Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 18th (READ THIS)

3 posters

Go down

May 18th (READ THIS) Empty May 18th (READ THIS)

Post  Isaac Mon May 18, 2009 12:24 pm

PLEASE FINISH ISAIAH BEFORE STARTING ON YOUR OWN DEVOS!!!! we will continue Isaiah in a week.
And keep up with devos!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

May 18th (READ THIS) Empty Re: May 18th (READ THIS)

Post  hannahlee Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Went to Frankie Tomatto's for a friend's birthday dinner...Ugh. So full.

Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather through the law we become conscious of sin.

I thought this was a really neat passage because it was a cool way to look at things differently. We've always learned that simply following God's laws and being a "good person" won't guarantee your salvation, but only through Christ can we go to heaven. This verse not only exemplifies that, but it also, for me, shows me the importance of studying and learning the Word. I think the more conscious we are of sin, the more we can learn and understand how much it hurts God and try our best to stay away from it.

SHORT WEEK.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Im reading the Bible sam gave us. The beginning of each book theres a big blurb about it. It says that the success in life is the fear of the lord. In chapter 1 verse 1 of proverbs its says:
"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

I really hope that if theres one thing you get from this spiritual growth on the team, is that you do have fear of the Lord. Not "fear" as in soooo scared you dont even know what to do, but fear of what he is capable of doing and that he does give and take away at his will. I ve seen someone face to face who has had a lot taken away from them. She was paralyzed from head to foot. At first i didnt believe God did that to her, even know im not too sure but when i met her she warned me that she disobeyed God twice and this wasnt a punishment, but an eye opener. At that point she said she really got to know God and grow more with God. Even if the paralyzing of her body wasnt God, she atleast learned and grew from it.
It also says fools despise wisdom and discipline. When Jacob and I became leaders we set out a few goals. Goals that were to push us spiritually, and to grow us musically and as a team. We also said that if youre not growing WITH us, then you will be cut from the team. Things like devos, practicing, and communicating with the team is some things that help us grow TOGETHER. These things are something you are disciplined in. We dont force people to do devos because Jacob and I benefit from it, its actually quite stressing... but this verse says "fools" despise wisdom and discipline. Reading the word is WISDOM and DISCIPLINE.

Have a good week guys!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue May 19, 2009 12:04 am

great points both of you. i decided to do a facebook "daily verse" and i came across this.
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
John 15:18

This gives me alot of encouragement to stand for out faith in Jesus. No one ever said being a Christian was easy, in fact quite the contrary. We do all these things so that the world can accept us, even if it means by turning our backs to Jesus, but remember that in the end there is no satisfaction with earthly things. God is and can only be our satisfaction, he's more than enough for us, his love, his light, his everything, he IS everything. Not everyone in this world can like you, i don't want us to conform, so that we can be accepted by "society". Our society is yet to come, and it's with Jesus, that's the best part. the world WILL hate you, but remember, Pastor Sammy said this" Jesus is WITH you" Wherever you go, whatever situation youo're in, Jesus is ALWAYS with you. THere will be times where you struggle, but rememebr that God is the only one who can provide peace within youe life, in fact let him BE your peace. Lift everything to him and he will answer.
Jesus would take a bullet for us, are you willing to take a bullet for him? Think about it...

I would also liek to share this verse.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
we haven't got some time to encrouage each other and as a team i htink encouragemtns are very important. it gives us strength and it means alot! The moment Denise says good job to me, or Allan says keep it up, i feel encouraged to do the same and work harder. I want us to encrouage to the point where it's a contagious disease and it can't be cured. To the point where we don't need reminding, but we know when to encrouage and what not. because when you ENcourage, you can only benefit, there's nothing negative about it. I want us to grow togetehr and continue to encourage each other so that we can grow together! There's nothing better than that ahah.

ALong those lines i would liek to say some encouragements!
Hannah - You did an awesome job at the wedding, and you lead the people will a worshipful heart, and that is something that is inspiring to see. You sing from heart and we can see it! Continue to do an amazing job.
Denni - Your cello was fantastic and so was your piano! You also showed humility when you offered to just sing instead of playing piano aswell, it really encourages me to be more humble! Tell Grace she was awesome too!
Cathy - Thank your parents! ahah. You did an awesome job with the piano at the wedding aswell! You also stepped up throughout this past month with no complaints and iyou somehow make my life easier! Keep it up.
Allan - YO! you are great. you stepped up huge recently and we can ALL agree on that. WIthout complaints you do stuff and it shows that your'e commited. You also showed what it mean to be humble through many ways i can't explain. Great job.
Mike - Yo, you also stepped up huge, and you showed that you were commited through the wedding and praise practice! You did an awesome job playing, and having a heart to serve! I could see that you wanted to serve and not just play!
Isaac - you're ok at minesweeps! You're the one who organized praactices, meetings and other stuff so thanks! You are the man when it comes to these things, and without you, i don't know what i would've done! You also played amazing at the wedding, although you couldn't danced at the reception.
Steven - YO I MISSSSSS YOU. WE MISSSS YOU. I know you've been praying for us, cause we've been praying for you! I can't wait till you come back! HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYY

Let's continue to encrouage! HAVe a great weeek!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down