Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romans 3

Post  josephpaik on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Sorry i didnt do yesterdays devo haha
i had no excuse. i guess i just forgot. Sorry!
1 strike for me.

Romans 3
In verse 8
Let us do evil that good may result.

To me, i think this means not to actually do evil deeds.... but just do what you're doing now, because throughout our life we are always sinning. I think that is what this passage is referring to as "evil" If we just continue to do what we do since nobody is perfect and repent. Good things will come and you will be accepted as a result. in the verses 10-18 it practically states that there is no one who understands or seeks God and all people do is sin and have no fear of what God can do. In my opinion, this is very true. Some people just go to church just cause they're forced, others to just meet friends. But what we should truly be doing is the complete opposite in those verses.

This righteousness form God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

This verse is very straight forward, for all those who believe in Jesus Christ and have faith that he is our Saviour and died for our sins, we will be purified with the righteous of God and be accepted into his kingdom.

once again sorry for not doing yesterdays!
peacee
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Haha so the snow today was crazy.
I shouldn't have went to school...

31 Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

I read this verse and I thought this answers a lot of questions that are often brought up. I've heard some people say that well if God saves us through Jesus Christ, what's the point of following the rules. And this verse pretty much explains what we should do and what TRULY having faith is. "If we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law" That hit me like a brick ahaha. Often times, it seems that life is less bent on "rules" because we know that we are saved through the grace of Christ. But it should never be like that. Even though we know we're saved through Christ, we can still have the mentality of following the rules because it's something that pleases God... Something that should be the least we can do for God cause we owe it all to him and he deserves it all. And the second part, we don't have to be concerned about breaking the rules if we truly have faith. That also stuck out to me a lot. Faith and obedience of the law, these are two things that come HAND IN HAND. If we have faith, the obeying of the laws should not be an issue. But obeying the laws is always an issue for us humans because we always sin, so that made me think, does that mean I have no faith? Because I clearly sin every single day. And this applies to everyone. I've come to the conclusion that yeah there is definitely room for more faith, and less doubt. But at the end of the day, we still fall short. But we can always have the mindset to work on it rather than thinking, oh it's pointless, there's no point of trying. It's just something we can all work towards to!

Ahah that's my 2 cents.
Hope your weeks are stay good till the end of the week!

See you guys friday!
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 pm

great devos guys thus far,
just a tip
PLEASE READ THIS! !!!! ! !:
If youre writing a devo while someone else is writing one, and one person (say Kevin) posts his devo, the second person (say Joseph) has to click the "post anyway" (or something like that) in order for it to post.
the reason it does this is because it asks if Joseph wants to read Kevins post before posting his
SOOO.... NEVER just click "send" and close the browser cause you might lose your devo!
also always copy the entire devo, sometimes it doesnt go through, so in that case you can just paste it again

just some tips, thanks for reading guys!
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Romans 3

Post  Paul 폴 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Finally, for once I'm on time. Razz
Today was just HECTIC 'cause I'm in York Region and it NEVER closes down.....My friend in Toronto District closed down and I was so mad......Evil or Very Mad
And I just noticed this, but every time I change my text to red, it ALWAYS make it orange for some reason. lol!
And I had fitness test today, from the beginning, which was brutal 'cause I didn't train at all for this. pale

19: Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20: Therefore, no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observed the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
This passage is pretty straightforward, I think. This just means that we are all sinners and we were, are and never will be as humble and righteous as God is. When I think back, I used to call myself Mr. Righteous Embarassed But, my Pastor couldn't take it anymore and he lectured me about what I'm doing is wrong and on the next Sunday, he preached about this, and I realized that I was a sinner and wasn't pure, no matter what I did.

Sorry for the past two days~~~ I just blanked out. I should be more responsible from now on...... bounce
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  julian on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 pm

That wise guy was YOU, Isaac? We'll see... hahahaha.

Romans 3:

The first part of the passage deals with God's faithfulness. I think this section basically tells us that if we see our own gifts (as the circumcision was to the Jewish males), then their faith became more 'defined'. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still in a Frenchy-mode right now and it's sorta difficult to do English).

Let God be true, and every man a liar; so that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.

I guess it basically says that even though we're liars, let's do what we can in having more of God's righteousness in us so we can defend ourselves and be correct with God's direction.

Then there's the section on how no one is righteous. Again, we knew about the situation between the Gentiles and the Jews. The Jews were the more supreme people, while the Gentiles were not... likely, there was some sort of hierarchy in things. But simply, it points out that NO ONE IS RIGHTEOUS!

All of us sin. No one can deny that, and it's basically clear from what we've been taught. Sometimes we DO judge or even think we're correct all the time, even when we aren't. And it can be affected by pride - I even have that issue from time to time... pride exists in all of us, and if we keep being self-deceptive about what the truth is, God will really tell us - the hard way, I think.

The last portion of Romans 3 deals with the gospel - the good news - that God's righteousness exists that really sets him apart from us. 'For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God' is one of the things I often pray about, and I'm sure this is what happens when we DON'T keep in contact with God. Crucifixion enough was painful and one of the most SHAMEFUL ways to die. And he did it for every individual; that's why we're not here by accident. God brought each and every one of us here - to serve God and be fruitful in all of his ways.

He is the God of EVERYONE who believes basically sums up the last bit.

French seems to be killing my brain a little bit today, haha. And YRDSB kids still had school today... lame! All because they would lose their funds if they canceled school like TDSB did (well, TDSB's already in debt).

- Jules.
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:49 am

You guys, how did I end up with biology first period? -.-haha
but yeah, tmrws first day of semester 2 for me!

In today's chapter one thing was REALLY stressed. It was that NO ONE is perfect but God!
We are so not worthy, we make mistakes, but God still loves us. We should be encouraged and motivate ourselves to become more like Christ! We can never be perfect, but we can try to be good and do only what is pleasing to God. It's not easy, that's for sure, but if you pray and really let God work through you, that's a good step forward Smile

Also Another thing is that we are ALL equal in the eyes of God. God doesn't love us mor because we're on the praise team or others for certain reasons... He loves us all the same and unconditionally!
He accepts us as Christ followers and we need to continue to grow spiritualy and walk on His path ~
I sometimes forget how truly AWESOME God's love is. How He is always present and loving me... And I really shouldn't be taking advantage of that. I always want to show God how much he means to me too, it can never compare to His love and sometimes I turn away.. But He's always waiting there for me, always ready to accept me back into His arms. How great is our God!

I think of a lot of different songs when writing this... Like "I could sing of your love forever" and "where the love lasts forever"

God loves all of you, forever and always Smile <3

Have a safe week you guys~
love you all ^^
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 am

Kevin, "Hope your weeks are stay good till the end of the week!" LOL, esl!

Romans 3
5 But if our unrighteousness brings out Godís righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.)

10 As it is written: ďThere is no one righteous, not even one;

I really had to think about verse five and read over it a couple of times.
Basically, if we were perfect, there's no doubt that we'd forget about God and we'd end up worshiping/idolizing ourselves. Lately, the media has been trying to tell us that 'we're worth it' (I'm sure we all know where that phrase comes from). We're always taking credit for God's work and we forget that everything around us is from God. We make our talents and hobbies our source of significance, when it SHOULD be God.
The fact that we are not perfect helps us to realize that there IS a perfect being that we have to depend on when we cannot handle the mistakes we've made or gotten ourselves into.

Sorry for the short devo, guys. I'm a little tired!
Anyway, goodnight and I hope everyone is well and enjoyed the snow day! (:
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 am

hey guys, aha I went to school and no body came. and
it's sooo nice that I have 1st and 2nd spare, I basically leave my
house at 11:25. I can sleep in every single day... YEA~~~

3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify Godís faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:

I rele like this verse, this made me realize that we've sinned countless numbers of times and will sin more in the future but God will never change and always lend a hand when we get lost in our journey.

5 But if our unrighteousness brings out Godís righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.) 6 Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world?

I guess this is true. How we sin and because of sin we got closer to God to a certain extent. This verse says that Sin might have brought us closer, but that doesn't give us the right to Sin over and over again thinking that sinning will bring us closer together. That's not the mentality we should be carrying on.

22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

After Jesus died, the curtains of the temple tore down. The temple basically separated the Jews, the gentiles, and the high priests. When the gentiles wanted to worship they had to worship outside of the temple. the Jews worshiped inside of the temple, and the high priests were the only one that were allowed to go inside deeper. now the HIGH HIGH priest went inside way deeper where the ark of the covenant was placed. But when jess passed away the temples tore down breaking down the hierarchy. Now everybody was able to worship freely where ever they wanted to. and I think we take things for granted because if Jesus didn't die for our sins, we wouldn't be even able to worship him.
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: