Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 2 - June 7.

+3
josephpaik
Kevin
julian
7 posters

Go down

Mark 2 - June 7. Empty Mark 2 - June 7.

Post  julian Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Post here.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Mark 2 - June 7. Empty Re: Mark 2 - June 7.

Post  julian Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Hey all! I'm pretty much done my timetable and am pretty proud of myself... I just hope everything comes out true! Very Happy (note that it's pretty damn early compared to a lot of my friends haha!)

The main portion that stood out to me in this passage was the fact that Jesus dined and spent time with the lowest of the low class - the tax collectors and even fishermen. Note that in today's society, it would be interesting to say that it could equal that of criminals - even of the worst kind that should've been executed. Jesus comes here to heal - he doesn't heal the ones who are well-off, but rather those who are in despair. I feel that God always continues to provide whatever he possibly can, even to the ones who are spiritually fine, but definitely reveals himself more to those who are lost and lonely. It made me think about spiritual highs - when we become so spiritually deprived after recognizing that our lives have been full of peril and sin, but become healed when the holy spirit really takes us in.

In a sense, here's an interesting thing I could share; you might end up injured, but with a future goal that you'll be healed.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 pm

15 Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.) 16 But when the teachers of religious law who were Phariseest saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?”

17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”

I really liked this passage because it shows what kind of people were in need of Jesus. Many of Jesus' disciples were people who were judged by their actions and viewed as bad people. However, the pharisees said why does he eat with terrible people and I instantly realized that if the pharisees were able to call Jesus' disciples scum, they too can consider themselves scum. Because they all have sin, they are all of the same level. This was a great reminder that we should NEVER consider some people scum or EVEN lowly because those are the type of people that Jesus had as disciples and also that we too are on the same level.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

I didnt get much but i really felt that the last verse was really important.
If anyone knows what it means can you please explain it to me.

"Then he said to them, The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

EXPLAIN! please Razz
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 pm

5When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the crippled man, "My friend, your sins are forgiven."
I find this verse really cool Smile
Jesus can see how much faith we have!
and later on in this chapter, Jesus also says that he has the right to forgive sins...even though everyone was complaining that only God could forgive sins.
Our sins are forgiven because of our faith in Christ, because we believe that we TRULY were saved, when Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
It is a fact we should never doubt, we need to keep our faith strong and grow as sons and daughters of God Smile Always trusting in him, loving him, following him and living FOR him Smile

hope you guys all had a good day!
i finally got some work done for my geography isu... and i was doing some stuff for my mission trip!
ahahaha ... it has been a pretty good/productive day Razz
i already have the university of ottawa sending me info packages and stuff... oh wowwwww haha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 am

5 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your sins are forgiven.”
i think this verse really illustrates moses' sermon when he said that we should be trouble makers in christ. These men caused trouble and did something out of the ordinary, in their faith of Jesus, to help the paralyzed man. God just doesnt make rules and expects you to follow them, he knows us inside out, knows what out intentions are and if they are good, why should he punish you?
17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”
this is one of my favourite verses Smile hehe just sayin
yeah the main thing that i got from this chapter was that Jesus frequently did things that were against the norm of their society and did things that were outrageous and he got ridiculed for it. He didnt care howver, because he had God's support and it shows me that his way is not the government or the society's way. no! its completely unique, and it is not saying that we should break the law, but i think we should take his law above all else. because his law determines eternity, while this law lasts only a lifetime.
yeahh not much today! :O
im hungryyy! i always get hungry at 12 haha night guyss
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 am

I really liked that this passaged showed that you can receive God's grace and love no matter what kind of people you are. God tries to bring everyone to him, not just reward the people who went by themselves. If you did, great, but you shouldn't be jealous if someone else is experiencing him more obviously that for you. Rather, you should be proud that you didn't have to get taught about life and his many questions and stay calm.

okay, after this, I'm feeling crazy tired. I'm soo overwhelmed. Goodnight!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Hey guys... sorry for posting so late... I just got back from watching the new Xmen movie... it was pretty good.

So a lot of what was in Luke has been repeated so far (and will undoubtedly be repeated more) because this is recounting the same things from a different person's point of view. Matthew, Mark, and Luke pretty much share the same stuff anyways don't they? Anyways, I didn't get much from this that I haven't gotten before, but still one of my favorite concepts of the bible is portrayed when Jesus explains that only the sick need healing. The doctor tends to a sick patient over a healthy one and Jesus helps those who are spiritually dry instead of helping those who need no help. So I just wanted to share that...

I don't think it's the best idea to do Mark right after doing Luke, because in essence, they are the same story. It's going to be hard to learn new things when we're reading the same text over, so can I suggest changing our book? Matthew, Mark, and Luke are, in essence, the same text...

Oopps... i posted in teh wrong forum... hahaha. sorry... here it is!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down