Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mar 21 Devos

4 posters

Go down

Mar 21 Devos Empty Mar 21 Devos

Post  Isaac Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Im doing John today because my cell group is currently doing John.
"2 A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don’t belong to him and he isn’t their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock. 13 The hired hand runs away because he’s working only for the money and doesn’t really care about the sheep."
this analogy is great. I think one of the most asked questions from a Christian, or even a non-Christian, is why would God leave us? If he loves us why would he let me go through all this?
We all go through it, i question God all the time when im angry and upset but its verses like these that make me hold strong in my faith.
This reminds me last night, and how [GT] Legend mentioned the poem Foot prints. here it is:

One night a man had a dream,
He dreamed he was walking along
the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed
scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed
two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to him and
the other to the LORD.
When the last scene flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He notice many times in his life there was
only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened to be at
the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and
he questioned the LORD about it.
"LORD, you said once I decided to follow You,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only ONE set of footprints.
I don't understand why
when I needed You the most
You would leave me."
The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
When you see only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Very Happy I like it too. Its on a wall in our church building somewhere, i remember reading it...

-[GT] Quikie
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Mar 21 Devos Empty Re: Mar 21 Devos

Post  Andy Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:04 pm

zzzz...can we not do pick your own devos..i honestly dont know what to read

1 peter

umm this chapter goes over basically of what we believe in. It is a great summary for times when our faith is struggling or if we just want to get something straightened out. One part stood out to me the most which was "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed.." I think for myself i forget that, that it was the SON OF GOD that saved me, not the riches of the world. The perfect thing in this world was sacrificed in our place on that cross. I mean thats gotta have some significance, we clearly deserved to die on that cross but since God loved us so much he put his own son on that cross. Just simply amazing..

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:05 pm

I decided to do one of my favorite chapters, which helped me improve myself, and still is.
lo,l It's one of those chapters that is a harsh but good wake up call, "a kick in the butt", but a helpful one

Amos 4

Israel's Failure to learn

Listen to me, you fat cows
living in Samaria
you women who oppress the poor
and crush the needy
and who are always calling to your husbands
"bring us another drink"
The sovereign Lord has sworn this by his holiness
"the time will come when you will be led away with hooks in you noses"

I know it's like a scolding, nut like every scolding you can get a lot from it. To me these verses are like a constant reminder to learn from your mistakes. Don't just say sorry and forget about it. We sometimes have a tendency to throw our apologies. To me it's saying to start maturing and learn from our mistakes and be humble, or your own sins will consume you "hooks in the noses". It's saying get up, don't just live in your mistakes, man up and be humble about it. It's one of those scary God moments, I am thankful for the Bible to include God's anger sometimes, because it's chances for us to learn a lot from it.

K c ya guys tmr

さよなら bye
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:48 am

Choose your own devotions is for people who want to keep up with their devos. If you choose not to, its fine. We will be starting Romans this coming Monday.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Hahhah so im an idiot and i started romans yesterday because for some reason i thought that saturday was the 23rd.. But here goes, im doing the right thing this time I believe. I guess on Monday I'll just come back here and do my own 'pick my own devos'

Proverbs 6: 6-11
"Lazy people should learn a lesson from the way ants live. They have no leader, chief, or ruler, but they store up their food during the summer, getting ready for winter. How long is the lazy man going to lie around? When is he ever going to get up? "I'll just take a short nap", he says; "I'll fold my hands and rest a while." But while he sleeps, poverty will attack h im like an armed robber."
So I chose proverbs.. And I liked these verses because it reminded me of that childrens tale of the lazy grasshopper and the dilligent ants. Oh childhood, why have you abandoned me. I like how the bible talks about hard work like this, because it shows us that even though we rely on God and we trust that he will provide, it doesnt mean that we can just sit back and get a free ride.But for me, this passage isnt just about working for money and avoiding poverty.. But it sort of made me reflect on the ways we work for God - whether it be through serving or controlling and disciplining our actions. the ants don't have some sort of slave driver to make them do what they do.. But they do it out of their dilligent and hardworking nature.. And it's sort of the same for us. God doesn't slave drive us into working for him.. But we do it out of our desire to do so. But sometimes we get lazy and we think that we have all the time in the world. Have you guys ever slipped and thought 'well i can sin now because i have the rest of my life to do good things and I'll get into heaven for being a Christian just before I die'? Hahah yeah, I know its horrible. But Im not gonan lie I've thought that here and there. But that's falling into laziness and relying on this 'abundant time' that we think we have. But this starving grasshopper shows us that lazy clearly never works Razz
So lets learn from the fat ants and the starving grasshopper Smile

Ew school tmrw?
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down