Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 20

3 posters

Go down

June 20 Empty June 20

Post  JacobPk Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:02 am

God is love. a Relational God. We need to show the same love amongst ourselves.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

June 20 Empty Re: June 20

Post  JacobPk Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:04 am

I was wondering what verse to do today and i decided to do Proverbs because of missions and stuff.
ALso why do we stop posting on saturdays and sundays? haha. tskk.

Proverbs 16:3Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.

I have a feeling we haven't been praying enough, not just missions, but praise team and in general we haven't been. How many times do you pray to God, let alone think about Him? I think we can all say there isn't ever ENOUGH. If we put everything we have, desire, need and what is to accomplish into God's hands, he would provide FOR SURE. Remember we're doing this for God, not for anyone else, in the end it's to glorify God, so if we don't have our hearts with God, then it's not needed anywhere else, it's pointless. BUT if you put everything into him, God will make way, just have faith and know that he can answeer. Just like Joe's devo, call and he'll give it to you.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:09 am

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?”- Mark 8:36
thats the verse of the day.
I was thinking over it, and i was thinking of situations where this would apply. I wondered if you could have both the "world" and God. But i guess that question comes down to what we define as the world. People always say that "this isnt our world" and stuff, but then why would God make it? Sure there are sins and temptations in this world but isnt it for us to enjoy?

anywho... see you guys tomorrow!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:36 am

HOLLA,

I started reading timothy 1 today, because it's Paul giving letters of advice to young Timothy. I thought there could be a lot to learn from this interaction, and I could consider myself a bit of Timothy, because I know that Paul is a man of such wisdom and there's a lot to be learned from his word.

Timothy 1

1. The first part that stuck out to me is when Paul extends his gratitude for God's mercy by saying:

15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. 16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners.

As most of you may know, Paul used to be a great persecutor of Christians before God came to him and as much as this verse was personally specific to how Paul felt, I think we can all relate. How powerful is that? "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - and I am the worst of them all". Paul may consider himself the worst, and the world might look at him that way too, given his record of persecuting Christians, but all sin has equal measure in God's eyes, so we technically could all validly consider ourselves 'the worst'. I think the minute we can begin to think about it in such a drastic way, it becomes all the more humbling, and we find all the more to be so thankful to God for.

2. 18 Timothy, my son, here are my instructions for you, based on the prophetic words spoken about you earlier. May they help you fight well in the Lord’s battles.

This verse just reminded me of how powerful our knowledge of the Word can be, because it's our knowledge of God that will help us in "fighting the Lord's battles". That's also a good way to think of it. As a "societal missionary", you never have control over what obstacles are going to come your way in the fight for God, but you have full control of the preparation you put into it. Are you going to fight with sticks or with brandished swords?

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down