Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 13 March 10

+3
josephpaik
jennifer
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 13 March 10 Empty 1 Corinthians 13 March 10

Post  Kevin Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 13 March 10 Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 13 March 10

Post  jennifer Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:50 pm

WWOOHHOOOOOO WE WON FIRST Very Happy im so happy heheheheeee
my moms gps got stolen from her car today Shocked they didnt even try to steal the car.. weirddddd
anywho! the devo!
LOVEEEEE LOVVEE LOVE
is the best. You could have a gift and you could do loads and loads of changes with those gifts, but really, without love, you gain nothing, and others gain nothing. that gift has gone to waste, you arent using it for the lord and youre not using it for yourself. nothing works without loooovee Smile
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
tehheee ^ one of my favourite passagesss I love you
11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.
i like this comarison as well, it reminds us that we are like children when compared to God and when compared to what knowledge we will gain when we go to heaven! it also emphasizes that all the knowledge in this world will become nothing as soon as we find out the full truth and knowledge, yet love will last the whole way through.
i liked this chapter cheers heheheee!
TOMORROWS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOLLLLL YESSSSSS. hahaha
have a great tomorrow guys! Wink
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:50 pm

haha im really sick......
i hope i get better soon just cause....
im awesome.

1 Corinthians 13
This chapter was mainly on faith, hope and love and how you should always have FAITH in others AND in oneself. Hope in others like they do themselves and love everyone.
This chapter is really short so i could only pick out the main point.
sorry!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

This verse really struck me, because it sums up everything about unconditional love. We all have heard the sermons about the three different loves, and how unconditional love is the best one. God gives us love all the time, but he doesn't love us because we praise him, or because we believe in Jesus, he loves us just 'cause. When we love God or Jesus, we can't expect anything back from loving him, and we shouldn't love him because he did something for us. We should love him because we can and we should love him for being God. When we love others, we should always follow these examples. Our love should never be proud, it should never keep a grudge, never want revenge, and so on. I think it is really important to love others the way God loved us, especially as a praise team.

Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

This verse is basically saying to have a lot of faith in God, serve him to our fullest, and love as much as we can. I think these are the main messages of the bible, put into one sentence. These also all co-relate. Without trust, we can't serve him, and without serving him, we cannot give love. As a praise team, we should all serve God to the fullest. We should be devoted to God and only God. To do that we need a firm faith, so have a firm faith in God. And most importantly, love.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 am

I worked out today and I feel greaaaaat Smile
and my friends going to be on some YTV show so I thought that was pretty cool and guess what.... I can sing againnnn! I swear, when that's gone.... I feel like a huge part is missing from me XD
anddddddd tomorrows the last day before march break!!! Very Happy to be honest I don't know why I'm going tmrw but that's okay... I'll have fun doing nothing... Hahahhaha

But onto devos ...

So this chapter was really easy to comprehend for me, the main thing I got was that over anything else, love is most important because no matter what we do, if we do not love others including God, then everything we do has no purpose and is just, empty.
It also talks about what love is!
This chapter reminded me of the song LOVE by jaeson ma ft. Bruno mars
it talks about the exact same message. How God IS love and how love does not envy or boast, it is kind and giving etc etc...
Let's show people our love and God's love!! Put it all out in front of us and try to love everyone even though It can probably be tough at times ~

nighttt <3
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:07 am

Hey guys... today was probably the worst day I ever had since this new year... I was stupid and lost my own house key, waiting for my brother to unlock the door, sigh... parents aren't so happy about it, obviously, and I'm pretty annoyed already. I'm not in the greatest mood and I hope for more rest. Part of this is actually due to a LOT of leading that's so needed for my school's jazz choir. The attitude is far worse than our praise team, and I'm sick of it to the point because people don't even help me out when I'm simply asking for a little bit of it... I can rant on that a little later.

I don't really have any favourite passages in this particular chapter because 1 Corinthians 13 essentially talks about love. I guess it's hard for me to be a truly loving person, I'll be honest with that. You might think that I'm a little serious at church, but I'm a lot more serious at school... more often than not really. Helping a ton with the music and math departments, some clubs, and prefects, I guess I developed my own 'authority' even though I really shouldn't have... and it haunted me a long way, reflecting on this specific chapter.

I felt that this week, I haven't loved the way I should have. I've been constantly rude and very arrogant with the things around me... although things are really messed, and having a sense of judgment, I know this, I shouldn't have still acted like I was raging... rather, I should've been calm. I guess God somehow taking away my house key made me think about how desperate I should come to God... and how often I really need to think about this relation with him.

Above faith and hope, love is definitely even more of a key. Without love, we can't bring others to Christ, which should be our lifelong mission. Without love, we can't follow Jesus properly - not just knowing what he does, but even doing what he encourages us to do.... and especially to do it all out of love.

I'm growing very tired... though looking forward to tomorrow. Peace.

- Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 am

HEY GUYS, I'M FEELING HAPPY TODAY AND THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Got lots done and I'm looking forward to the breaaak! (:

Anywaay, here's the devo!
3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
We can fool the ourselves and the people around us by acting like we care but we can't fool God. We can't expect to get approval from God if we've been faking it.

This passage was kind of short, and most of you guys said what needed to be said.
Sorry it was short!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 am

Hey guys
Sorry this devos so late
My inteernet has once again been on and off
And as of right now it is ON.
Haha I hope all of you guys are stoked for BOWLING AND EATING tomorrow hahaha
Look forward to it guys!
And Julian feel better ahahhaa

1 Corinthians 13

7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Love is often referred to God as well. God never gives up on us (every single day when we sin and practically slap him in the face), he is always faithful and is always hopeful. The last part through every circumstance really stood out to me. No matter what situation we are in God always has Faith Hope and Love for us.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Yeee Hillsongs Albums "Faith Hope Love"

Anyways, I related this verse to verse 7 because it states that the greatest of these is LOVE. The greatest is God. Out of all the things that are everlasting in our after life, God is the greatest one of them all. I was thinking how blessed we are to have these 3 great things within our lives but we take them for granted. Often times our faith is weak, and we don't love as much as we really should. If we really show these things, it'll spur on others because people will see Jesus in us by the love that we share!

See you guys tomorrow!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down