Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 18

5 posters

Go down

June 18 Empty June 18

Post  JacobPk Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:02 am

As Leaders, do you guys Pray enough?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

June 18 Empty Re: June 18

Post  JacobPk Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:20 pm

prayed: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

THE TIME IS NOW.......

haha what are we waiting for? Let's stand, confess to our GOd that we will live to love him, and we will also glorify him by reaching unto others.
Of course it's easier said than done, but who cares?
Why does it matter? and WHEN did it ever matter? WHy can'tr we just tell people that we love God? and that He is the reason why we live?
i'm hoping that through praise and leadership we can impact our church and then our church can cause a chain!
Wouldn't that be SO SICK.
I've been doing alot of thinking for this retreat and the best way WE can impact oru congregation is if WE ARE really worshiping. That we show we can love, offer devotion and a whole SLEW of Things.
SO let's give it our best!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:18

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Haha.
I think this is SO important for us to remember on a daily basis. The whole world has an idea for what "Christianity" is, as entire countries finds themselves participating in our Christian holidays, like Christmas and Easter, on an annual basis, whether or not everybody serves our God. So to proclaim the goodness of God is nowhere near enough to allow people to understand Him, because everyone thinks they've heard it all before. Rather, we need to allow our actions to distinguish us from everybody else. Allow our actions to be the truth. And I realized it's far beyond just being "nice" on a regular basis, because whole groups of non-believers are "nice". It's allowing God's wisdom and Christ-like qualities to transcend into the way you live your life. So for example, even if somebody has done something really silly that even a "nice" person would blow up about, remember the Christ that gave second chances to the prostitutes and tax collectors, and approach them with an open heart when no one else will.

That being said, it's still great to love with words, but only if they're accompanied by corresponding actions! Smile

STOKED FOR TOMORROW!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 am

I read Romans 8 today, and a particular verse is about God giving up His precious Son in order to save the sinful people that we all are. Then, the passage went on to say that, since God even sacrificed His Son for our sake, why wouldn't He bless us with everything, even the little things. Basically, this week, I've been realizing that it doesn't hurt to expect great things from God because He is so capable of providing us with so much. So long as we live our lives with Him by our side and trust Him with everything, God will not stop in his endless grace and blessings for us.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:47 am

hey guys... i couldnt find anything that stuck out to me today. However, i did get the Bible on my blackberry... its made very well. it even has the NLT version : )

cya
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:49 am

Everyone's been using these emoticons, so I'm gonna try it out (although by me saying all that it defeats the purpose of using them but...oh well. I talk too much sometimes. pig I like this one. I don't know why.

I read Ephesians 3 today.

I really liked this one verse: "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

I want to rewrite that verse like this: "God is able to accomplish infinitely more than we might as or think."

Sometimes we ask for things. Sometimes we don't ask, but have certain expectations in our heads. Do you ever have that moment though, when God just gives you things that you don't ask for, or gives you something way beyond your expectations? It's too bad though, cause a lot of these moments go unnoticed. That's why it seems more like God isn't listening to us, because we usually pay attention to the times that God doesn't give us things, rather than the times that God graciously gave us so much. And what is grace? It's giving without expecting anything in return. We usually lack in terms of what we give God. Yet, we still want so much.

Remember that God can achieve an infinite number of things. Don't underestimate him, but rather pick out the little moments where he was there for you. When you are complaining about why everything sucks, he's already planned a million good things for you.

Pray until something happens.

Roh

ps. Why is Denise's picture of Grace? It's Grace, right?
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:49 am

YO ISAAC

was the Bible on your berry free?

What's it called? Let me know if it's good.
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down