Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 3

+2
Kevin
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Do you like the new forum theme?

Galatians 3 Vote_lcap80%Galatians 3 Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Galatians 3 Vote_lcap20%Galatians 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Galatians 3 Vote_lcap0%Galatians 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Galatians 3 Empty Galatians 3

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 pm

billly, the pyramid is perfect... say that again and ill have your nuts chopped off

p.s who likes this new forum theme? i like the colors but everything looks choppy. also things are a lot slower now...

ill change it to something more smooth if a lot of people dont like it.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Galatians 3 Empty Re: Galatians 3

Post  Kevin Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm

haha yeahhhh things are a bit slower.
but i like this forum, its cool Very Happy

2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ.

I realized that some christians are so bent on following the rules.
Some christians believe that if you don't follow everything God says, you won't live an eternal life with God.
As long as we believe in Jesus, we will receive salvation, we dont have to follow rules to have eternal life.
But im not saying that live freely without rules, because rules are nice.
Before, if we ever sinned, which was bound to happen, we would be sent to hell. But Jesus changed that, the moment he died, we were saved.
So i think instead of being so concentrated on rules, give more concentration to God!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 pm

heeeey Smile
man im so tired... hahaha i chose my grade 11 courses today... and got a bunch of homework done.. LOL yes and after this i have another workout so i will post and head out Very Happy

todays chapter was sort of confusing... i didnt get any specifics from certain verses today but i think i got the overall message from the chapter. I got that nothing is possible without faith, and with that faith we cant do anything without God.Just because we follow the rules doesnt mean we are accepted by God. We are excepted as long as we have faith in God. I think this chapter is telling us to not get that concept mixed up. Just because we do good deeds doesnt mean we're going to heaven. Just because we follow the rules doesnt mean we're accepted. Faith MUST back that up, and we must walk the path WITH God because nothings possible on our own !!!

good night , and have a good friday guyssss ~
and have a good practice tomorrow!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:27 am

you guys actually like this theme? its sooo slowww

i didnt get anything specific to point out from this chapter so ill just talk about it instead of giving specific verses.

I like how it explains the perceived error in God's law and his promise. When you read the first couple of chapters, i thought the same thing. Like whats the point of the law, and did God break his promise?
Also, like i said yesterday, im glad it went deeper into the topic of sin. Its nice to be on the same topic as Sam's sermons!
The term "prisoner of sin" always makes me cringe, because its such a powerful statement, but a true one.
anywho, i had a wicked nap today, 3-8 : )

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 am

Got a new hard drive...but I am back 90$ dollars...crap. lol I made my brother in law feel so small. He was working on the crib for like an hour and he coud not make it, I come along and finish the whole thing in 20 min lol Ultimate !!

Did not get much from today's chapter, but I did like the part where it said stop trying to be perfect with human efforts. I think that this is a common misconception with our faith. People try so hard to be the definition of what they think is perfect, and they ignore God int he process, It it all too common.

that is all

c ya guys at sun!

crap OMG GOT THE CRIB IN BACKWARDS AGHHHHH!!!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:23 am

Hey guys, i think i need to have a talk with sam so i'll post after
i talk to him...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:03 am

Hey guys.
I just had the most amazing talk with one of my few christian friends from school and theres a lot on my mind right now, and i thought devos would overload me.
haha so im just gonna give myself sometime to think some stuff through and pray!
I love chick fellowship!

hahah see you all tmrw! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 am

Hey guys, so I had a talk with sam and I'm still kinda confused of What I should do
and Also had a Christian Fellowship meeting today and I think I set some good examples
for people and I actually shared my views on the bible with some other asians and i was
shocked at how people view the bible... Some people rele view the bible similar to me...

ummm this chapter was kinda hard to understand but what i got was
that the law that we follow today doesnt nessecarly go againt the bible...
The law tells us to not to muder and etc, etc... And yea murduring is bad but
the phrase "we are all prisoners of son." Rele caught me, because we cant rele
follow the law of the bible, the law that we follow today is jst like a soft version
of wat we should follow. And ofcourse like not ALL the laws are righteous but it's
saying like breaking the law isnt rele a good thing...

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Sick verses. We are all the same in god's eyes because all our bodies belong to one
person. jesus...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down