Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 1

+3
josephpaik
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Mark 1 Empty Mark 1

Post  Isaac Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 pm

what rhymes with Bark?

MARK

Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Mark 1 Empty Re: Mark 1

Post  Grace Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Clever isaac, very clever Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

Mark 1

AFter i read the section "The calling of the First Disciples" and read it,
it had the story about Jesus' (soon to be disciples) casting nets into the lake but no fish were caught. But when they saw Jesus, they came back to shore but they had caught nothing to cook for dinner. Then Jesus said, go back out and cast your nets out again. At first they declined and said they were out the whole day but they caught nothing.
Eventually they went, casted their nets and when they brought up the nets, there were billions of fish, too many that it was ripping th net! They were amazed and made a devotion to follow Jesus. This is how they weer Jesus' disciples.

In the message, the clear theme let out in this chpater is to always have faith.
At first the disciples had no faith, but when they went out and casted their nets..... fish were caught.
That is when they had faith and started believing. But us, we should believe and have faith even before Jesus acts upon us.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 am

So a couple of things stood out to me in this chapter~
firstly I noticed that phrases like "even the demons knew who He was" was repeated a few times in this chapter...
But it really makes you aware that even satan believes that God/Christ exists!
They were castes away from people simply by words..
But cousin tells me of times when him and his mission team would cast out evil spirits within people through Christ's name!!!! It shows that evil spirits fear Christ, Jesus is truly holy and mighty Smile
and secondly... This is why I believe that devos are so important.
In this chapter it mentions that satan tests Jesus while He is fasting in the desert for 40 days... And as we all know, satan tries to sway Him by trying to twist the meanings of verses in the bible...
You guys, even the devil knows the bible...
Jesus overcame temptation because he knew his material.
How prepared can we be if WE do not know the word.
We are Christians, and the word is our weapon, our armour. It is so important that we make an effort to know our stuff!!!!
So put your heart into your devos Smile

Hope you all had a good start to your weeks!
I.. Am still so tired from the weekend hehe...
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:57 am

ARK CLARK DARK HARK LARK PARK SHARK SPARK STARK ;D ohhyeaaa
what stuck out to me most in this chapter was the last story. it showed that Jesus did NOT want the person he healed from leperosy to go around and telling people of what he has done. i personally think it's becasue Jesus did not come to earth to show off his healing skills and become a celebrity, which is described in that passage, but to show people God's love, and show people the way. He didnt want the man to tell people that he was healed by Jesus becasue then people would know Jesus only by a magic maker in which he can heal anyone and anything. Yes this is a good thing, and yes it attracts people attention to him. but does it attract attention to him in a good way or a bad way? if jesus becomes a celebrity, then people will have predetermined thoughts about him even before they meet him. Jesus is humble and doesnt want to become a celebrity for us! so that he can show the way while being on the same level as us. If you are a celebrity, you become untouchable. you basically are too good for others. But Jesus wants to show love and develop relationships with us. Popularity then becomes a hindrance because people just want to use you for popularity or people feel that they can't talk to you. This is not what Jesus wants to acheive. I know im going in circles o.o ooppsiiee haha
So basically i wanted to point out that becasue Jesus became a "celebrity", his purpose of being on earth was covered by people wanting to become healed, which is not his main purpose. i think we can learn from this in the way in which we introduce God into other's lives, and maybe teaches us not to become humbler.
yeahhhh thats it guys! gooodnigghht Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 am

Awh, man. History...such a slkjsdkjv class. ):
I have like, two projects and one is due tomorrow. The next, friday. And exams are coming up. I'm in the mass band, which is performing this week. I'm in the dance class that's performing on friday. I'm going to die. This is so stressful.
Don't hate me for missing this devo, guys. I'll do double as soon as I can. (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey guys! I was going to do devos at around 11 or so, but I guess my internet connection buggered up towards the night for some odd reason.
I mentioned to Kevin I was going to post in the morning but was sorta tired I guess, and I'm waiting for the finale concert to start, so I'll be taking some time to do this one and today's.

Much of what I do see in this passage is Jesus' miracles that continue to take place. It's a true display of power, and to show that Jesus not only talks, but he also is involved in the 'doing' of things, rather. It's an example to see that we shouldn't 'talk the walk, but walk the talk', as Moses did happen to mention during one fellowship night, and that I do remember...

It also seemed to me that while Jesus has the potential to heal everyone, I'm sure he chooses not to do so immediately, for all of us. For some of us, I'm certain that his power does come into play when it's necessary to. I mean, why did he try to evade so many Israeli villages and towns when he could be performing more and more miracles? It begs the question of time - when Jesus will arrive to carry out his providence - transforming evil into good - healing the sick, which was pretty visible, is a good example of that. Nothing is impossible for God, and he could heal all of us, but I'm sure God's sovereign and has a better way to run the world than we could ever think of.

My 10 cents.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 pm

The part that I wanted to share about was about the parable of the man with leprosy. Jesus healed him because he had loving compassion for him and once he did, the part that stuck out to me the most was that he said:

44 “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.t This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”

Jesus had so much humility in all of his amazing miracles. He healed others not because he wanted the glory from others but because of love and the faith and hope that the lepor man had demonstrated. I also realized that the lepor man full out disobeyed Jesus' request of keeping the miracle to himself but he chose to tell everyone anyways. My thoughts are MAYBE he was just to happy and head of himself but I felt like this happens to God too often. He does amazing things for us but he constantly disbobey him. I think we should all live according to the fact that BECAUSE God does amazing things for us, it's only right to obey him.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down