is possible! Great reminder!

Verse 36 is something that I was actually talking about with some friends! It goes, 'Sitting down, He called to the twelve and said to them, 'If anyone wants to be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.'' Jesus did so much and I believe that he's truly our king who deserves all our praise, for the amazing things he has done; where he put himself below all of us, acting as a servant. I find that to lead is truly to serve - the one who desires to lead should have the heart of a servant, where we're able to learn to be humble, as Jesus was. I find this to be an excellent reminder!

Take care, guys.

Please do pray for me, as a request - I've been having issues with my OSAP and will be visiting the YorkU Financial Aid office for some assistance... I'm in dire need!

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 pm

39-41Jesus wasn't pleased. "Don't stop him. No one can use my name to do something good and powerful, and in the next breath cut me down. If he's not an enemy, he's an ally. Why, anyone by just giving you a cup of water in my name is on our side. Count on it that God will notice.

So today, I didn't get too much from this chapter, but this verse made an impact on how I think about what we do to further God's glory. We may think that to glorify God better, we have to do things big or attention attracting to God, but I realized that glorifying God is really just personal one on one. It's great that we may want to do great things for him, but even the smallest things that show we care are counted for in God's eyes, so no matter how small the deed we should still pursue them and even if it's for a great figure like God, our actions do not have to be over-planned or hard thought, instead, they can be the small things that count.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:34 am

Hahaha so today me and my mom had some mother & daughter bondin time LOL she asked to join me on my run out of no where but it was more of a really long walk LOLLL

In mark 9, it really demonstrates the power of the name of Jesus.
Through Christ anything is possible and even demons are afraid of Him. Believe and really trust in Christ's power.
Also that one verse where Jesus says 'you need prayer to get rid of a demon like that' it really shows the true power and extent of prayer!!! For those of you who doubt in the power of prayer... Know that God is always listening and that it really is a powerful thing!

Like most of these chapters are saying, have strong faith and believe in God's power Smile

Alsoooooo all of you better have signed up to help out at vbs!!! Smile

I'll see you all on Sunday Smile hope exams are going well ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

In this passage, I found a positive and negative aspect to this father's decisions. The negative one was that he needed to see it to get rid of his unbelief. Jesus states anything is possible if one believes and the father said he believes, but there were also unbeliefs. I guess you could say that this father had a Christian walk similar to the average Christian today. Even though we believe, have faith, there are times when we have doubt. What I liked about this man though was that he went straight to Jesus to be the one to help him overcome his unbelief. He went to Jesus for help and he truly believed that he was the one to help him.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 pm

23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

Jesus knew that no matter what it was, if you had faith in God, you could do it.
However, if you didn't believe, you'd not be able to do anything.

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It’s better to enter the Kingdom of God with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where the maggots never die and the fire never goes out.’

He also said that if there's something that causes you to sin, get rid of it. It's better to go to heaven without then hell because of it.
He obviously didn't mean to physically take out your eyes or cut off your arm, but I think he was trying to show how heaven is even GREATER than the pain you'd experience, doing these things.

Sorry that was short and that I posted it a day late.
I'll post the next after I study.

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down