Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 12 May 18th

+2
Grace
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Luke 12 May 18th Empty Luke 12 May 18th

Post  Kevin Sun May 15, 2011 10:53 pm

sadkljwqlkejwqklewq
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 12 May 18th Empty Re: Luke 12 May 18th

Post  Grace Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 pm

4My friends, don't be afraid of people. They can kill you, but after that, there is nothing else they can do. 5God is the one you must fear. Not only can he take your life, but he can throw you into hell. God is certainly the one you should fear!

I really liked these 2 verses because it reminds us to fear God.
People often forget about how mighty God is!
He can do things that we can't even imagine... He can make the mountains bow, he created the earth, the heavens.. Everything!! It's easy to limit God and only see a small side of him... But we need to remember that satan is not one to fear because satan can be defeated easily by God. satan is powerless before our God.
God is almighty. NOTHING comes before Him. We're so lucky that he loves us so much that he's making such an effort to keep us close to him, and that he created us to begin with so that we could spend time with Him and experience His awesome glory in a close relationship, as he is our father and we are made to be his children.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu May 19, 2011 12:03 am

21 "That's what happens when you fill your barn with Self and not with God."

So this part of the chapter was about greed. It says a lot about greed. What we should avoid in it, and other ways to use our blessings. When we're greedy, what of the others? In the verse prior, God asks the man, what will you do with the excess goods anyways? Like Moses said in some sermon recently, we tend to over-consume. We over-eat, over-spend, over-everything, but thats the reason why some people are denied what they need. It's important that, if we can not be generous, we can't be greedy. When we over-use, we are almost saying to God that you are able to provide for yourself, but in reality, who is the provider. When we move our spiritual treasure out for room so that we can have physical wants, we are being greedy, and that is why being greedy is bad. It creates problems, not only with God, but with others close to you. There is so much you can do with excess wants so that people can have what they need, so don't be greedy. It ruins relationships with God, and it does the same with human relations.

Good night...
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu May 19, 2011 12:06 am

After reading the whole chapter, i thought the sections "Do Not Worry" spoke to me the most.
Every single day, i hear people saying dont worry, even i say dont worry. But we say it for what..?
Not worry about marks?
OF COURSE NOT!!!
It explains not to worry in this section.
23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are then bird!

This means that do not worry about eating food because Life isnt only Food. Do not think that the body was created jhust to wear clothes.
How can the human body be made so Perfect! Because of God. We shouldn't worry because God is always gonna be there for us no matter how hungry how full, how naked how suited up!
We are not the only living things in this world. There are animals, and God treats them all the same as he does to us. We think we are much more valuable than animals but in Gods eyes, we are the same.
We should'nt have to worry because God will always be there for us. Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 am

Hey all! Tired as ever, but so what...

To add on to what Grace was saying, to fear the Lord also means to be in AWE of him... essentially respect in a sense, the way I'd think about it. If you show respect to your parents, in a sense you have that fear to control you and to make you aware of where you are and where you stand... and everyone definitely must fear God to worship him - he is above all!

The Parable of the Rich fool was something that's making me reflect on for quite a bit! Storing up a whole lot of wealth and just saving up so much 'treasure' that's really so superficial doesn't really do a whole lot in the end. Money is just a number - a value, and putting more of money than God is a sin. And really, God should be far more important than our money, but definitely everyone's gotten to a point where money was of great importance... we use it all the time, and it'd be tough to part without it. But it's making me think whether we should have that kind of attitude towards God..

Take care guys. Nervous like mad this week. >_____>.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu May 19, 2011 12:30 am

Yay, I'm all caught up! (:
Ugh, I've been sooo busy this week. It's ISU season and we're getting a tonnnn of projects everywhere, non-stop. D;
SLDKVSDLKVJ I'm just looking forward to Friday.
Oh! And tomorrow, me and my friend are posssibly buying a uke! WOOT! Cool
Anyway, I'm super tired, so without further a dooo..

Basically, throughout this whole chapter, especially in the beginning, there's a lot of talk about things that have been hidden in the dark being shown in the light. So, I guess the message I got was to watch what you say so that you don't regret anything if it gets out. Also, that if you deny Jesus on Earth, he'll deny you in Heaven.

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

Do I even have to explain? This is taught to us so many times that we forget how important it is that we can just drop our earthly belongings for God whenever he calls for us. If you have grown too attached to the things on this earth, you'll end up farther away from God. Especially now, when money and technology rule our lives, and we all live lives of luxury and having more than we need, it's going to be harder not to get attached to these things but I think we just have to constantly remind ourselves how important God is and all in all, the things in heaven will be so much greater than the things we've grown to love on the earth.

goodnight!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu May 19, 2011 12:35 am

Haha Julian, I take it your nervous for uni acceptances?
You shall be kept in my prayers hahahha

Anyways, the part that spoke to me the most was pretty much on verse 35+. It spoke to us about how we must be prepared for the Lord's coming. This made me reflect on myself, am I living as if God may come to judge us all the VERY next day? My honest answer is that I'm not. I would like to live for God like it's my last day but it's just not so. But this passage clearly states the ones that are ready for when the master comes shall be rewarded. We should be living for God like it's our last day, our last chance to worship him in this life. I bet if we all knew that the very next day, we knew that God would be coming, we would all work like dogs and do what we can to prepare for his arrival but like it is stated in this chapter, we don't know when he's coming, he'll come unexpectedly. That being said, since we don't know when he's coming, we should live more enthusiastically for Jesus because I think that THAT type of worship, is one of the most authentic scenarios in which we worship our God. I hope that we can ALL live a little bit more enthusiastcally for Jesus, that we can live like it's our last day!

Haha that's what I got.
Good night guys!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content