Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 7 March 2nd

+2
Grace
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 7 March 2nd Empty 1 Corinthians 7 March 2nd

Post  Kevin Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 7 March 2nd Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 7 March 2nd

Post  Grace Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:30 pm

hey guys
it really isnt like me to miss 2 devos like this.
it's been really hard for me these days, its not an excuse to miss devos.. but ive been having sleeping problems, and my relationship with my parents have been pretty rocky these days.. its slowly getting better, but keeping myself busy 24/7 to avoid my problems.. i learned... is not the right thing to do.
i guess i made myself so busy that i totaly forgot to post my devos onto the forum. i did try to read the chapters.. but my mind was so full of different thoughts i couldnt focus..
however, i am trying to get back on track with my life, and i will post todays devo earlier and then get started on my homework.
sorry again, i really didnt mean to keep missing out on devos like this. hope everyones been having a good week!

22When the Lord chooses slaves, they become his free people. And when he chooses free people, they become slaves of Christ. 23God paid a great price for you. So don't become slaves of anyone else. 24Stay what you were when God chose you.

this section in the chapter really got to me. It's basically saying not to change yourself, thinking that youre not worthy enough to be a Christian, to be God's chosen. Dont get me wrong, change is good, when you evolve spiritually change bad habits into good ones... but what it's saying is that God loves you for YOU. You were once a slave to sin, but now you are set free so that you can SERVE God! He doesnt want you to stray off and start becoming a slave for someone else again when you were already set free.
God loves us, because we are all his daughters and sons, all of us have different relationships with Him that can not be compared. You dont have to look different, or pretend to be something youre not in front of God because He knows you better than anyone else in the whole entire universe. God is the only one we can hide our true selves from... so lay it all out in front of Him, be open and honest with God.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey guys, sorry for missing two days. I know I said I'd post but apparently it didn't get posted. :/

ANYWAY,
I didn't get tooo much from this chapter because it talks about marriage. It basically talks about the husband and wife being one, etc etc. Not too much of this passage was significant to be because I couldn't really relate. All I got was that we're suppose to be faithful to one another but more important than that, God. I learned that God would rather prefer you not to marry although it isn't sinning because you're attention gets divided between God and your husband or wife. I'm sure it could be used as an analogy for friends and dating as well.

But yeah, that's it!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am

1 Corinthians 7

In the whole chapter, it basically states how a husband and wife is one body and whatever one possesses, the other possesses as well!
Right now, this doesnt relate much at all to us but in the future we should keep this passage bookmarked so that we remmeber and apply this
passage into our own personal life when you get a wife or husband Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:45 am

So alot of this chapter spoke about sex and marraige but I wanna share my thoughts on this one verse.

35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

There are many reasons why we have restrictions in our christian walk but this one reason stuck out to me. It's so we can keep our undivided attention towards God. And if you think about it, it's really consistent in our everyday lives. A lot of the things we do in our lives have to do with sins or something that doesn't please God. And chances are, most of those things distract us in terms of focussing on God. We should all remember why we have restrictions. So that we can give God all the attention he deserves.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:49 am

Hey all... I'm feeling actually... very miserable today.

I'm ridiculously tired today and I'm still so sick... please continue to pray that I'll get better for Friday, if I can make it! My cold's getting worse and worse... but I'm definitely trusting in God for this one and sticking up with it.

A few interesting things came to MY mind as I was reading this passage. One of them was that if marriage is valued so highly, it has the potential to replace even God. Verses 32 to 35 (which Kevin mentioned) told me a lot about this:

32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— 34 and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

In a marriage, or even in a relationship involving dating of some sort, yes, you and your partner become closer and closer... which is what God calls us to do. It's that doing this more than our worship is what can lead to sin... as far as I can see. It's my reason I haven't decided to date yet, since I would look for a devoted Christian above all things, to make sure she would be on the same spiritual level as I would be. That's also why Sam might have felt it would have been better to have the no-dating rule, probably so we could focus a lot harder without any binding relationships that could make us go out of tune with God, and more likely because of this; we're still young people who haven't completely discovered God. If we say we have, I think we have a longer way to go. The 17 years or so I have so far is just a segment of what God's path for me is. I've got a longer way to go (guessing that I won't die very soon). We're still young and we're not so developed in our own faith... yet. I think Sam felt that it would be better to take more time to make our foundation strong, and then date... again, these are just my personal feelings.

It's a little late and a little short.. I'm still recovering from my illness... pray for me! Smile

Juless.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 am

noooooooooooooooo....
i just lost my devo after posting it...