Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 7

+4
Cathy
Grace
Kevin
Isaac
8 posters

Go down

Galatians 7 Empty Galatians 7

Post  Isaac Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey guys!

Just wanted to say how great of a job you guys are doing on devos, but i wanted to mentioned that you shouldnt feel obligated to post a HUGE devo.

Post what you got from the chapter, and what you think others should know too!

I post short devos now, not because i dont spend time with God. If anything, my devos have gotten longer since i stopped posting massive ones. Its also less intimidating to read :p you know?

anywho, for those who post big ones on a regular basis, im not saying to make them shorter, im just pointing out that its not a contest to see who writes the most!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Galatians 7 Empty Re: Galatians 7

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 pm

isaac there is no such thing as galations 7 =.=
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm

haha what kevin said...
so im guessing....
own devos for today?!?

for todays devo i just wanted to share something that ive been thinking about lately..its about leadership.
We are all leaders in the Christian community. We dont have to be on a team to be labeled a "leader" We should all set examples for others and should show a positive light towards living as a christian. Whether its being on a team, praising with your arms up when no one else is and etc..today i was asked to be a leader at vision x :S SO SUDDEN. it took me off guard..and really i was more worried about "will i be a good leader" I had a lot of thoughts and worries before i went on missions. I kept thinking that I wasnt good enough... but that really isnt the case. That is why God uses us. He fills up where we lack. What is the purpose of choosing someone who is already perfect when the point is that God shows His glory and power through our weak spots. He proves to make us stronger and that with Him everything is possible.
As leaders for a worship team.. it is important that a good example is set for the rest of the congregation. None of us are perfect...obviously. We all make mistakes here and there... but God helps us improve. For example the winter retreat that just passed!!! We didnt practice as much as we should have.. esp me :S but He still helped us out a lot right ?

hope all of you are having a good week... i just got back from a workout and im super tired and soar ... LOL
plus... im getting forced to go out for rugby practice tomorrow (AT 6 30 AM WHAAAT)... which i prob wont even end up doing.. ? hahaha
wish me luck on my history test tomorrow !!! Very Happy
good night and sweet dreams everrryone <3
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Ephesians 1!

23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself

I always thought that a church would work out because of the people leading it like pastors.
But this verse made me realize that no church is complete with Christ.
Any church that didn't have Jesus would just fail.
But the reason why chuyrches work out is because Jesus is working in it.
He's always there and we sholuld never forget that and try to doubt him as least asp ossible
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:19 am

hahah great opportunity to catch up on the devos i missed last night !

14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which[b] the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world”

It’s so easy and natural for us to get cocky. Even with things where it really seems like it was US that worked hard to get somewhere, we have to recognize that at the end of the day, it was God. Every little part of our lives, exists only because God is there. So then why is it that we can think that we can boast about how incredibly sexy we are? Hahaa its important to humble ourselves and remember that all our achievements and gifts come directly from God.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am

hey guys
Jinny posted Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 on her facebook and i thought i d use it for my devos
and i was blown away by the message of it... its simple but i dont know, it just spoke to me:

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything

1 For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2 A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

if you have time, read it once...
thats my devo. It would take forever to write what i got from this passage. JUST read! yeee
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 am

Wow I have been really blinded the past few weeks. I was so only focused on how to improve myself, and What I need to do to better myself, but in that process I totally forgot and left out those I know.

Today I read 2 Chronicles 1

We Solomon asking God for wisdom and knowledge, like Solomon I asked God to give me certain things to better myself, but unlike Solomon, I was asking it for my self. Solomon asked God for Knowledge and Wisdom to lead others, and help others. I was so consumed in only bettering myself, I did not care about other people. Solomon did not want wisdom and knowledge to better himself in the views of the lord, but rather use to it to lead people to God. I think that sometimes, we lose sight of what really is important. It is fine to better yourself, but don't let that be the only reason for your time with God.

that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 am

lol sorry guys late post again i had night school for grade 12 english
I like the list isaac which was from jinny very good.
as what kevin said no galatians 7 I was kinda scared cause i thought i was the only one who didnt have that chapter in the bible.

For Today I think i will talk about my chrisitian walk because I think I went through weird ups and downs. So you guys all know that I left the praise team because I wasnt doing my devo and I was being stupid. Before I thought that doing my devo meant nothing and I was to caught up with everything and with musical stuff. I was really lost. When I left the praise team first I though it would be better for me because i got the friday off but I was soo wrong. When I left my life actually started going downwards. Nothing ever good was ever happening to me my grades were in like high 70s my parents were really pissed at me and I was soo lonely at home. My life went to the point where I was soo tired of doing anything i hated school and everything around me. And I also lost my girlfriend if you guys didnt know that already. I actually didnt know what to do. I tried praying but like it wasnt working. One day I realized I was being stupid/ there are more parts but like everyone would go crazy lol.... Anyways One day I decided again to talk to jacob and isaac which made me really happy and I found out I was missing out soo much things. I kept praying and one day I went back to the praise team and I knew I was missing so much of my life doing nothing. Then I thought back through my life and say that life isnt easy there are so many ups and down. I thought that God teaching me that devos are important and I should stay in the praise team. And now that im with you guys again im soo happy and love each and one of youuu..8====DDD

I dont know if anyone would read it kind cheesy but thats my devo for today
thanks

sexyyy
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 am

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:1

This verse is interesting, God gives us things that are pretty much good. The question is, Do we ALWAYS use it FOR good? I don't think so, the reason why God gives us all these perfect things is so that we can give it back to God, but what abotu those who don't accept Christ or those who just waste the gifts. For example, there was a guy who was great at praise and leading, but he just didn't do it. WHat a waste when he could actually be doing somethign to glorify God. Also it means to not use it against God, which means for pleasure/sin.

God has everything planned out already, but there are those shifts that happen which God doesn't like. It doesn't mean God doesn't know, he just really doesn't like it when his plan is sometimes fazed by sin.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 am

great devo steven!

ye ye ye family once again
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:16 am

Sorry for doing it late guyz...
YOYO!! me and Steven NIGHT SCHOOL! 8============D all day Man!!!

I'm SOOO RELIEVED!! I FINALLY TOLD MY MOM ABOUT MY MATH!!! YEEEEEE~
Honestly, I was expecting an AZN BEATING or kendo stick up the wrong hole but
YEEE, didnt get anything PHYSICAL!! altho my whole body's SOAR from cross country
skiing...

I found out Hosanna has a Overflow part in another Mp3 and it's SICK, i'm sending
the file to jacob. It's rele SICK...

I read 1 Peter 1 today and it's a rele good chapter,
you guys should read it too

the beginning of the chapter starts with peter praying and thanking god. but it
was the last part that rele got me... Be holy Because I am holy... We have to
strive to be like jesus... And to be honest, i think Sam is a rele good example...
Last time I talked to him, he told about stuff that he did that wasnt a rele good thing but
he said to me. U know why I'm telling you this?? It's because I want you to learn from
what I did rather than looking at me in a bad way... It was rele powerful and yea, what it's saying
is learn from jesus. Be like him... I'm not saying we should do everything sam does but
learn from him and be holy... Learn from jesus and be like him...

Also it was rele cool about how we were perishable but now we have been cleansed and
made into something that was imperishable... Tru, back then, b4 jesus was crucified, alot
of people, after commiting a sin, they were killed right aways and their souls perished into
hell. They werent given the ability to change their hearts so as soon as god knew that a
person's heart has been changed, we would take action. But now, we can change our
hearts, empty the void and refil it... That's coolios man...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down