Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 samuel 24 (oct 12)

+3
Isaac
Cathy
Grace
7 posters

Go down

1 samuel 24 (oct 12) Empty 1 samuel 24 (oct 12)

Post  Grace Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:01 pm

hey hey hey Smile
so i hope all of you guys had an AMAZINNGGGG thanksgiving sunday
i had a lot of fun yesterday Smile and also had like 3 servings of turkey... oiiiii :S

im going to do my devos early today... cause im thinking this is going to be my best time... hahaaha
so i DID get something from this chapter.

Your Majesty, why do you listen to people who say that I'm trying to harm you? 10You can see for yourself that the LORD gave me the chance to catch you in the cave today. Some of my men wanted to kill you, but I wouldn't let them do it. I told them, "I will not harm the LORD's chosen king!" 11Your Majesty, look at what I'm holding. You can see that it's a piece of your robe. If I could cut off a piece of your robe, I could have killed you. But I let you live, and that should prove I'm not trying to harm you or to rebel. I haven't done anything to you, and yet you keep trying to ambush and kill me.

i loved the heading of this chapter. in the contemporary english version it says "DAVID LETS SAUL LIVE"
i really saw david show a great amount of wisdom, compassion, and mercy. David i think had some of the most hardest, and greatest spiritual gifts. Leadership, mercy, compassion etc etc
and you know i really saw LOVE in his actions too. Saul was setting out to kill him so many times, and yet, david didnt kill saul in the chance God gave him when he cornered him in a cave. Like i wonder how saul was feeling after he heard what david was saying...
it REALLY reminded me of that story pastor Noh shared with us yesterday about that lady trying to commit suicide but in the end... had no reason for even attempting that suicide. I feel like David was in that pastors position here. He asked saul "why do you keep trying to kill me?" and saul just was like "idk....." I think that we need to show love, mercy, compassion, love in all of our actions, and before we pursure with them, we should think it over carefully and remember the reason why we're doing what we're doing. Dont just jump to conclusion.

anyways have a great day, SOOO glad that its a day off.... i needed it -.- HAHA
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 samuel 24 (oct 12) Empty Re: 1 samuel 24 (oct 12)

Post  Cathy Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:52 pm

My sleep schedule is soo messed up.. oh my oh my
anyways
I really liked this chapter, because once again DAVID IS SICKK
Despite all of the attempts that Saul has made to kill him, David finally has the chance to kill Saul in order to protect himself from any harm that Saul might try to do to him in the future.. But all he does is cut off a piece of Saul's robe, and he refuses to kill Saul, even though many people are telling him to do so.. This is because David continues to be so humble, and still recognizes Saul as his great master, who deserves his respect.. Thus we can see that David is very humble and continues to want to serve Saul, even though Saul totally doesn't deserve it.. In this way, he really puts all judgement in the hands of God.. Because from a normal person worldy perspective, one would want to take this into their own hands, and kill Saul whether out of revenge or self-defence. But David declares, "12 May the LORD judge between you and me. And may the LORD avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you. 13 As the old saying goes, 'From evildoers come evil deeds,' so my hand will not touch you. ". By doing so, he gives all judgement to God, and refuses to judge Saul and act in his judgement. What a great man. I hope that we can all do the same.. Obviously we all go through times when people hurt us, act in evil wrongdoings against us, and naturally we are inclined to judge them and seek revenge or compensation.. But let's remember David's example and stop ourselves from judging the person ourselves, for no one has that authority but God. So let's lift it all up to him, cause God will do a better job at taking care of that person than we would..

Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm

"Saul went into a cave to relieve himself. But as it happened, David and his men were hiding farther back in that very cave!"
RULE NUMBER 7: NO SACKING WHILE POOPING

gosh...
so mean...

i didnt get much
i honestly dont think ive gotten anything from this book... maybe im not reading hard enough

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 pm

i also ddnt get alot.

but Davids a nice guy ahah. he didnt kill saul because he knew it wasnt right.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 am

lol... Hey guys, my stomach is gonna expload... For some reason, i can tell i'm going to have an
AMAZING week, plus i'm going to be super early this friday...

I learned something from this chapter... As david saw revenge right infront of his face,
he decided not to kill saul... God tested david and david definetly passed... Revenge might be
sweet but we should resist our temptation... god said to love your enemies... and david showed
compassion to saul...We all might have people that we might not like but we still need to
show each other love...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:02 am

Came back from Turkey, and I gained 2.3 Kg

um did not get much form today's chapter but I learned to be thankful for everything not only on certain days but everyday. Thank God for the little things for some people do not even have the littlest of things you have. Be humble and give back

k that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:14 am

Yo its tuesday. i hope you guys are studying your butts off! I sure am ugh.
Anyway, I got alot fomr this chapter.

Remember when Saul disobeyed God earlier in the chapters, but in this case, David obeys God and listens to his instructions, which pleases Him. He trusted in the Lord, and knew that God would protect him. He was MORE afraid of disobeying God then he was of Saul killing him. Got me thinking of listening to God more and acknowledging his scripture more too.
Also, David mentions LORD over 10 times. This is because he says this is all the LORDS doing, He told me to do this, to do that. David didn't do any of the things by himself alone, he did it through God. It's something i'm trying to learn how to do more consistently. Trying to put God, not first, but the center of my life, so he's part of everythign i do.
David shows God's characteristics of mercy when he spares Saul's life. He could've had a chance to run, to kill Saul, but instead he spares him and faces him with God behind him all the way. Something Saul failed to do. God was behind David as a SUPPORTER while Saul chose to put God as an OBERSVER

Make God your foundation.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down