Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 3 April 6

+4
Grace
jennifer
julian
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Galatians 3 April 6 Empty Galatians 3 April 6

Post  Kevin Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:07 am

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Galatians 3 April 6 Empty Re: Galatians 3 April 6

Post  julian Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey guys... I've had a good hour-long break, and will have to start on an assignment. I'm taking Moses' advice and eating less and less and less... I pray it'll help. Rehearsals were fair, so I think my ensembles should be okay, so I guess I had an okay day. I am excited for Thursday fellowship tomorrow... great worship and fun'll happen tomorrow.

On a side note, I wanted to invite you guys to the Youth Alive Conference that should take place soon. We'll send it to UCF (United Christian Fellowship), for those of you who actually go to fellowship in your high schools (except Jeremy haha). It'd be sweet if you guys would come, it'll be crazy deep... and I'll let you guys know about the info on that one. I'm pretty stoked for this week actually! Anyway, I'll be talking about what I got from this verse. Hope to read all the things you guys got. Keep it up! Smile

Verse 4 definitely served as a good reminder to why I continue to turn to Christ, no matter how much of a cliché it always seems to be, thinking carefully about it. It says, 'Did you suffer so much for nothing - if in fact it was for nothing?' Everything that happens in our lives is never caused by accident - we all have faith that God made the reason and IS the reason. I might make a long post not just because I accidentally did, but I had a motive behind it, one that God certainly gave me. Moses told me over the Summer Missions trip that I should continue to suffer in Christ. I thought that just meant enduring pain alone, but it really meant for me to endure it with Christ. It felt like a good reminder that I should continue to suffer for Christ, not because it's for nothing, but because it's to do what I can for Christ.

Verse 11 is something that I don't need to discuss and is pretty clear on what we should definitely do.

A larger part of this section talked about how God continues to promise... for this, I really thought about the song 'Free' that we did last Sunday. When God really set us free, he let us do what was necessary so we wouldn't be judged on how good or bad we act on a daily basis... it's not about following regulations or that bureaucratic nonsense, but simply to come into the spirit. That's what I thought.

Take care guys, got a lot to do. Hope your weeks get better. Keep it up guys.

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 pm

2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ.
i like how this verse reminds us that we dont receive the holy spirit just by "being perfect" and following the laws and ten comandments and whatnot. we don't have to be perfect, we should strive to be perfect, but god knows we arent and that we will make mistakes. we will. so we can't rely solely on being the "perfect christian" to have a relationship with the lord. we have to actually believe in the message, pray/talk to him and LOVE him. this is more important than keeping the rules straight. if we love him in the first place, we wont want to do anyting to hurt him, sinning hurts him, so therefore abiding by the ten commandments and whatnot will come easier and natuirally, and if we do break and sin, then we WILL feel guilt and we will want to repent to god. this is why its important to love him first.
28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile,[o] slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.
we are all equal in god's eyes, he loves us all unconditionally I love you
argggg next week i have an art test, math test, chem test, physics test, and an outdoor ed project due Sad sigh
byee yall!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:07 pm

productive procrastination
n. Doing stuff to keep busy while avoiding what really needs doing. When all is said and done, your room is clean, your laundry is folded -- but you haven't started your English paper.
hahahaha
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 pm

3How can you be so stupid? Do you think that by yourself you can complete what God's Spirit started in you? 4Have you gone through all of this for nothing? Is it all really for nothing? 5God gives you his Spirit and works miracles in you. But does he do this because you obey the Law of Moses or because you have heard about Christ and have faith in him?
woahhhh, he's being so harsh in the beginning of this chapter >.<
his frustration and anger is understandable , we all need a kick in the butt when it comes to our faith once in a while Razz
but basically this here is saying that nothing can be accomplished on our own because everything is only possible because of GOD!
The Law of Moses was like an idol to these people, obsessed to follow everything and being "perfect" they forgot about actually worshiping and obeying GOD out of true faith!

yeahhhh so basically today i finally started raising some money for the 30 hour famine HAHAHAHA , got a few people wanting to donate still so im pretty happy Smile
yeah i have a fieldtrip that day.. so honestly idk when ill be able to make it to church because its one of those all day, possibly goes to like 5ish things... but ill be at church by 6 latest! okaaysss ? Smile

hope everyone is good and ready for anotherday.
night <3
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 pm

uh oh...
im gonna be so hungry D:

I got all the things you guys got but one first that really spoke to me was verse 2
2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard?
This is pretty straight forward but it means are you receiving the Spirit of God yourself or by force.
Are you truly a believer of God andwould give up everything if God told you to because it was what he asked you to? or would you not do anything?
I think we should just take some time and answer those questions to ourselves.
Hopefully we are strong believers or becoming one and not forced to come to church every week just for the sake of it.
im gonna pray for all of us.

Good night!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 am

Hey guys. I'm kinda burnt out today after I got back from church. I had a lot of homework today and I'm reading the verses over and over, but I'm not learning everything new. I know it's great to reinforce messages that I already know, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult as we do more and more books written by Paul, to find new messages and learn new lessons, so please bear with me if my devos are somewhat short.

This chapter mainly talked about how there are things God gives us the chance to achieve, namely our relationship with God. We all know that the only possible way to be with God is through Jesus. Jesus gives us salvation and through him, we can be with God, but otherwise it is impossible. The tasks God gives us are always impossible without his help. He wants us to realize that, when we have faith in him, we can do just about anything. If our hearts are in the right place when we are doing something, God will undoubtedly help us through it, and our relationship is one of our goals. Without God's help, we could not have been with him, but God decided that we need support and sent Jesus, and through Jesus, we have God. Even now, when we seem separated from God, always look to him for the answer because his decisions in the trials he sets out for you is all for the sake of being close. God gave us the ability to love him, gave us help and guidance towards him, and he constantly is there now to aid us, so make the best of the gifts God has given us and try to get as close to him as God intended.

Good Night.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:53 am

Hey guys
Not many parts stuck out to me because like Jeremy said, it's been more of the same
There is one verse I found but it's something I want to share with you guys all in person on Friday

Other than that, Good night!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 am

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Jeremy on that.
Doing the same books in chronological order and trying to learn something new in every chapter is actually pretty difficult and I think Billy was thinking about it too.

Anyway, I just got that the law keeps us away from God's teachings. It acts as a barrier and that's why Jesus was born 'into the law'. He was born that way so that he could free everyone who was under the law.
Another thing I found was that all followers are equal whether you're male or female, old or young.

Ugh, I have a ballet quiz on friday, and a original choreography that's worth 30% of our mark tomorrow. I'm super tired. I barely have enough time to spend on other subjects because this whole class is so time-consuming. ANYWAY, I'M JUST GOING TO FINISH MY REFLECTION NOW AND GO TO SLEEP.
goodnight guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 am

Hey guys, got back from work and all. It was pretty dead today was still tiring. I really Hope I get the Supervisor position aha!

Hmmm after reading this, things did stick out but it was all the stuff that we've already covered like how we were able to communicate with god through jesus, the Trinity and all. But one this really stuck out to me, verse 27

27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Kevin, Grace, and I, and if i remember paul also went through this in Confirmation class and this is what it means to be baptized. To be clothed in Christ, Now what we physically wear and I think that is something VERY powerful. Altho not everybody's being baptized but these are the words that we should live by and follow up to in our everyday life
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down