Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 2

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Galatians 2 Empty Galatians 2

Post  Isaac Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

hi
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Galatians 2 Empty Re: Galatians 2

Post  Grace Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 am

hey guys so goooood news Very Happy IT IS OFFICIAL. i am getting my braces off... in ONE monthhhh ! wooohoooo ~~~ yeeeahhh hahahaa
also.. im screwed... i skipped science for the appointment today... and yes... we are doing something about H_____ ions... cant remembre what he said.. LOL

i got a lot from this chapter actually Smile

2But I went there because God had told me to go, and I explained the good news that I had been preaching to the Gentiles. Then I met privately with the ones who seemed to be the most important leaders. I wanted to make sure that my work in the past and my future work would not be for nothing.
From this verse, i was mainly focused on the "because God told me to go"
it reminded me of this sermon ... cant remember who spoke and where it was.. but yes it was a good semon
pretty much it gets divided 3 ways. READY. SET. and GO.
ready- we must be ready for our calling and for Jesus to come back
set- God will set us in the right direction. we all have different callings and when God calls we will be ready
go- GO IN THE PATH GOD LEADS. He will watch over and use you in great ways. do not be afraid.
these are one of those days were i go "yes! i remembered this sermon!" haha looks like i got something out of that one Smile

6Some of them were supposed to be important leaders, but I didn't care who they were. God doesn't have any favorites! None of these so-called special leaders added anything to my message.
yes, so God does NOT have favourites. We are all equal in His eyes and must all work just as hard to be accepted by Him. None of us are worthy, so should we be so proud and think that we're better than someone else because we seem "better" from human eyes?

16But we know that God accepts only those who have faith in Jesus Christ. No one can please God by simply obeying the Law. So we put our faith in Christ Jesus, and God accepted us because of our faith.
Just because we were forgiven through Jesus Christ doesnt mean we are fully accepted by God yet. Jesus' crucification was just this first step. The next part needs to come from us. Hard work, determination.. and FAITH. we need to work our way up to God. Jesus' gave us that chance to go to heaven. We need to live our lives so that we can earn that chance, take it, and live with God in His kingdom foreverrrr Smile

thats is all. haha i know it was long..
have a good day tomorrow guys !
sweet dreams I love you
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am

hello hello
braces off grace? noiceeee

"10 Their only suggestion was that we keep on helping the poor, which I have always been eager to do."
You see a lot of different kinds of homeless people on yonge and eglinton. Its something i hate, and love at the same time. It honestly hurts to see them in the cold every morning, afternoon, and at night sleeping. but at the same time it makes me reflect on what i do have and also try my best to help them. Even if its just a prayer at times, it all helps.

The chapter later talks about sin, which has been the topic in the past few weeks. i hope the next few chapters dive deeper on the topic of sin. that would be nice : )

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:32 am

18 Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down.

So galatians is going into more and more about sin and I thought that this verse was something good to reflect on.
When we sin, it's bad, When we repeat the same sins that we confessed to God, it's even worse.
Thats like us doing something bad the moment after someone tells us not to.
"If i rebuild the old system of law i already tore down" being our OLD ways of sinning.
that being that our new way would be to live a life for Jesus. But we rebuild these types of things
Everyday, we repeat our old sins and we commit new sins.
But really trying to make an effort to stop our old sins after we confessed is the best thing to do regarding what to do after we sin.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 am

So i went job hunting today! you know its funny, i HATE the idea of working in retail.. folding clothes and telling people they look good even if they don't? pft can't do it. so i ended up avoiding all the clothing stores and just went to the food places.. hahah
hahah looks good for east side mario's (there's a REALLY cute waiter there and he told me two hostess jobs are open teeehee) , this bagel place, second cup, and booster juice. now its all up to God to get me a job Smile

17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18

i like this verse because it breaks down a lot of the arugments that atheists use to try to 'disprove' the existence of God. ahha so do you guys remember that friend i mentioned in my devos a few weeks ago? the one who thinks that 210 isnt fast enough and thinks that all religious people are ignorant? So it turns out he's in my morality class. this ought to be interesting. anyways, one of the things he always says is 'well what about all those catholic priests that molest little boys'? and as much as that is highly disturbing, i hate how people generalize like that. just because we're sinners and christian people make mistakes, doesnt mean that you can make generalizations about the whole religion. just like this verse says, just because those that are justified in Christ sin, doesnt mean that God promotes sin. hmm. i will let him know tmrw Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 am

haha i want a job!
Not at Licks, but at a cafe! hmmmm...
Today was our final basketball game because we lost in the playoffs. oh well! and this is when we were just starting to get good.

21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

i liked this chapter alot, saw alot of things abotu Law and what order is in what, but this verse pretty much sums it up. We are all sinners, therefore the law is flawed as well. We will always be flawed, btu we have been saved by Christ and it is Him who lives in us now. We can't treat this gift as nothing. We have to gracefulyl devote our lives to the one who saved us. Wouldn't you owe back someone or feel liek your owe someone somethign if they saved yoru life? But this is bigger and better. God didn't only just save you, he loved you for who you are and he gave you meaning in life. The meaning in life is to live with and in God. Thats why we come to God during practcies or praise with 110% because we can't give God half of our efforts, that's meaningless. Catch my drift?

Anyway sick layotu Isaac.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 am

Hey guys, back from Night school and it's like more
boring than u think it is... HMMMM kinda regretting but i
think i can do it ALOT better cuz i can Atleast focus...
and sorry for posting late, i had some stuff to take care off...

10All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

hmmmm, ignoring people that were considered the low levels of society...
Jst today, I remember as i was obvsering my new class mates... i have to say
like all of them were Nerds of Gangsters who failed in school... some of them were
like 35 literaly and one of them was like 50 LITERALLY!! 50!! And i judged them and
looked like down at them i guess. i didnt look down on them but it was naturally in my
heart that i felt higher than them... i kne that wasnt a good thing but it jst happend...
Jst like jesus put himself the lowest of the lowest, he was able to show us something that
we wouldnt have known... We need to learn to put others above us and that's something
that we never do and automatically, we put ourselves higher than other...

THE PYRAMID IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT WE SHOULDN'T BE DOING!!!

Wow, the last part of this chapter...
CHRIST DIED FOR NOTHING!! guys, we are like taking things for granted too much...
He died cuz we were sinners and to forgive us... and We sin again, i dunt think christ
will die for us like that again... SO GUYS!! DUNT TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED!! WE ALL DO!!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down