Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 6 April 11

+4
josephpaik
jennifer
Grace
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Galatians 6 April 11 Empty Galatians 6 April 11

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm

sdsd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Galatians 6 April 11 Empty Re: Galatians 6 April 11

Post  Grace Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 pm

3If you think you are better than others, when you really aren't, you are wrong. 4Do your own work well, and then you will have something to be proud of. But don't compare yourself with others. 5We each must carry our own load.
SOOOOO important!
We should never be proud of ourselves, ESPECIALLY to the point when we think that we are superior over others when we're really not.
All we need to do is work our hardest, fufill God's purpose and be proud of how hard we are working for God.

You cannot fool God, so don't make a fool of yourself! You will harvest what you plant.
SO TRUE! what can we hide from God? Everything we do and say.. it can not be hidden from our God. In front of Him, our lives are like open books, so it's better to come out and confess and be forgiven instead of trying to hide it all and be ashamed forever.
This is something that is hard to do, especially with a human's pride. But this is something we need to learn to do. Come out in front of God, broken and all, and just lay it all out in front of Him.

hope you all had a good day! Oh wow, i was like falling asleep in class... not good... but i think i did good on my accounting test and i got an 87 on my inclass assignment from last week~ looks like my midterm mark wont be TOO bad Smile
i have so much to do.. passport stuff, homework, confirmation stuff... crazy week ahead for sure~
Stay healthy, and God bless guys <3
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:37 pm

i got alot from today's passage!
1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer[a] is overcome by some sin, you who are godly[b] should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.
this shows us how important accountability partners are, and how we are equals to one another, the only one that has the right to be too important for something is God.. he however choses to help us out of love. we should see that example and try to express that to others in need. however much we need God. we also need people around us to help us. humans are meant to communicate with each other, why not use it to our advantage?
4 Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. 5 For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
i think this rreally relates to teenagers especially because we are constantly comparing ourselves, our image, our skills, our gradess,, everything! we should remember that onlly we know what effort we are putting into everthing, and if we compare the things we do to the things we did in the past, and we are doing better, getting better, and were doing our best, then why does it matter that the person next to you is getting higher? also, we should always be comfortable with our images because God created us this way, so we are the "artworks" of God, would we want to bash God's handiwork? no! were perfect in the way God meant us to be.
10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.
why should we do bad when itll make us guilty and come back to us in the end? have you every noticed that everytime you do something good, it feels good in new ways all the time, but when you do something bad, the good feeling you get from it is short lasted, it feels similar, and it ends up getting replaced by guilt in the end.
i have so many tests and stuff this weekk Sad bummmerrr
haha have a nice tmr guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:53 pm

2 Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

This verse really spoke to me because, God created us to interact with others and speak his name and spread his word to others. We should be each others burdens. This way, we will fulfill the law of Christ. Example, if there is a friend who is not Christian, we should be a burden and try to help them so that they can become a believer and be saved. I know that we all of non Christian friends and if you dont want them to suffer like how Jesus did, we should pray and try to change them.

7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked......
This is a really important verse too because it states that God cannot be mocked.... meaning no other Gods can replace him. Temporarily, small gods can take over you and control your life but in the long terms, God will always be there. We should always know that. Right now, school can be all thats on our minds but after everything is set and steady, God will be in you and guide you to the right place when the time is right.

EZ
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:04 am

Hey guys, turns out that I ended with fairly high mid-term marks, so I hope I'll get in Queen's now! Very Happy Birthday tomorrow, pretty excited actually, but it'll be just a typical school day, nothing really new. Razz

Verses 14 and 15 were possibly the most that I could definitely relate to in this chapter. It says, 'But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. For both circumcision and uncircumcision mean nothing; what matters instead is a new creation.' Whether I might have been living well off or not (in Paul's context, being the more well-off Jew or the more disappointing Gentile in society), Christ just comes first. This serves as a good reminder, especially when I can definitely be carried away by many things that seem to dominate the position of Christ. I mean, university acceptances are seriously one thing, since I've been putting that on my heart for so much more than God, when he should be the first. And it's through seeing that Christ should take priority in our lvies that we work for the good of all, especially for those who belong to the household of faith, as verse 10 says.

Hope you guys have a good week, and for those who don't, I pray you do. Take care guys.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:18 am

Yay! I had no hw today and i just chilled for the whole day. That makes me happy.Very Happy

You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.

This verse spoke out a lot to me because I think it not only puts us in our place, but also explains what we can do in that place. The verse implies that we should treat others like we wanted to be treated by God. This verse reminded me about that parable where the king's advisor or something has a debt to pay off to the king for like say a thousand, but the king clears all debts. But this advisor guy goes to his servants and demands the $10 the servant owes him. It's important that we always understand everything God gave up for us, and what debt he cleared for us. If we are so picky about the 10 dollars of debt someone owes us, what are we to say to God who cleared our names for countless times that? We should always try to help each other spiritually and be merciful to each other. Like Paul says, we should share their burdens because it's the least we could do for the God who went as far as to completely take our burdens right? So always try to be helpful in God's name. Second message I got from this verse is that we have to keep our pride leashed. If we become to proud, our sense of who needs help and who we want to help becomes blurred. For there to be oppressed people, there have to be people who are not, and to fix that, we either need to bring them up, or put our selves lower, and I think what God meant for us to do is to sink lower to help others. We can be comparable to the Government. Sitting in their almighty offices, they can't as effectively help less fortunate than people who are on a personal level with them. They can help in some ways, but most of help comes from people who can relate to each other on a personal level. We need to relate to those we're helping so that we can help more effectively, so not to be so proud.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 am

1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believert is overcome by some sin, you who are godlyt should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.

Haha I've noticed that a lot of us thought this passage stuck out!
A lot of this passage was to help others but to steer clear of that sin ourselves. There is always someone that can use a helping hand but often times we probably don't help them instead of helping them. I think it's because we as humans are just more bad than we are good. We should wear more of Jesus character traits and help those who are in need. I especially noticed the humbly part ahhaha. When we help others, we probably seem like the more authorative or superior figure in the scenario but keep in mind that we are on the exact same level as them and trying to steer them to the right path!

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:51 am

Sorry guys. I've got a project due in three days and it's weighted almost as much as an isu.
I'll do both devos tomorrow. goodnight.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:06 am

Wow. Playstation move plus Killzone 3. So sick, need to try it out soon aha...

1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

I remember sam once said this, `no one said you have to do this alone.`people were not born to live by themselves. That`s why God made eve for adam. And Even tho we all maybe sinners, we can benefit each other. Just like how 2 negatives make a positive. If one person carries a huge heavy luggage, help them out. that`s all I got say. During my hard times, I always go talk to my friends and they always end up making me feel better. They may not be christian but still, those are good examples of helping each other...

That`s all I got for this chapter. Have a sick week yàll
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 pm

1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.
So many people, when they see someone straying from the path of God, try to harshly and mercilessly bring people back. I think this verse reminds us that we have to be considerate when we 'restore' them but at the same time, we can't get deceived by their thoughts and questions.

Haha, that's it.
I was writing devos in the morning and then I had them all prepared...
I got home and I checked the forum ...to find out that we're doing proverbs. hahalawwl suckss. ):
anyways, next one!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down