Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 15 (Oct 1)

+2
Grace
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 15 (Oct 1) Empty 1 Samuel 15 (Oct 1)

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:45 pm

I like men, i love men, i actually like men over women
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 15 (Oct 1) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 15 (Oct 1)

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 pm

When samuel said what does God like better? For saul to sacrifice animals or his obedience. That made alot of sense because the animals can be used as burnt offerings and that sometimes could come in handy but God would rather them not be used for burnt offerings if he wanted obedience first. So i'll really try to obey God and his rules because that's wat he wants!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 pm

haha okay so today was an off day , and it felt really long...
Isaac already knows... but today i went through the whole day up to period 5 writing "sept 31" ON ALL OF MY WORK. and then i found out that it was oct 1.... WOW FAIL. LOLLLLLLLL

so its FREEZING outside.
i thought it was cold yesterday..... the temp is single digit Sad

so in this chapter i got bits and pieces here and there.

The LORD had me choose you to be king of his people, Israel. Now listen to this message from the LORD: 2"When the Israelites were on their way out of Egypt, the nation of Amalek attacked them. I am the LORD All-Powerful, and now I am going to make Amalek pay! 3"Go and attack the Amalekites! Destroy them and all their possessions. Don't have any pity. Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies. Slaughter their cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys."

God doesnt lie when He says that He's going to do something. Like we need to be patient, and it may not be in our lifetime, but God will defend us and will punish those who make us suffer .

note. saul was given a task

17Samuel continued, "You may not think you're very important, but the LORD chose you to be king, and you are in charge of the tribes of Israel. 18When the LORD sent you on this mission, he told you to wipe out those worthless Amalekites. 19Why didn't you listen to the LORD? Why did you keep the animals and make him angry?"

Saul didnt obey God. AGAIN. I got the same thing from this piece of the chapter as i did yesteday. Obey God.

10The LORD told Samuel, 11"Saul has stopped obeying me, and I'm sorry that I made him king."

i think this is the first time, i actually read God regretting something He had done......... theres always a reason for something. And God makes everything happen for a reason.... but this part sort of confused me and took me by surprise.

I loved this chapter. 1 Samuel is a good book. I see a lot of things that are important in a relationship with God. Trust, obedience, faith, listening ears, yearning heart, curiosity for more......

have a good day guys!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:01 am

Hey guys, I lost internet connection for a few days soo hahaha, couldn't post it but i still did my devos with my MOM'S KOREAN BIBLE!!! I was sooo hard to understand but after I done reading and got the jist of wat the chapter was saying, RIGHT BESIDE ME WAS KOREAN ENGLISH BIBLE!!! I WASTED AN HOUR AND A HALF FOR NO REASON WATSOEVER!!! But i think it was worth u kno, getting my korean back... haha

This chapter was a pretty powerful chapter. God sent an order to saul to go destroy the amaleks completly, even to all the crops, animals and children. So saul was given the order but saul did not listen to god but did something that he felt like doing... He let the king of amalek live as a prisoner and took a few animals to sacrifice. As soon as saul did that, god told samuel and he was furious. Saul didn't kno wat he was doing was wrong untill samuel told him... Saul felt rele guilty for doing wat he did so he prayed to god. At the same time, saul and the israelites were giving god a very difficult time. In the end, it says god felt rele sorry to the israelites for making saul a king but he didn't do anything about it because that was wat the israelites wanted... The life lesson in this chapter is that we may sin without even noticing so be more careful about wat you do, because all the things that u do is for god and god knows everything that u do. even the things that u are doing without knowing...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:18 am

im done data homework. So i thought it would be a nice break to do devos Smile

"11 “I am sorry that I ever made Saul king, for he has not been loyal to me and has refused to obey my command.” "
Sometimes its hard to grasp that our God cries. We read Isaiah, and we got a different side to God. A lot of times hes telling people what to do or disciplining them, but in his heart like all of ours, he cries. The shortest sentence in the Bible is "Jesus wept". I STRONGLY believe that its no coincidence. God could have easily wrote the Bible to say like "He left" as the shortest line but the shortest is "Jesus wept". I dont know about you, but for me i think long and hard everytime i hear that line. Jesus cried, not out of pain but for us. Like a parent crying FOR his child.
If there is one thing that connects two people its pain and love. Pain gives feeling of vulnerability and need of something to fill the void, most people turn to either more pain or love. Love is offered by God. Theres a reason why people go to God during the worst of the worst times.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 am

hey guys, i'm actually exhausted. uggggh. Anyway i got what you guys pretty much did.
Obedience is what God really wants. Cause when you obey him, you're kind of giving your life to him saying let me follow you.
i'm sooo tiredd!
excited for tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:34 am

I am done~ This week was ridiculous in terms of work load.
Wow English class is getting depressing. We are learning about misery, death, etc.
History class in getting amazing as we are learning about the protestant reformation. Wow the church was selling indulgences (certificates) to forgive sins, to finish building the st peter's church.
inappropriate gasp in class

Wow Agag got shanked by Samuel

Obedience

God wants obedience, and this is becoming a pattern. You don't know what is best for you or others. What good are offering if it means going against God's commands. There is no good in them! No point! We like to think that we have authority or know more than God for a moment, but the moment you do you are asking for trouble, especially if you influence the people around you. Since when are your words greater than God's. Listen and than Do! God made it simple for us, we just have to be obedient and do what he says, but we are sinful people, and we become lazy and self-concerned.
Just do it! Don't worry guy!

lol

k c ya guys tomorrow
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down