Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denise's Devos

Go down

Denise's Devos Empty Denise's Devos

Post  Roh Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:05 am

Denise couldn't access the forum, so she asked me to copy and paste this!

ACTS 3

v.6 Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."

I think this verse really shows what kind of attitude all believers should have to God and other people. Peter didn't have anything exquisite or expensive, but he did have the gift to heal. He recognized his gift, and was more than willing to use it to help a stranger. At times, I wish that I had more- more talent or more gifts- when I see other people who can do things that I cannot do.

But I think that this verse calls us to look at ourselves and see what kind of gifts God has specifically given us. We all have something that is unique, and it's our responsibility to recognize that, and use it to glorify God. This verse also applies to praise. Few weeks ago, Sam talked about how we should come to praise God with everything and anything we have- worries, thankfulness, or brokenness. From this verse, I learned that God doesn't expect us to go out of our way to praise Him. He wants us to bring whatever we have, and lay it all down to God. So, even though we might feel that we have to be happy and enthusiastic during praise as members of this praise team, I think it's okay to have any emotion when we praise. Ultimately, God wants us to praise him with honest hearts.

I think it'll be good for us to take time to really reflect on the gifts God has given us, and figure out how we can glorify Him with those unique gifts.

Smile
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down