Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 14

+2
Cathy
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 14 Empty 1 Samuel 14

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 pm

bounce
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 14 Empty Re: 1 Samuel 14

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:37 pm

sryy i missed devos yesterday.
i have no excuse

1 Samuel 13

So for this chapter I didn't get too much but I read that Saul didn't keep Gods order. He went out for war and he ended up being hopeless. He had lots of soldiers before but he ended up with 600 and they were weaponless. See we hear alot that God gives and takes away. And that's true because look what happened to Saul. When God gives, it's great. When he takes, we get owned. So I'm gonna try to make sure he doesn't have to need to take.

1 Samuel 14

I didn't get anything from this chapter. This chapter was more confusing then the other one. Saul made some random oaths which were really unnecessary.

SEE U GUYS FRIDAY!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Hey guys! i think i might be on the verge of being sick. i just need to pump my bodies with vitamin c and ginseng.. i had a 3 hr nap today.. it was greatttt Smile

But anyways I didn't get a lot from this chapter.. But we do see that Johnathan attacked the Philistines while trusting God, and this trust allowed him to come out victorious, for God's hand was with them as they achieved victory. We see a bit of conflict of interest between Johanathan and Saul, especially with the whole ordeal with the honey..
haha wow thats all i got for today.

but have a good day everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:09 pm

OMG. today was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold .
wonder if its going to be like this tomorrow :S
man i didnt want to get out of bed this morning... my bed was so warm..... and then i had to get out of it so i could walk into the freezing cold hall of my freezing cold house because my dad said "dont worry, we dont need the heater on...." PSSHHHHH LOL

okay so this was a confusing chapter... but i actually got some things in this one....

16Saul's lookouts at Geba [h] saw that the Philistine army was running in every direction, like melted wax. 17Saul told his officers, "Call the roll and find out who left our camp." When they had finished, they found out that Jonathan and the soldier who carried his weapons were missing. 18At that time, Ahijah was serving as priest for the army of Israel, and Saul told him, "Come over here! Let's ask God what we should do." [i] 19Just as Saul finished saying this, he could see that the Philistine army camp was getting more and more confused, and he said, "Ahijah, never mind!" 20Saul quickly called his army together, then led them to the Philistine camp. By this time the Philistines were so confused that they were killing each other.

okaaaaayyyyyyyyy so i thought this was like a slap in the face for God. Saul said to Ahijah "lets ask God what we should do!" and then seeing how the soldiers were confused... he was like "never mind". NEVER MIND? thats like saying "wait... no we dont need God for this, i got it under control." We never have it under control. We often tend to think that WE can do anything... what goes right was all us, when something looks good we think "thats MY cue" but its really not. Like how would any of it be possible without God? If God didnt allow it... could we really win without Him? Saul doesnt seem to rely on God too much at this point, he thinks that he can handle it. But we DO need to rely on God.... a lot. We need to realise that we need God so much more than we can imagine and that every little desicion, everything we do, should be shared with God and we need to know what He wants us to do.

23-24So the LORD helped Israel win the battle that day.

But still, God came through for Saul. Like if you think about it, if God wasnt on Saul's side... if He didnt come through for Him... there would have been no victory with Saul's power alone. No matter what... even when we THINK that we dont need God for a situation..... He still comes through for us, He loves us so much, that He still wont turn on us and will show us victory. But we shouldnt take that for granted either.

this week is going by fast Smile
tomorrows thursday, weeks almost overrrrr~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:03 pm

oh man... i studied for like a million hours... my eyes are actually buzzing. i read it but ill post later when i can focus..
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:05 am

lol really letting it grow! So I am in the dirty viet phase, and need to wait 1 more week to get the full around beard...wow can't believe i let it grow for this long. Please bear with me guys ...don't give up on me lol

Wow adding sin to sin. It was no one's fault but Saul's. He made his army to make a foolish promise with him, and then he threatens those who will break his promise. If you do something stupid don't add people into you misery becasue it's going to get worse and worse. Jonathan didn't do anything bad, anything sinful, but becasue of Saul bad judgment more people got involved i.e. his own son. If someone wants you to do something and you know
that in no way it's going to help or glorify God say no. It's the hardest thing to do especially with your friends,but we have to learn to say no, and explain why.

k that is all for today guys

c ya
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ALLAN SHAVE
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:00 am

i loved jonathon's trust in God. SO SICK. he just said if God does this then we'll win and that's exactly what he did.
God works, it's as simple as that. He works when you believe! i kind of feel bad for Saul, but at the same time not. I'm sure there has been times where we panic and the first thing we look to is Not God. We look to our resources we can actually communicate, touch with. Usually when all fails then we "pray" to God. FORGET THAT. God should be not first, btu the center! I'm makign this VERY clear, when God is the center of our life, he is our priority, thus under all cicumstances we will trust in him. Don't just put God first, but let all things REVOLVE around him!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down