Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

4 posters

Go down

Acts 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 Empty Acts 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:11 pm

My mens choir teacher got so upset today, because we ahve aconcert in like 2 weeks but we suck, so she just starting ranting on everything. To top if off, the StuCo members come late becaus eof meetings and she flipped on us, telling us to never come again basically, when she was the one who invited us to come. What a douche.... so no more chori practice for me Smile

I remember Sam preached on this chapter about how this beggar who could've been healed by Jesus, was left so that Peter could heal him. God is very interesting isn't he? In the book Purpose driven life, i remember the part about how everything in life is a test. Every action you do, everything you say, is a test put up by God. God tests you only so that you are ABLE to pass them, he would never give you something you can't handle. AND those tests are what brings glory to his kingdom. So in any relevance, Jesus tested Peter, giving him a choice, and asa result brought heaven to the beggars life, bringing glory to the kingdom of God. Can we bring heaven to other peopels lives as well? and for those who already believe how can we help them to develope it? Sam said" You're either going UP or going DOWN when it comes to the relationship with Christ, you cannot be neutral." Regarding this, we have to take this and stand by it ourselves. It's one thing to DE devos, but nother to process it and actually apply it in your life.

That is all ahaha
Have a good tuesday buds.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 Empty Re: Acts 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:59 pm

Great points Jacob. Like you said, everything is a test. If you really sit down and think about it, everything can glorify God.Whether you are playing sports, doing work, studying, everything can glorify him.

I like how Peter speaks to the crowd after he heals him. Like think of it this in another point of view, he could have healed him and left and it would have been enough. The people would still have been surprised but he went the extra mile. He sends them on a guilt trip but then explains why/ how to repent. Its something we should do aswell. Like when we help each other musically, spiritually, and in everyday life, instead of just telling someone you should show them how to fix it.

Thats my two cents.
Have a good tuesday!
E-Sek OUT!
P.S 5 of you didnt do your devos. Mike, Roh, Hannah, Allan, and Steven. Steven i couldnt call you cause i dont have your number.... and Allan please respond to my texts Mad
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:54 am

caught up on my devos Smile
thanks isaac for the momma-scary reminder.

i like what you said too. we can't just go up to each other and TELL each other what to do. we need to actually CARE and follow through on what we say to one another. when i tell you that i care about you having a great relationship with God, i need to follow through and you can count me on that.

Basketball
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:22 am

hahahha so at 12:30am last night i was about to print my english creative component... only to realize that my file had disapppeared
so i ended up rewriting all of it last night.. I HATE TECHNOLOGY
i swear man, these computers have conspiracies against Cathy Pak.
lol but anyhooo
im really exahusted so im gonna keep this short.
But basically, the Beggar was HEALLED, I TELL YOU!
Verse 8: "Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God"
I really liked this verse, becuase it really shows the amount of joy that God's work did in this beggar's life. The beggar must have been very despearte for God - I remember when Sam came back from Madagascar, he told us how university students were dancing, singing, jumping up and down to like.. little kid bible-study songs.. And at first I laughed, but then he explained that its becuase they had so little - that they were so dependent on and desperate for God.. And this is the same thing that we see in the beggar.
But for us who live easier lives than this beggar did, we rely more on our own powers, our own abilities to attempt to create our own joy. Without this desperatenesss (is that a word) for God, we start to kinda go dead inside.. and have hardened hearts.. Because of this, we can't really sing and dance and jump and fully praise God, if we're still relying on ourselves in the back of our heads.
So even though we are much more blessed than others around the world, lets try to keep her hearts open to really needing God in the same way that this beggar did - in the same way that the studnets in Madagascar did.
Have a SICKK TUESDAY
sorry this is late by 22 mintes Razz
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down