Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Romans 4

Post  Paul 폴 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey, peops~~~ And Kevin, what are you saying??? XD
Yeah, I just got home and it's FREEZING~ pale
I was late 2 times already and I'm not taking any chances. >.<

25: He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
This is a pretty short and straightforward passage but it means a lot to us, to everyone. You see, when I get hurt from a friend or someone close to me and they did something unforgivable, I wouldn't forgive them, ever, but to God, He died for our sins and rose again to judge the quick and the dead, and our Savior will forgive anyone that did anything. The only thing we need to do is believe in Him and believe that He is our Savior, our Father, in order to go to Heaven.

Sorry if this is pretty short. >.<
And~~~I'm tired. All right, Peace! Sleep
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romans 4

Post  jennifer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Sorryyy i just skimmed through it today :S
what i learned was that like abraham we should have faith in God and trust him wtih everything even if the circumstances dont look too great (his wife's womb was dead, yet Abraham had offspring at the age of 100)
have a great tomorrow guys! I love you
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:24 pm

my semester is terrible.........
anyways heres my devo!

Romans 4

O.O i just read it and it was really confusing... all this circumcised and uncircumcised stuff.
I didnt really get it. Ill keep reading until i get the idea of what the passage is trying to say then repost.
:l

BYE FOR NOW!
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm

as soon as i posted i got it!
hahahahaha

Through this whole passage, i got the jist that if you believe and have faith, ANYTHING can happen. Abraham was a man of 100 years of age and had offspring. SO what this is telling us is to always have faith in God and promises will be made to you by faith.
Really confusing passage for me o.o
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:41 pm

meh... this semester isnt too bad...but accounting doesnt seem too fun LOL
lots of numbers and an uptight teacher... sick..... and my best friend sits right in front of me, so he keeps distracting me LOLLLL how am i supposed to focus......... -.-

okay so todays chapter was basically about God's promise for those who have faith, and acceptance.

4Money paid to workers isn't a gift. It is something they earn by working. 5But you cannot make God accept you because of something you do. God accepts sinners only because they have faith in him.

SO TRUE! For real, nothing we do matters if we dont have faith in God at the end of the day.
Why would He need to send Jesus down to save us from our sins and constantly save our butts from... everything... if we obeyed every law, and did everything perfectly? We need to earn God's acceptance by believing in Him, having faith! What we do, when we serve in the church and do things that please God, what are we really doing it all for? Because we were just told to do it? because we think that it'll give us bonus points before we go to heaven? NO , we do it out of faith and trust in God. We trust that He will use us in great ways while we are here, we do it to fufill our purpose, and we do all of this, without questioning why we do it for a God we cannot see, or hear like other idols of this world, becauseeeee we have FAITH. We take that leap of faith!!! It is something that others find really hard to do... thats why people make idols... but who are we to question God's existance when we see Him work all around us!? He provided us with everything, and now it's our turn to give back.

13God promised Abraham and his descendants that he would give them the world. This promise wasn't made because Abraham had obeyed a law, but because his faith in God made him acceptable. 14If Abraham and his descendants were given this promise because they had obeyed a law, then faith would mean nothing, and the promise would be worthless.

Our faith isnt worthless, God promised Abraham and his descendants that He would take care of them, and give them everything, in return for their FAITH in Him.

The key in Christianity i believe, IS faith!
I believe that this is what seperates us from other religions.
It's not only based upon believing in something... it's having faith and trust in something we dont know everything about... can't grasp the full concept of.. but even then, we still have faith.
God uses those who have strong faith in God.
He uses the weak, and the imperfect beings who seem so unlikely for the job, YET, upon their faith, He builds His kingdom. Just like King David who was crowned at such a young age, Moses who couldn't speak, Paul who killed Christians... but their faith was unbreakable, and that was valued by God, and for that, God accepted them.

haha sorry guys.... got a little long >.< but i just love the book of romans

have a good friday, and have fun at practice~
ill join you guys when i can, kaaaayyyy?
see you all on sunday my lovesssss<3

Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey guys,
I'm already getting tons of work from school..
At least I can look forward to praise tomorrow.

If you guys read verse 9-10, it talks about how is are only those who are circumsised blessed? Or are uncircumsised gentiles also blessed? I believe that the answer is that the blessing goes to anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. I've noticed that these past few chapters have been about faith and laws. And I found this particular verse interesting.

13 Clearly, Godís promise to give the whole earth to Abraham and his descendants was based not on his obedience to Godís law, but on a right relationship with God that comes by faith. 14 If Godís promise is only for those who obey the law, then faith is not necessary and the promise is pointless. 15 For the law always brings punishment on those who try to obey it. (The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!)

About laws, I thought about it, and the breaking of rules are inevitable. It's something that we can't help and something that we do everyday. Verse 14 made me remember, we don't need laws for the acceptance of Jesus. We don't need them because of the fact that JEsus had already died on the cross. "If Godís promise is only for those who obey the law, then faith is not necessary and the promise is pointless." The thing is, God's promise isn't only for those who obey the law. It's far of all of us who believe regardless of the circumstances of whether we're law abiding. But once again, it doesn't mean we should live like little devils... ahahhahaha

Anyways, that's it!
See y'all tomorrow!
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 am

Hello! How's everyone? (:

9 Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abrahamís faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

I basically thought that this passage was talking about how you don't have to be perfect in every way, or have complete faith in God at all times, to be recognized by God. God doesn't love you only if you completely love him. God loves no matter how close you feel to him.

I don't know, I don't have too much to say for this chapter. :$
Sorry!
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  julian on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 am

Romans 4:

Some of you guys tell me that a lot of this stuff seems confusing.. I guess I'll take my stab at it.

Works are part of a great significance, but they aren't everything. What we do isn't SO important to God as our faith... from how I see it. (verse 5 simply tells me that the person who does nothing yet trusts God, his faith is righteous - what matters more is trust.) Again, this becomes somewhat supported with verses 7 and 8, which simply tell me that everyone who trusts in God, who is faithful, and as their sins covered and forgiven is blessed. Again, we see the idea of circumcision (basically purity for the Jewish males). Simply, it says is the blessedness 'reserved'? Is it only for the Jews and not for the gentiles? We see that God is the ruler of every person, no matter what race we might be.

Verses 14 and 15 make an important comment: 'For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.'
Living by the law alone or by good deeds alone gets us nowhere. Recall the man who claimed he never sinned and was always 'pure', following the 10 commandments? He wouldn't have ever gone into heaven, I think. Yes, wrath exists... for those who simply refuse to believe! This clearly tells me that faith had to exist for a reason.

I even liked a part of verse 17 (He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed - the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.) I mean, our God can do anything he pleases - he can really do so much... even this verse alone still calms my heart down. I never thought about tutoring people, since I was more of a quiet, more self-dependent person, but God really called out my more 'active' personality. And so I'm even more confident leading fellowship! Smile

Abraham basically tells me one key quality - perseverance through trust. No matter what happened to his age or to Sarah, he continued to live a Godly life by doing all that he could. It wasn't his works that were valued, but more of his commitment to God that was.

I guess this is what spoke to me... but again, I'm different.
Hope it helps, Cheers.

- Jules.
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:52 am

Great devos guys!