Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 15

5 posters

Go down

June 15 Empty June 15

Post  JacobPk Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 am

What is Worship?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

June 15 Empty Re: June 15

Post  JacobPk Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:17 pm

Denise did her devos. Said forum didn't work!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm

i have to study so im just going to tell u i read it
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 pm

i read epishians 4
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey Everyone!

Hope you've all been having great starts to your weeks, and haven't had your brains turned into mush just yet from exams, hahaha.

Today I read Psalm 27 where David is calling out to the Lord for strength from his oppressors, and such.

One particular verse stood out to me, in all its simplicity:
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

It reminded me of that Sunday School song where it's like....Wow, I can't remember how it goes, haha. But it's something along the lines of how sometimes God just asks you to wait for His answer because it'll all happen in His time - such profundity for teeny tots! Hahaha. Anyways, this verse gives me a lot of strength. Sometimes things will happen in a person's lifetime that we cannot necessarily understand, but this is when we have to exercise faith and trust that the Lord is behind it, the Lord will see us through it, and the Lord will explain it all to us in the end. In His time. We just have to wait.

In the meantime, you can be confident that you can find strength and hope in God, as well.

That's all from my end. Hope you all have wonderful CHOO CHOO CHOOSDAYS! Smile
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 pm

LALALALALA plan on skipping 3rd and 4th tmrw to study so im done school as of noon tmrw! woot woot!
except now i have exams.. haha oh man
anyhoo i read JAMES4 today and i really liked the last section, called "boasting about tmrw"

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

This verse sort of made me feel really stupid. haha.. We spend SO MUCH of our time whether 1. planning out what we're gonna do in the future (near or far)
or 2. freaking out about the fact that we dont know what we're gonna do in the future. I do the second one a lot. im sure many of you have heard me during one of my freakouts saying "i have no direction in life" or "what am i doing with my life?" haha
But these verses really put everything into perspective for me. Verse 14 reminds us that we dont even know what's gonna happen tmrw. this humbles us in knowing that we have such little power over the course of events or the future - in the big scheme of things, we really aren't that significant in this world.. But the world, events, time. all of these things just sort of sweep us up and we just sort of become a part of the mist that vanishes. So really it's not what we think we should be doing or how we envision our lives.. Becuase if it is against God's will, its not gonna happen anyways and we're going to lose. Instead, with humbled hearts that accept that everything is up to God, we should reallly lift up tomorrow to him. God is the one that has his master plan of what he wants to do with our lives.. So why settle for less? Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 am

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great day and are surviving through exams. I remember when I was in high school and had exams...I didn't talk to ANYBODY during the week (well, except for gr.12) or did anything else but study...So I was a big nerd. Haha, but I guess that's why I don't have a lot of friends from high school now. Anyway, why am I being so sad?

I read Psalm 28 today. It's an interesting Psalm...I wish I knew the context of it. David was praying so desperately. He asked God for help and mercy and said that he'd rather die than to be turned a deaf ear against by God. Imagine that, huh? God is our source of help and mercy. He is ALWAYS here. But if he turned a deaf ear on me, I don't know what I'd do. That's a scary thought. A few verses later, David gives praise for what God has done...as if all his problems were solved within the few minutes that he wrote this Psalm. Maybe he was taking a break from writing it b/c he was so frustrated with his problem, but God answered his prayer right away? I don't know! But it reminded me of personal times of struggle. There are times when you begin to just pray cause you're so frustrated and because there's absolutely nothing you CAN do about what you're going through. But halfway through the prayer you realize that although God seems so far away, he's right beside you. You still don't have an answer or a solution, but you just have this peace with you that transcends all understanding. "The Lord gives his people strength. He is a safe fortress for his anointed king."

God is always with us.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content