Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 16

+2
Isaac
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

June 16 Empty June 16

Post  JacobPk Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 am

ARe you guys living a life of worship now?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

June 16 Empty Re: June 16

Post  Isaac Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Proverbs 15:
"a gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare."
When Sam talked to jacob, hannah, denise and i about being "transparent" it really got me thinking. A major point he wanted to make out was when we do confront each other, its with kind words and not out of anger.
Thats all i got from this chapter.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Romans 15:5

5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,

This is one of my favourite verses. All struggles, all moments of joy should be shared amongst our team. In order for us to become stronger, we must ENCOURAGE and endure together. If one person falls, we don't leave them, instead we learn to pick them up. It's what Jesus would do.
I want us to continue to encourage, and to endure everything that is given to us. Through this, we may acknowledge each other and become more united. i really like the theme "I Heart Revolution", it's a project Hillsongs United is doing, and their mission is to change the world and to share God's glory. Let's mix our hearts as one and accomplish what we need to do. Let's grow, laugh, cry, work as not just a team, but a family!
We're responsible and we get the privilege of affecting others lives. Let's make the best of it!

fighting brothers!
Exams exams exams...
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 pm

SUNSHINE.

one more exam to go. is it possible to be exempt from exams by making the argument that they are a health concern for me? i'm pretty sure they lead me to chronic over-eating. i have like 500 meals a day, during exam season. hahaha.

anyways.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

especially during my times of stress, i try to look up verses that will pair well with how i feel so as to soak up as much as i can from the scripture that day, since i can relate so well.

not only is this verse quite a well-known one, with a permanent place in handel's messiah, but it's a very powerful one. here is where we see our God as such a compassionate father. i know that in past weeks of sermons, we've had the opportunity to view our God in a way that emphasizes His sense of equity by punishing those that have sinned, and in stark contrast to that, this verse illustrates the same God who is also willing to take every burden off of our shoulders. from my interpretation, He is suggesting that we exchange our burdens with His yoke, for when we carry Him on our shoulders, instead of the world, the going is far easier.

it challenges me, once more, to never try to face the world on my own, but to ask for His yoke, in its place.

hope all your weeks are going wonderfully! and good luck to those with exams!

- h
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:03 am

I read Isaiah 43 today and learned about expecting great things from God. I feel that, sometimes, we underestimate God's powers and think that some things are just impossible for Him to accomplish. However, God makes a way when it seems as if everything is blocking us. When we are struggling, God provides us with a solution. When we are in need of new ideas, God will give us the intelligence and creativity to come up with them. I basically learned from this chapter that we cannot fathom God's unlimited power and miracles.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:46 am

im an idiot and posted on the wrong day
heres my devos for today

Proverbs 15:15-18

"All the days of the oppressed are wretched,
but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.
Better a little with the fear of the Lord
than great wealth with turmoil.
Better a meal of vegetables where there is love
than a fattened calf with hatred.
A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension,
but a patient man calms a quarrel."

This passage is all about attitude! A lot of the times it seems that it doesnt really matter what we have or what situation it is - our happiness isnt determined by our circumstances, but the coindition of our hearts, with which we look upon our circumstances. When we have cheerful hearts, fear of the Lord, love, and patience we can achieve so much more happiness than people with wealth or riches. hhahah this is why spoiled kids are often more miserable. IN YO FACEE.
And whats especially important is that a lot of the itmes, we cant change whats around us. We cant change the fact we only have veggies to eat while our neighbours have a fat cow (haha taking examples from the verse, ofcousre). And maybe to apply it to our lives rihgt now, we cant change the fact that we have to write exams and we're busting our butts. haha but within these situations we can really find the peace and contentment (is that a word?) that lies innately within us. So as I hit the books again (or maybe ramyun first) I think im really gonnna try to have a more postivie attitude towards this.
School is done in 4 days! cant wait!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:14 am

Psalm 37

It is better to be godly and have little
than to be evil and rich.
For the strength of the wicked will be shattered,
but the Lord takes care of the godly.

Sometimes we want so much. Even though we're taught to be godly and not worldly, it's hard because we do live in this world, and we're bound to be worldly. The world never guarantees success or happiness. It tempts you to act impulsively and to put God aside to achieve your short-term goals and pleasures. But life is meant to be long-term. Life is meant to be lived eternally, not just for 70-80 years.

There will be times when it will be tempting to not trust in God and take what's in front of you, but be patient, because like David said, the Lord always takes care of the godly. Who can be against us if He's for us?

Have a great Wednesday!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content