Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 20th

5 posters

Go down

May 20th Empty May 20th

Post  Isaac Mon May 18, 2009 6:43 pm

jo momma
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

May 20th Empty Re: May 20th

Post  dennis Wed May 20, 2009 4:54 pm

So this morning, I got a pleasant text from jacob reminding me to do my devos. My computer wasn't letting me post earlier in the day, but it works now SmileSmile

I read Job 32 today, and learned about the false reputation society gives to the older and wise. Elihu, in this chapter, talked about how age does not speak for someone's wisdom. Rather, "the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty gives him understanding." For the past few weeks, I've been thinking about how I've been influencing other people's lives and how my opinions have brought about new ideas. Basically, I've realized that it's hard but not impossible to speak up to people that seem to be more experienced and more intelligent than me. This devo might be a little random for you guys, but today's passage really hit home and I learned that experience, marks, age and reputation do not determine our wisdom. When we work for the benefit of God, all of us are considered wise.

This passage also made me think about our perception of those people who accepted Christ not so long ago. I feel that I once underestimated or looked down on these people as "inexperienced" or "new". This chapter was humbling because it showed that, no matter where you are in your walk with God, you cannot be compared to another Christian in God's eyes.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed May 20, 2009 11:06 pm

Romans 15: 5-6
“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
This was on biblegateway.com as their verse of the day. I really like this verse because it really embodies what our team should stand for. We worship God. God= endurance. God= encouragement. Our team should encourage more and more. And it goes on to say "spirit of unity". Our team hasnt been a team of "unity" but all that will change soon... very soon... : ). And that all leads to "with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father..." Which sums up nicely what our team is meant to do... PRAISE!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu May 21, 2009 12:13 am

sick guys!
8===D

yo i would liek to post this up again!
P - Prayer Warriors. I want us to be spiritual leaders who puts God first, and in the center of our lives, that way we can lead without shame, pride, and just with a worshipful Heart. If you're relationship with GOd isn't going up , then you're going down!

R - Risk Takers - I want us to be a team where we are willing to take risks! Hannah and Denise as you go off you to Uni, you'll probably be faced with more challenges, but will you be able to step otu of your comfort zone? ALso as a praise team , we need to take more risks because God will always be there to catch us when we fall!

A - Authenticity. Our praise, our worship needs to be from our hearts and God can really see where your worship comes from. He doesn't want part of you, he wants ALL of you. Remember, Real worship IS WORSHIP. if you're partially worshiping, it's not REALLY worship.

I - Initiative. What does it mean to be a leader? This ties in with Risks. We as leaders need to step up in every way, muscially spiritually and etc. How can we lead the congregation if we're not in front? Remember, we're taking initiative to lead the ocngregation, but at the same time worshiping with them!

S - Smile - God is smiling whne you smile. Smile because GOd gave you this gift, when you smile from the heart, it really means something. You can only benefit form smiling. As leaders, we need to show the ocngregation that we are HAPPY that we have Jesus and we get to show that we can have fun praising him. You can encourage with Smiles, lift people up, and just do amazing things with SMILES Smile

E - Encouragements. I hope that we will become a famiyl that encourages, that we will be a family where we can go to each other for comfort, and etc. Encouragements is what keeps a team going and helps the building of the team. A simple high five is better than none. Don't encourage to make yoruself feel better, do it because it glorifies God. You're bringing heaven into someone's life when you encourage!

Just a reminder of what we as leaders need to achieve!
Lates

E -
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu May 21, 2009 12:17 am

HOLLABACK GIRLLLL,

1 Timothy 4:11
Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

I liked these verses because I though it was really relevant to our team and all the leaders in our Hi-C ministry. When we first found out Sam was leaving, I think God was presenting us with a challenge to either rise up to the occasion or play the age card and lie around, depending on everyone else to make things happen. I'd like to believe that we accepted Paul's words as he speaks them here, and made sure that our young age wouldn't hinder us from doing what we do best, and we continued to try to make Sunday services great, if not better! I'd just like to say that I'm really proud of each and every one of you for stepping up to the plate like that, and would also like to encourage us to continue along the same path of a pursuit for greatness. We're the next generation, and sometimes I feel like there's nothing more inspiring than a young group of believers. As Paul commands, let's continue to build ourselves up to be great examples to believers and non-believers, regulars and new-comers alike, studying the Scripture and allowing our actions to speak of the condition of our hearts.

I also like how he says not to neglect your gifts. I'm pretty sure when God made each one of us, He didn't decide all our specific characteristics and gifts by pulling words out of a hat, but He crafted us with such perfect intent. Therefore, it's our responsibility to pursue our gifts to the best of our ability. Let's continue to encourage each other to be the best that we can be, through what He's given us! Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu May 21, 2009 12:20 am

Going to leave it up to fate... by flipping the bible open to a random page and doing a devo on the first thing I see
here goes~

Daniel Chapter 3
This Chapter was about King Nebuchadnezzar erecting (haha) a gold statue of himself and ordering all the people of Babylon to worship the statue and thus the king.
Three Jews defy the kings orders, and remain faithful to God.
King Nebuchadnezzar becomes furious with them and throws them into a furnace, heated up 7 times hotter than usual.
The soldiers who carry the three Jews to the furnace die because of the heat - softies...
The three Jews, however, are seen jumping around the furnace with another figure - Jesus maybe
Nebuchadnezzar becomes humbled by the miracle and worships God.

This chapter is about being humble and not worshiping yourself and/or forcing others to worship you; no matter how gangsta your name is (Nebuchadnezzar... what up?)
On the side, I felt like this Chapter was also about your pride hurting the ones near you - the soldiers died... =[
And God finds the most subtle yet dramatic ways to change people...
Also, don't let pride get in the way of what's obvious - the king worshiped the God of the three Jews after seeing the miracle instead of denouncing the miracle as witch/gypsy trickery.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down