Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE

+2
hannahlee
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE Empty DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE

Post  Isaac Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:42 pm

"I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. "
Doesnt this sound really familiar? I think everyone, at one point or another, has said this to themselves.
" But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, "
At least you feel guilty right? aha... Like they say, the first step is to admit it. That goes for sin to. If you know its wrong, you can change it. You cant change what you dont realize and God gives us a good mirror to see our selves.
This chapter outlines sin well. Although it only briefly gives an answer to the sin. Im sure the next chapter will talk more about how to not be a "slave" to sin...

We sounded sick today guys! Good job!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE Empty Re: DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE

Post  hannahlee Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Romans 7

15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.

Knowledge is power. The most important thing is to know God's commands well enough to recognize our sin where we exercise it, and even if we can't stop it immediately, at least we have a line of vision for what to work towards..

24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

In some weird way, this whole bit was really comforting for me to read. It showed Paul as a human, JUST like the rest of us, struggling with sin, JUST the same. It gave me comfort to see that, you know, God never planned for us to be perfect humans, but our pursuit for perfection from sin is enough. He knows the strength of Satan better than any of us could ever know, and it's just our willing hearts that is enough to glorify Him. (That being said, it doesn't mean we shouldn't try our best to fight off the evil one..Haha.)

GOOD JOB TEAM! Very Happy

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:29 pm

i learned alot fomr this chapter, and it's something i can't explain or type out.
However, this chapter helped me relize that the moment we gave ourselves to Christ, our sinful nature still exists,, but we are separated from it.
It's not US who commit sin, it's the nature of sin. It really encouraged me that i can be saved in such a way.
Our God is an amazing God isn't he?
EVerytime i read Romans i think of the song "The Stand"
The Chorus says" What can i Say, What can i do, but offer my heart, completely to you."
It's really powerful. God doesn't want emppty hearts, he wants complete ones, and i want us as Praise leaders to always give that to him, in everything we do. Cause there is NOTHING taht we can say. Talk is cheap. We can only spiritually give ourselves to him, then the physical, emotional, mentail factors follow. We can only give through our actions and through our love.
The Bridge goes" SO i'll stand with Arms high and Heart abandoned."
Since we have nothing to say, and we can only give our hearts, let's Stand FOr God and against sin. Let us be desperate people ALL the time.
That's why i really love this song, it just outlines our lives completely. There is nothing we can do and say that would make us feel satisfied with God, especially if we do it alone. It's God who does that, we can only feel satisfied through God.

Can't wait to sing "Take all of Me" and "The Stand"
I'll send the set list tomorrow.
Have a good weeek!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:45 pm

YOO...praise team good job with praise today, you guys were sick.....keep it up....

So this is what i learned in romans 7..

Romans 7 says,

"We know that the law is spiritual; but i am unspiritual sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what i do. For what i want to do i do not do, but what i hate i do. And if i do what i do not want to do, i agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer i myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. i know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinfull nature. For i have the desire to do what is good but i cannot carry it out. For what i do is not the good i want to do; no, the evil i do not want to do-this i keep on doing. Now ifi do what i do not want to do, it is no longer i who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

This passage, was kinda confusing, so many with the word "do". Anyways when i read through this passage, it talks about sin. We all sin, sometimes we dont realize it, but it happens. God says that we are sinners. At the moment when we were born, we are consider as a sinner. No one in the world is made perfect, if people say he or she is perfect, they are liars. Im sure all of us has been in a type of situation when we know that this is wrong but we still do it because you cant help it, right. I have been in that situation several times. And i know that i screwed up. When that happens, that is a sign of giving up. That is when satan is controlling you. Satan wants to see us fall apart. But God says, never give up. He says, stand on your feet and fight against him, show him who you are. I saw the movie passion of the christ the other day, and i cried, i was so mad. when i saw Jesus being torchered and when he went up the hills with the cross on his back, i saw jesus being strong, he never gave up. And that inspired me alot. That he is sending out a message to never give up. So lets be like Jesus. Lets show the world about christ and bring them up into the kingdom of heaven.

AMEN.......

have a good day guys, and may God be with you.....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:32 am

Hey everyonee!
Terribly sorry this is late, but when I tried doing devos earlier momma Pak called me downstairs for dinner. which involved steak.. mmmm.
But here goes! Im gonna keep it short!
"15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."
Hhaha these verses took me FOREVER to get through. There are 21 DOs in these verses. hahah "There are lots of dos in this song.. Because God can do.. So many GREAT THINGS!" (love vbs) Anyways these verses really took me back to Sam's sermons on depravity - the fact that we know waht is wrong, but we continue to do it becuase it feels good. And that's the thing with humans: we're different from animals becuase we have that judgement - we have that knowledge of what is right and wrong, differently from animals. Example. We know that sex is for marriage and you dont cheat on your spouse. Dogs, on the other hand. Do it with every dog they see. hahah
Anyways so despite the fact that we KNOW as a result of the law, it is the sinful nature that takes over and lives in us.. It causes us to continue to do what we know is wrong. But because of Jesus' death on the cross we are given victory over our sinful nature and we are given life through Jesus' death. So we have the power to conquer over our sinful nature and actually do waht we want to do, and do what we know is right. Smile
Have an amazing week everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Sorry for the late devo. My baaaad.

v.6 "But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code."
The marriage metaphor really helped me to understand this verse and transformation that is in our faith. I think it's really difficult to turn your life around completely after having accepted Christ- maybe it's just me, but I still struggle with habitual sins. Part of the reason why people can't transform 100%, I think, is their lack of trust in God or even courage to start fresh.

I definitely need to remind myself of this verse everytime I struggle to have complete faith in God.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down