Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROMANS 6 6 6 6 6 6

+2
Isaac
Joseph
6 posters

Go down

ROMANS 6 6 6 6 6 6 Empty ROMANS 6 6 6 6 6 6

Post  Joseph Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm

OLLA, SENIO, BUENO, ARIGATO

What another great chapter to read, About sin and righteousness....so this is what i learned in romans 6....

Romans 6 says,

"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."

We are all sinners, once we were born we are consider as a sinner. This world is full of sins, when people say they are perfect they are wrong, because no one in this world is perfect because every one is a sinner. God says that if we sin we are following the commandments of evil. Satan wants to see us fall apart. It also says that we should use parts of are body to sin, i didnt really know what this meant but i think it means not to use for physical violence, or do not use your body for wickedness. The lord says that we should offer our soul to God. I am willing to sacrifice my soul to God because he is the one who created, he is the one who brought me here in this world. He has given me a home, a family, etc. So i am very thankful. In this passage it also says that sin is not you master, because you are not under law, but under grace. We shouldnt let sin control our life, it is saying that satan is in control of your life. So we must fight against satan and show him what we can do. We belong to God, the father almight maker of heaven and earth. We must never give up and stand up for God. So, what im trying to say is, lets always God in our side and pray that satan will fall down under our feet, amen...

AMEN.......

Have a good day guys and may God be with you...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

ROMANS 6 6 6 6 6 6 Empty Re: ROMANS 6 6 6 6 6 6

Post  Isaac Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 pm

"When he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives, he lives for the glory of God."
We died because of the power of sin that Jesus broke. When Jesus came back from the DEAD he "lives for the glory of God". We are considered "raised" from our sin because we accepted Jesus in our lives. We too should live for the glory of God. This can be done in many ways, like we all know. Everyone reading this is living a life glorifying God and this devo system is set up so we can glorify God on a daily basis.

"20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the obligation to do right. 21 And what was the result? You are now ashamed of the things you used to do, things that end in eternal doom. 22 But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God."
Slaves of sin to be slaves of God. Although slaves were a common thing back then, and socially accepted, when i read this i thought the word slave was a strong word to use to describe Christians. But i KNEW that the word has a negative stigma (black slavery is the most common slavery told to us) so i am going to dictinoary.com this word to get a real sense of what it is....brb.....
Slave: a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; Aha! Now the word doesn't seem so harsh. We sing about it all the time right? Like "take all of me" "from the inside out" and soo much more... also this passage refers to the word "obligation" again.
Obligation: a binding promise, contract, sense of duty Sense of duty! Like i said in my devo a while back, we have an obligation to do things as Christians. I dont think i have to list them out, we all know what they are...

SEE YOU TOMORROW GOIYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pumped? i am Smile
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:19 pm

A few days ago Sean Kim went on his newspaper trip. He chose the first house to his left, once he left the car. The policy is that even if the man or women interrupts you, you finish the speech. The man he chose was very aggravated but Sean decided to keep talking. Once he was done, the man looked at him and said "this is not a good time, my wife is in labor and is bleeding profusely". Once he went back into his house, he found his wife dead on the floor from blood loss. She died a few hours later. The baby survived.
Good job sean...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Verse 1 SO what shall we say
SO WHAT CAN I SAY? - THE STAND. you're lucky Hannnnnah.

As i was reading this, it reminded me alot of our Winter retreat and breaking free.
One thing i found interesting was verse 14. "FOr sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."
How many times do we fall into the temptation of sin, we're so good at it we sin without even knowing that we do so, but guess what
at the same time we're free from it. "we're in this world, but not part of it". I remember in the book "The SHack" they talked about law and how the world should not be cycling through law but through relationships. Imagine what our world would be if we had love for everyone and we tried our best to love each other and much as Christ did for us. imaginnneee!

Verse 15. "What then?"
Our next summer retreat theme is "What now?"
What will we do as a praise/leadership team to take the next step to making God's glory come forth? We as leaders need to take a step into our faith and take risks! One characteristic that a leader must have is risks, and when i say risks, dn't be stupid. Pray and lift up your decision to God, cause in reality, in OUR reality, God is the answer, he's the suuden realiztion to everything.

EXCITYED FOR TOMORROW. Apprently the little guys are afraid to sing loud, but they want to, so i told a few of them to just singg. tomorrow will be sickk, but rememebr it's not about the music., Music is 0% compared to God. Music can't even be compared to God.
HAVe a NIIIIICEEE sleeep sleeep
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:40 am

Hey guyss I'm so sorry this is late. but here goes! Btw before I start I must say that I LOVE PERSIAN PEOPLE HAHAHAHAH.. Yo persian girls can DANCE!
So anyhoo. I was reading this chapter this morning

11"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus"

Dead vs. Alive. Sin vs. God. So many.. oxymorons? would that be the right word? I really like how this verse describes being with God as life and being with sin as death. It just really puts us into perspective about sin. If we really take a step back from our lives and detach ourselves from our personal.. going-ons, its really quite simple and black and white. But because our complicated lives distort everything and create so many grey areas we often try dancing around in the middle. But every once in a while lets step back and think about how simple it is. Being with God - giving our lives to him and having him reign over our hearts is really what gives us our true life. So let's try to do it 24/7! This is more like. a vision, like how we talked about it on friday - the thing that we strive for but is realistically ahrd to do.. But nevertheless the vision's there -and by reaching for the best, we can achieve.. greatness.. "Reach for the moon. If you miss, you'll land among the stars." haha Like a Star @ heaven
13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.
Instruments. Hahha as soon as I read that word i thought about our praise instruments.. But it's really does fit in quite nicely. As praise team, man of us use instruments - which really if you think about it is nothing but a concotion of wood/metal/strings/cords.. But through the movement of our fingers or hands we create lots and lots of music. And if we let our bodies because instruments to sin, then it means that Satan uses what we have - words, actions, looks, etc. And use them to create so much evil. Might as well just break our guitars. haha. But if we are instruments or righteousness we are giving to God what little we have, and through us he works and creates so much good. Smile If my body was a piano, I'd shine my keys for God everyday Wink
hahah wow. weird devo from cathy pak.
Well im off see you all tmrw, folks!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:07 am

ROMANS 6

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life."
This chapter was really good for me because I find that I'm always trying to justify my sins. Living this new life in God means no sin, and yet we sin all the time. It's pretty late, and I feel like an analogy, so here it goes. Basically, my diets never ever work because I'm so easily tempted, and the longest diet that I've been on was for 2 days... Anyway, every time I see something that I really like (ex. ice cream), I actually tell myself, "Denise, you're not that fat. Look in the mirror, not fat at all." But the truth is, I am fat, and I DO need to go on a diet. Sinning is exactly the same as this. When I sin, like talking behind someone's back, I tell myself that it's okay when in reality, it's not. You know what I mean?

Okay, hope my analogy made sense, and I'm going to remember this verse in every aspect of my life.

MY NAME IS DENISE. I AM NOT FAT. I LIKE FOOD. I LIKE IT A LOT. I HAVE A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD. FOOD LOVES ME AS I LOVE IT. I AM NOT FAT. I DO NOT HAVE FLUBBBY ARMS.... youre not fat denise... -Isaac
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:25 am

Sry fell asleep, and I must say worst sleep ever, the office divider fell on me...AGAIN!!! Honestly, do you know anyone else then me who complains about this? Sry I am a little tick, it's like the worst wake up call, because it scares the @U#! out of you.

First sentence...Wow Never thought of it like that, and if some people have this mentality...wow (I love the "wow" moments)

Sin has a grasp over you, let's try this, Sin is not something that can control from the get-go, it's something you yourself give it authority to control over you. Think about it every time you sin, it's not sin just barging in, it's you who is letting your door open. It's all you and no one else. Sin is something we decide to have...Let me rephrase that, "sin" is a choice. We can sin or not sin, but it's of course impossible not to sin, but when you know that you have choices and one leads you to sin, that's when you have to make a choice. There is no neutral option. You sin or you don't. You might say that's not fair...what's not fair? You have the options, but like Sam's sermon, sometimes we don't have a choice where we don't sin at all. Greater sin or lesser sin, but still you have the choice to do the greater good.

Pumped for tomorrow さよならみな
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down