Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 20th

+3
Cathy
Kevin
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Sept 20th Empty Sept 20th

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:15 pm

what i got most from todays sermon from Gil was when he said that being christian isnt going to be easy, but it isnt going to be boring. We often hear the "isnt easy" part from sam but i never heard the "it isnt going to be boring part". but its sooo true isnt it?

ye ye

have a good week guys!
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Sept 20th Empty Re: Sept 20th

Post  Kevin Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:33 pm

MAnn Gil shared a really good sermon. I liked the part where he said Have fun worshipping God. That made me think Christianity isn't one of those religions that are boring. It's a balanced religion to serve God and also to have fun. All of us are in the praise team and I think we all joined cuz we like playing insturments. It's fun to play guitar, drums piano and everything but at the same time it's our way to worship. So Gil said just cuz we're worshippnig God it doesn't mean it has to be all boring. He said have fun doing it.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Hey guyss!
kk so today we had an awesome speaker with a spanish accent, it was great =)
I remember him talking a lot about the pressures that we face in high school - and he was talking about how because he made the decision to live for God before, when he was in jr. high, that the hard decisions were easier to make, and it was easier to b e a Christian (although it isn't in any way, EASY. )
I think the same thing applies for us when we go to university.. And im sure the temptations will just get much worse when we go to university.. So lets take advantage of the time taht we have in highschool to strengthen our faith, so that we can be as strong and as faithful as possible when we go off into the land of residences and dorm parties..
esp for our grade 12s!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 am

yah i liked what you guys all mentioned and i agree!

one thing i remember was when he said" you'll go straight when you understand and balance God's LOVE and being fearful of God.
It's like your dad or mom, you know they love you, but you also get scared when you do something wrong, because you know what their reaction will be. kind of similar in a sense.

NO SLEEEEP.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:21 am

It was nice to have Gil to preach for us today! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

I really liked the part when he said we have to balance out the love and the fear. I think fear is a emotion that naturally comes from love. You know when you love someone so much so start to fear the moment when you've hurt them. You can't really truly fear someone unless you have shared loved with them. I think love can amplify someone's sense of fear, becasue you know you did something wrong to damage the love. So balance people lol.

I also liked it when he said it was an adventure. It really is and it really is similar to a roller coaster ride, you either enjoy the ride, or regret ever going on it in the first place, cause like it or not, the roller coaster will continue to move.

Oh man morning psychology class meditation...great...

k c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 am

lol, today was a interesting sermon... The guy that went to missions with suji and deborah, i forgot he's name, oh yea, Gill... He was an awsome guys... i found he's testimony very interesting... Altho he's whole story had lots of messages, I heard a great example of what we should be like to be build a stronger relationship with god... Gill obviously didn't have the easiest time as he was growing up... When he was young, lots of he's siblings passed away and also, he's mother left him. Fortunately, he met up with her again... The fact that Gill was still very faithful to god in a situation filled with drama and all the hard times in life rele touched me... He didn't know english, he only had a mother, and lots of friends to communicate with and when ever he was having a hard time, he prayed... I kno sometimes, during my hard times, i was sooo angry at god that i didn't even pray to him. But we should all learn to stay faithful to god... in the end, god gave him something rele great. He has a lovely family, and he's even privilaged to go to missions every now and then. i rele do look up to Gil and he taught me something great...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:05 pm

man so bummed i missed this sermon... sounded really interesting Very Happy

so today its raining + im sick = bringing down my mood -.-

so nkpc's youth is ALL first gens now...
ive never seen so many vnecks and vests, perm and red hair in one place in my life
everyone i know is gone.... oldies

but @ nkpc pastor jessica ok really gave us a quick but good sermon
she talked about how God is so much bigger than we can imagine
and in this HUGEEEE universe that we are in, He loves us and provides for us. We're like specks to Him but He cares for us, even though we do bad things, He never leaves us

and she summed it all up

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

God = love (as we all know)
and if you replace the word Love with God it makes sense

God is patient, God is kind. He does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud..... etc etc

its what we should be
if we all strived to be more like this, and loved everyone around us, how much better could this world be?

so tired, gonna go nap afteri post todays devo Smile

have a good one guys !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content